jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > General Electronics > Electronic Component Discussion

Electronic Component Discussion Discussion of anything pertaining to electronics and the components that make them work

Old 06-01-2012
micro ATX User

Default One for the Jedi - Combine rope lights on one switch?

Hi all,

I'm a bit of an electronics noob, with a big idea in mind..... and no idea how to go about it.

The background info; I'm making a lightsaber for my son. I have completed the hilt and there is a sufficient area inside for a rope light switch.
I have this item in mind for the beam =rope light= (ebay item 370568849951) and I have purchased the 4 Jedi colours of green, blue, purple and red.

The idea was to make it so that he can interchange the colours, however I'm wondering if it is possible to wire all of the colours into a single switch box, so that only one lights up at a time, and have a seperate switch to alternate the colours?

This is it so far... yet to cheaply source some polycarbonate tube to house the neon ropes!;

Any help with achieving this would be very much appreciated!
Cheers,
K
Old 07-09-2013
micro ATX User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kao View Post
Hi all,

I'm a bit of an electronics noob, with a big idea in mind..... and no idea how to go about it.

The background info; I'm making a lightsaber for my son. I have completed the hilt and there is a sufficient area inside for a rope light switch.
I have this item in mind for the beam =rope light= (ebay item 370568849951) and I have purchased the 4 Jedi colours of green, blue, purple and red.

The idea was to make it so that he can interchange the colours, however I'm wondering if it is possible to wire all of the colours into a single switch box, so that only one
led lights up at a time, and have a seperate switch to alternate the colours?

This is it so far... yet to cheaply source some polycarbonate tube to house the neon ropes!;

Any help with achieving this would be very much appreciated!
Cheers,
K
it looks nice but not sure what you actually want to accomplish with it..Can you describe it bit more? Waiting for reply thanks in advance

Last edited by ClaytonColeman; 07-10-2013 at 05:57 AM.