jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Computer Hardware > PC Power Supply Discussion

PC Power Supply Discussion Troubleshooting and discussion of computer power supplies

Old 10-03-2016
Site Founder

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehume View Post
When the power restarts, it looks ugly. No thanks.
In the BIOS, power state after power failure should be set to "off".

Rest in peace Joerg Theissen, aka "GI Joe"
Old 10-03-2016
200W User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
I didn't review it.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...print&reid=444

Ah, I did a mistake, it was done by OklahomaWolf.
Old 10-03-2016
200W User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgid13579 View Post
True. If his nitpicking like this he might as well get the best.... Seasonic prime Titanium or AX1500i should be good for him

The Seasonic prime titanium 650W is amazing, but too expensive. Do you know another PSU as good as supernova p2 but with all protection features and with a price in the same range?
Old 10-03-2016
200W User

I was thinking in RMx, but my worrie about this model is that it is always exciting the inrush thermistor, so, probably, it could age faster and could not protect very well the PSU after a few years.
Old 10-03-2016
Jun Fu capacitor advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng_Heisenberg View Post
I was thinking in RMx, but my worrie about this model is that it is always exciting the inrush thermistor, so, probably, it could age faster and could not protect very well the PSU after a few years.
Why are you worrying about these differences. All of them are excellent psus, and the lack of a relay isn't much of a problem.. What happens if the relay fails? All your current will go through the thermistor anyways. Theres no reason for you to worry about either the EVGA P2 or Corsair RMx. Seriously. Stop Worrying, or you'll never buy a psu. Look how many people own a P2 or an RMX, and the 99.99% of them have ZERO problems. They both all have like 10 year warranty, that means that Corsair/EVGA is super confident in their products. There's SeaSonic Prime Gold/Platinum coming out later this year, and SS snow silent/Platinum/Gold models you can also choose.

Seriously. Stop worrying. You're being too paranoid. Buy whichever one is cheaper. At this rate you aren't buying a psu

Old 10-03-2016
200W User

Quote:
Why are you worrying about these differences. All of them are excellent psus, and the lack of a relay isn't much of a problem.. What happens if the relay fails? All your current will go through the thermistor anyways. Theres no reason for you to worry about either the EVGA P2 or Corsair RMx. Seriously. Stop Worrying, or you'll never buy a psu. Look how many people own a P2 or an RMX, and the 99.99% of them have ZERO problems. They both all have like 10 year warranty, that means that Corsair/EVGA is super confident in their products. There's SeaSonic Prime Gold/Platinum coming out later this year, and SS snow silent/Platinum/Gold models you can also choose.

Seriously. Stop worrying. You're being too paranoid. Buy whichever one is cheaper. At this rate you aren't buying a psu

Well, if I buy a 750w P2, I think it is very difficult the PSU get overaheated, since, under gaming conditions, my computer would consume around 300W (specs: i7 6700, gtx1070, 32gb ram). So, the computer would consume less than 50% of the PSU capacity, so the PSU would stay cool.

Or, as you said, I could wait for the new models you said will come this year.
Old 10-03-2016
Jun Fu capacitor advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng_Heisenberg View Post
Well, if I buy a 750w P2, I think it is very difficult the PSU get overaheated, since, under gaming conditions, my computer would consume around 300W (specs: i7 6700, gtx1070, 32gb ram). So, the computer would consume less than 50% of the PSU capacity, so the PSU would stay cool.

Or, as you said, I could wait for the new models you said will come this year.
You aren't serious are you?
A Rmx550 would be a better choice.

Or spend all your money on an AX1500i. There's no way you're this paranoid, I think you're trolling us now.
Your pc won't even draw 300w unless you got some high powered leds. You'll draw like 240w under FULL load. How often are you at full load? Almost never unless you stress it out. Most games don't max your cpu and gpu out combined. An Rmx 550 would be the best choice. Sure there's no Relay, but the thermistor will always be cool because you're not even close to maxing out the psu. Not to mention a thermistor is a passive component. It's basically a piece of ceramic with wire inside. It's almost impossible to wear that thing out. I would not worry about "sudden power surges or anything".

You are currently super worried and paranoid about everything. Seriously. There's a 10 year warranty, psu's are damn reliable these days. As jonny said, you're picking hairs over miniscule details that don't matter, not even for your "special" demands and so. Stop worrying and buy a psu for your rig.

I assume that you wouldn't buy x motherboard over y motherboard because the heatsink on x motherboard isn't as big as y motherboard? Or how about Gtx 1070s? Why buy one that "only has a 6 pin" because you may overheat the connector.

We know that you expect the best. But the EVGA G2/P2/Corsair RMx are some of the best price to psu you can get. I highly doubt the Prime Gold will be even close to the price that you can get a G2/P2/RMx for.

Oh and an I5 6600k and a z170 motherboard is usually a better choice if you are buying this setup for gaming, simply because you can overclock it.
Old 10-03-2016
was here for PSUs, now for the jokes

Why don't you get the FSP Hydro G 650? It has OTP, a relay to cool the thermistor, and is very good.
Old 10-03-2016
Silencer & heathen relic of a human ( by OW)

And noisier, if that matters.
Old 10-03-2016
200W User

Quote:
You aren't serious are you?
A Rmx550 would be a better choice.

Or spend all your money on an AX1500i. There's no way you're this paranoid, I think you're trolling us now.
Your pc won't even draw 300w unless you got some high powered leds. You'll draw like 240w under FULL load. How often are you at full load? Almost never unless you stress it out. Most games don't max your cpu and gpu out combined. An Rmx 550 would be the best choice. Sure there's no Relay, but the thermistor will always be cool because you're not even close to maxing out the psu. Not to mention a thermistor is a passive component. It's basically a piece of ceramic with wire inside. It's almost impossible to wear that thing out. I would not worry about "sudden power surges or anything".

You are currently super worried and paranoid about everything. Seriously. There's a 10 year warranty, psu's are damn reliable these days. As jonny said, you're picking hairs over miniscule details that don't matter, not even for your "special" demands and so. Stop worrying and buy a psu for your rig.

I assume that you wouldn't buy x motherboard over y motherboard because the heatsink on x motherboard isn't as big as y motherboard? Or how about Gtx 1070s? Why buy one that "only has a 6 pin" because you may overheat the connector.

We know that you expect the best. But the EVGA G2/P2/Corsair RMx are some of the best price to psu you can get. I highly doubt the Prime Gold will be even close to the price that you can get a G2/P2/RMx for.

Oh and an I5 6600k and a z170 motherboard is usually a better choice if you are buying this setup for gaming, simply because you can overclock it.
Well, I think it is good to explain the reason why I am so paranoid. I own a corsair CX750m, and, after I bought that PSU, I discovered that it is not a good PSU, so I started searching another one, so, I am considering many details after I will do my choice.

And my rig is not only for gaming, actualy it is for working as well, that's why I need an i7 and 32gb ram.

So, you think RM550x is the best option for my rig.

About sudden power surges, I am not worried about this because I have a good line filter that protects electronics agains't that.

Last edited by Eng_Heisenberg; 10-03-2016 at 05:17 PM.