jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Computer Software > Operating Systems

Operating Systems Troubleshooting and discussions of computer operating systems

Old 01-22-2014
micro ATX User

Default weird mouse issue

Hi all,

I have come across the strangest issue with my mouse EVER...i have doing tech work for like 20 years and i have always managed to solve my issues...this one has me completely stumped...

whenever i leave my computer on and idle for too long it acts funny. i will try to click something and it acts like the left click is being pressed extremely fast and without end. I have already uninstalled(physically removed the mouse, un-installed drivers and software, and deleted registry keys and extra folders left behind) the mouse i was using...a corsair M65 and re-installed my old Logitech G9 with the same results. i uninstalled the usb 3.0 driver since i dont actually have any usb 3.0 devices anyway...still no change...im kind of out of things to try that i can think of...

windows 7 x64 professional, 6970 lightning vid card, fx-8120, biostar ta990FXE mobo with the latest bios(yes i know i was broke and they dont OC well but they are stable), antec HCG 900, antec 1200 case all upgraded fans, 8gb G. skill sniper 1866 cl9, zalman all copper hsf, arctic silver TIM, soundblaster Z, intel pci-e gigabit nic.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-22-2014
Naughty

What's the USB polling rate setting, and is there any kind of USB power management active? Something tells me your problem is related to those things in some way.
Old 01-22-2014
micro ATX User

polling rate is set to 1000, and no i think i turned power mgmt off...but i will double check to be sure
Old 01-22-2014
micro ATX User

ok...upon further inspection, i think it might be ther keyboard not the mouse...power saving features of USB were all off...i turned them on, and now its less system crippling than before but now it appears more as if the enter key is being held down so whenever i mouse over a button it LOOKS like its a mouse click

...will try uninstalling razer drivers and update kb firmware see if that helps
Old 01-23-2014
micro ATX User

so... on a hunch i uninstalled the keyboard drivers, deleted the profile files, removed registry keys the whole deal for the keyboard driver...rebooted, ran the intel SSD optomizer, rebooted and reinstalled kb drivers fresh, and that seems to have fixed the problem so im going with a borked KB driver install unless it happens again but i have left it alone for testing since and it hasnt happened again...thanks for the advice McSteel...your power mgmt suggestion may have been part of the problem..if not...thanks anyway lol

Last edited by Gr1mSag3; 01-25-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2014
micro ATX User

so ya...still stable...hmm guess it was just a borked KB driver install...never had that happen in all of my years building computers lol
Old 01-25-2014
Naughty

Yeah, pretty strange, but logically fits into the problem description.
Thanks for the follow-up, it's always useful to learn about a new type of gremlin, for future troubleshooting