We've reached another dis-resembly page. Here's a look at the fan from behind.
Yep, that's an ATNG platform, all right.
A goodly amount of the AC line filtering is done right here. I counted a coil, three X capacitors, and four Y capacitors. ATNG went for the overkill here, because there's even more parts to the filter on the mainboard.
Soldering is very good, but I will have to remove a half point later for the not so good job done around the heatsink standoffs. One touch with the iron, and all the solder pulled right away from those areas. Translation - not enough solder.
It's too bad, because the primary parts were soldered down so well I had trouble getting them de-soldered.
The AC line filtering on the mainboard includes two more X capacitors and another coil.
Capacitors are all second tier parts on this bad boy. Here we see two Teapo electrolytics jammed up against the 5VSB output Schottky. I don't care for that... since I have replacements in Nippon Chemi-Con KZE parts, I'm going to swap those out right now.
The polymer caps you see in this picture are Teapo (pink) and Capxon (blue). Each VRM uses one CAT7523 controller and two 031N03Ls to supply the minor rails from the main 12V supply.
Teapo primary capacitors.
More Teapo on the secondary. On the 12V output heatsink, I found eight IXTP182N055Ts for the actual 12V output, plus one MBR2060CT for the standby.
The primary parts. We have two diodes and two 32N50C3s for PFC, and two IXFH44N50Ps for switchers. Bridge rectifiers are two U15K80Rs.
Add our RSS feeds to your favorite RSS Reader or homepage.