jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Computer Hardware > General Hardware

General Hardware Troubleshooting and discussion of any computer hardware

Old 09-07-2012
90 Degrees from Danger

I've never run the P280 or the Fractals Personally (though friends on other forums have) so I can't speak for them.
If it keeps close in the same price point it should do just fine. I wonder too what features will define it as an 'SE' and how much of a price tag increase that will be. Because up here at least that case comes in at $130. If they don't add enough and bring it up another 20-30 its gonna bring it to Switch 810 Territory and a lot more competition.

Good to know from you experience with the P280 that it is solid.
Noise is a secondary factor to me so, I'm not overlly concerned if it is not nearly as quiet as FD's cases can be.

I like lots of room to work with for cables. Something for example my Bitfenix Colossus gives me in spades. Which for us up here you can get a Shinobi Window edition for the same cost, and they are solidly built and come in a Myraid of colours. Another Contender in my eyes at least.

-Storm

- Caught in the Maelstorm / A grasp unknown / tap you heels 3 times / You'll want to be home - *S.T 2009*
Old 09-07-2012
Danke schön

I'd say, right now, all factors considered (including price) the matte colored Switch 810's are the cases to beat if you're looking for a full tower enclosure (or in the case of the 1100 & P280, pseudo full tower.)
Old 09-07-2012
90 Degrees from Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
I'd say, right now, all factors considered (including price) the matte colored Switch 810's are the cases to beat if you're looking for a full tower enclosure (or in the case of the 1100 & P280, pseudo full tower.)
Won't disagree there, I really like the Switch.
Though CM is always a threat and Bitfenix is starting to make its presence felt. Have you had a chance to mess with a Colossus or Shinobi XL?

-Storm

- Caught in the Maelstorm / A grasp unknown / tap you heels 3 times / You'll want to be home - *S.T 2009*
Old 09-07-2012
Danke schön

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
Won't disagree there, I really like the Switch.
Though CM is always a threat and Bitfenix is starting to make its presence felt. Have you had a chance to mess with a Colossus or Shinobi XL?

-Storm
I got my hands on the Colossus when it first launched but I wasn't really impressed overall.

It felt a lot like the HAF-X; just in a smaller package. It did look better though.
On the other hand, a lot of Bitfenix guys used to work for CM, so no surprise there.

ShinobiXL was a recent toy I got my hands on, and while I enjoyed it a great deal, I do wish it had more to it. Especially for it's initial launch price (it's cheaper now though.)
The HDD cage rotation was stupid and felt cheap. I'd much rather just take half a cage out. Like wise, the front of the case choked the airflow from the front fans and created an annoying hiss because of it's design.
Like wise, even with thin radiators (28 & 32mm thick), you couldn't use Push-Pull configurations up top.

BitFenix is definitely doing a lot of good. I'd be interested in their new Ghost chassis if I could get my hands on it.
Old 09-07-2012
90 Degrees from Danger

Quote:
I got my hands on the Colossus when it first launched but I wasn't really impressed overall.

It felt a lot like the HAF-X; just in a smaller package. It did look better though.
On the other hand, a lot of Bitfenix guys used to work for CM, so no surprise there.

ShinobiXL was a recent toy I got my hands on, and while I enjoyed it a great deal, I do wish it had more to it. Especially for it's initial launch price (it's cheaper now though.)
The HDD cage rotation was stupid and felt cheap. I'd much rather just take half a cage out. Like wise, the front of the case choked the airflow from the front fans and created an annoying hiss because of it's design.
Like wise, even with thin radiators (28 & 32mm thick), you couldn't use Push-Pull configurations up top.

BitFenix is definitely doing a lot of good. I'd be interested in their new Ghost chassis if I could get my hands on it.
Fair enough. I guess everyone has there different impressions. I got a hold of a Colossus White Window, and I have to admit I was quite happy with the layout and fans (other than the top and front Panel Being a Cast Iron bugger to remove).
The softtouch was a nice change from the everyday, espically when moving the case around. Shiobi is nice too, but again its eye of the beholder. I found it better than my X and 932/Trooper. But perhaps that was because it wasn't as bold of a design. Perhaps the Movable HDD tray isn't to everyones taste. Their Raider did it better with HDD trays like you are thinking.

You should try the Prodigy, so long as you don't use a PSU with Modular connectors that stick out, its the ultimate in ITX cases.

Anywho, all this case talk, sorry to the OP didn't mean to derail your thread. Antecs newest iteration has be hoping for something unique and sublte in a dilute market.

-Storm

Old 09-08-2012
Danke schön

I've tried a million cases, and it's always fun to talk about them.

As for the Prodigy, I haven't had a chance yet; but I hold a soft spot for the SG05 / SG06 cases for their price v performance, as well as ability to be as compact as possible while still holding superb hardware.
Old 09-08-2012
90 Degrees from Danger

Quote:
I've tried a million cases, and it's always fun to talk about them.

As for the Prodigy, I haven't had a chance yet; but I hold a soft spot for the SG05 / SG06 cases for their price v performance, as well as ability to be as compact as possible while still holding superb hardware.
Yeah I won't lie, it is fun. I build systems as a hobby for people and my invoice tag number is in the 400's now. I love cases and coolers the most. Thanks to this site PSU's I have learned as well.

I actually got NCIX to dig out a case not listed on there site and sell it to me because it was a classic I missed

Finger crossed that Antec has this new SE done just right and I'll add it to the collection.

-Stormchaser

Old 08-17-2013
micro ATX User

Not meaning to bump an old thread, but I'm truly interesting. What became of this case?
Old 08-29-2013
Flux Capacitor User

What?