jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Computer Hardware > General Hardware

General Hardware Troubleshooting and discussion of any computer hardware

Old 10-20-2006
500W User

good thinking, ill try that now, ill replace the cable and try a game, if not thebn ill reformat and install winxp sound good?

EDIT: what about my mouse, whats happening with that? could it also be cable related?

Last edited by riiaku; 10-20-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2006
Moderator of Silly Walks

It's something to try... good luck
Old 10-20-2006
Site Administrator

If the OS is bugging out like you say it could very easily be causing the mouses issues to.
Old 10-20-2006
500W User

omg , my computer went completely nuts, random beeping error sounds, the mouse was being controlled by itself, the menu system for the webbrowser and the setpoint was choosing items all by itself, the menus were flashing instantenously back and forth and i coudlnt select anything it kept reverting back, it went completely nuts, iv never seen this happen, my friend thinks someone put a trojan in the computer and is screwing with me, because when i described the symptoms he said thats someone controlling my mouse and keyboard, programs were starting up by themselves, and the mouse was being controlled, and keyboard too, the menutiems kept popping up, it wouldnt let me type correctly, i would try and type something and it would type backwards, it was weird. so what do you think it is?
Old 10-20-2006

Dude, you have almost the exact same system as I do. The mouse-USB problems were BIOS issues in my case. BIOS 14XX is crap. Switch back to 1305 if you have not done so already. Some of the things I faced were, mouse lag when gaming, horrible wireless performance (frequent dropped packets), occasional cold reboots and XP would NEVER fully shut down.

Other questions:
VCore=?
VMCH=?
VChipset=?
fsb=?
vddr2=?

Last edited by Super Nade; 10-20-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2006
500W User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nade View Post
Dude, you have almost the exact same system as I do. The mouse-USB problems were BIOS issues in my case. BIOS 14XX is crap. Switch back to 1305 if you have not done so already. Some of the things I faced were, mouse lag when gaming, horrible wireless performance (frequent dropped packets), occasional cold reboots and XP would NEVER fully shut down.

Other questions:
VCore=?
VMCH=?
VChipset=?
fsb=?
vddr2=?
but dude the problems with the games were the same when i had the previous bios version, and plus little pictures of a stick figure man are poppping up on my desktop and then disappearing, explain that? all my settings are at auto except the ram is set to ddr800, 5-5-5-15 and the ddr2 voltage is at 2.0.

EDIT: IS it me or does asus really suck now, MSI is awesome and DFI too, but asus really sucks nowadays, i keep hearing foxconn and abit are doing good. AND NO I WAS NOT HIGH WHILE DOING THIS, I DID NOT TAKE ANY HALUCINOGENS, AND IM NOT CRAZY. But my mouse went kind of crazy again and then i saw these stick figures pop up on my desktop, that was really FUKIN WEIRD!!!!!!!

Last edited by riiaku; 10-20-2006 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-20-2006
Just kidding, not banned

That's odd, I'd suggest a low level format and reload. Also running memtest in windblows is a no-no. Use memtest86+ and use the bootable live CD version. When you test memory in windblows the addresses on the physical ram in use in windblows and other apps cannot be tested so if it has errors on those addresses you won't know it.
Old 10-20-2006
500W User

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmat View Post
That's odd, I'd suggest a low level format and reload. Also running memtest in windblows is a no-no. Use memtest86+ and use the bootable live CD version. When you test memory in windblows the addresses on the physical ram in use in windblows and other apps cannot be tested so if it has errors on those addresses you won't know it.
i used memtest86 live cd version. what software would you recommend to do the low level format? and i just reverted my bios back to the old version and im still getting the same problem with my mouse

i want to erase it down to the zeroes. what software?

Last edited by riiaku; 10-20-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2006
Better you then me

Quote:
Originally Posted by riiaku View Post
i used memtest86 live cd version. what software would you recommend to do the low level format? and i just reverted my bios back to the old version and im still getting the same problem with my mouse

i want to erase it down to the zeroes. what software?
W98 Start up disc/FDISK
4x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 16Gb 1600
MSI 670 GTX PE/OC
2x750Gb Seagate Barracuda's RAID 0
Zalman ZM-MFC1
Lite-On Dvd burner
SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro
Silverstone Zeus ST85ZF
Coolermaster HAF-932
"Experience is the benchmark of maturity"
Old 10-20-2006
Just kidding, not banned

The diagnostic software for your particular drives will perform this for you, just go to the site for whatever MFG your drives are and download their drive software.