Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: jonnyGURU forums, of course!
Thanked 596 Times in 407 Posts
Last updated: 11/09/09
- A moderator reserves to delete or edit your posts without warning. Although the reason may not be clearly or concisively laid out in the following rules, if you get railed by a mod or admin, keep in mind that it was likely for good reason. This is a privately owned and operated forum, funded out of pocket. 1st ammendment rights do not apply here.
- Use the search function before posting. There's a good chance that your question has already been answered.
- Respect the netiquette. Feel free to lurk and get to know the forum before you post. Some times there may be a tone of sarcasm and we wouldn't want anyone to misinterpret that as gross disrespect.
- They to keep on topic. Posts that are outside the scope of a certain forum or thread will either be moved, locked or simply deleted.
- Be nice to each other and respect the moderators. Profanity is allowed on these forums, but only within reason. Insults, flame wars and trolling will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with another member turn to a moderator and if the moderator can't help you send a private message to jonnyGURU.
- Do not spam. If you work for a reseller or a manufacturer, a certain degree of pimping is perfectly fine. If your company offers what can be considered a "hot deal", feel free to post it in the appropriate forum. Even fanboys are tolerated, but only to a certain extent. But blatant advertising, without prior consent from a moderator, is not allowed. Spam will be deleted, accounts will be banned. Repeat offenses will result in IP bans.
- No warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content. Links to content of a questionable nature, asking for, offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content in any way or form is not tolerated.
- Posts that are not safe for work need to be labeled "NSFW" and limited to the Off Topic forum. And use common sense when decency comes into question. "Late night HBO" type content is fine, but porn or even links to porn is just not acceptable.
- No cross posting. Post your message once, to the appropriate forum and nowhere else or it will be locked or deleted without warning.
- Use a title that describes the content of your post. Thread titles like "help" or "suggestion," will be edited or locked. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention. Repeat offenses will earn vacation time.
- Do not reply to topics of discussion on this board via personal messages or email to Moderators or Admins. Doing so defeats the purpose of having the forums!
- Do not bump your own threads within the same day/night. For example: If you post looking for help and someone doesn't respond within 12 hours, wait 12 hours before sending the post back to the top. Same goes with for sale/trade threads. Other users are allowed to bump these threads for you, though.
- Multiple registrations are not allowed. If we find out that you are registered under more than one name, you will be asked which name you would like to keep and the other registrations will be deleted. Repeat offenses will result in a perma-ban.
- If you've written a review and would like to share it with others, you're welcome to start a new thread with a link to your review at jonnyGURU.com. There is no need to have to copy and paste your content into our forums. As long as it's done in the correct subforum, you introduce yourself as the author, editor, etc. and the thread has a relative subject name and summary post.
- If you're looking for help on "what to buy" please let readers know what your location is. What's available in Croatia may be completely different from what's available in Argentina. Knowing where you live will help us help you.
- If you are using our For Sale/Trade forums to sell an item, you MUST list your location or your thread will be locked down within 24 hours of notice.
- Any attempt to impersonate a moderator or admin will result in an immediate ban. This includes using the words "admin" or "moderator" in your user name, title, location or signature or gesturing as if you have a position of authority on these forums when in fact you may not.
- Hotlinking of images is not permitted. This increases the bandwidth at the server the image is located on, very often without compensation to the owner. If you must post an image, please use a dedicated service, like Photobucket.
- Finally, enjoy yourself. Lighten up. Nobody's here because they have to be. As soon as things are taken too seriously, the fun gets sucked out of it.
Last edited by Oklahoma Wolf; 11-09-2009 at 10:36 AM.