jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Site and Forum Topics > Site Suggestions & Forum Issues

Site Suggestions & Forum Issues Feel free to offer up constructive criticism of the site here. Any suggestions for the forums (like adding more forums) or issues with the forums can be discussed here too

Old 08-05-2009
1kW User

Default Login forum issue.

I just ran across a little issue with trying to log in on the forums with a new Vista/FF installation. I had forgotten to save all my bookmarks on my lappy before I formatted it and reinstalled Vista and FF. So just a little while ago I browsed to the forums and went to login and after inputting my username and password I went to the successful loging page. But then it redirected back to the main forum page with me not logged in. I tried this 3-4 times and every time I did it would redirect back to the forum index page without being logged in. But, when I went to another web page then used my bookmark to come back I was logged in (I have the "remember me" button checked).

Not a big deal since I always set my computers to automatically log in on forums, but figured you all might want to look at this. My laptop is running 64 bit Vista Ultimate and using FF 3.5.2 as the web browser.
Old 08-05-2009
Site Administrator

It almost sounds like a cookie got corrupted. I'm not personally running FF 3+ due to issues I find in it. I will toss it on one of the other machines and see if I can reproduce any issues.