jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Computer Hardware > General Hardware

General Hardware Troubleshooting and discussion of any computer hardware

Old 06-15-2013
micro ATX User

Well it's definitely the card. It won't give me any display at all today no matter how many tries I give her.

I put in an old card I had and power cycled several times for a few minutes and not a problem.

Put the new card back in and no picture at all immediately.
Old 06-15-2013
Naughty

Well, there you go. RMA the card, and hopefully you'll be a bit luckier next time...
Old 06-15-2013
micro ATX User

I give up. Took the old card back and got a new one.

Same exact problem with this one too. I don't think I'll ever build another system again lol.
Old 06-15-2013
micro ATX User

I think it's windows at this point. I un hooked everything from my MoBo and added piece by piece and was able to boot up to the bios screen each time. I added reconnected the HDD and it's telling me that Windows will not start and that it is corrupted. Going to try a freshreinstall.
Old 06-15-2013
micro ATX User

Interesting development. Reinstalled windows and having the same problem. I've noticed that this problem is happening if I turn on the monitor first before the PC. If I turn the machine on first then it boots perfectly.

If I reboot the system the same thing happens since the monitor is on before the machine. Is there a settng somewhere in the bios to change that could solve this?
Old 06-15-2013
micro ATX User

And back to square one. Am getting messages that the BIOS is corrupted and then I'm stuck in a loop of infinite reboots with windows not wanting to load and I can see it flashing BSOD messages before it goes back to bios screen.

Think I'm going to replace the MoBo at this point and rebuild.
Old 06-16-2013
micro ATX User

Went with a new board everything seems ok so far. Thanks guys for bouncing ideas back and forth with me.
Old 10-23-2013
micro ATX User

Holy mother of... Sir SwashBuccaneer such excellent dedication and commitment You have here. To generously update Your progress every step of the way in this thread until everything solved well. Even without immediate answer from any other forum member after 13th post. End mentioning every object You encountered. Excellent.
Old 10-23-2013
1kW User

Just to defend Gigabyte, since my favourite Abit went bust, I switched to Gigabyte products.

My current board from 2008 is Gigabyte, I also originally installed Gigabyte 2 x 4870 X2's in CF, one of which went faulty after some 2.5 years or so, and the other is stored as a spare, for emergencies.
The RMA replacement was a 6870OC card, and bought another to pair it for CF, and both are running fine after being used for about a couple of years.

I also have their M8000X Ghost mouse, but I find it works better without their software installed.

Apart from the one RMA I am quite happy with them.

I also have tried an Asus board, but in comparison with Abit they were not as good in my humble opinion.
Vista-64-(default OS)-Win7-64-Win8-64..Tt Armor+..HX1050..i7 920(stock)+Noctua U12..GA EX58 Extreme..6x1GB Corsair Dominator... 2 x GA 6870OC CF..onboard sound..2 x 300GB WD V-Raptors..1 x Samsung 1TB F3..1 x WD 1TB..1 x 500GB Caviar Green..Samsung T220(22")..Dell 2408WFP(24").