mobo : asrock 890gx extreme 4
ram : patriot viper 3 pc-12800 (1600) 2x4GB 9-9-9-27
ssd : samsung 830 256gb
hdd1 : hitachi sata3 1TB 7200rpm
hdd2 : WD sata2 1TB green
gpu : sapphire HD7770 vapor-x oc-edition
psu : amacrox 85+ freestyle 550W
ups : apc bx-1100-ci-as
chase fan : 2x sst ap-121, 2x nzxt phantom410 stock fan 120m, 1x nzxt phantom410 stock fan 140mm
monitor : samsung lcd tv 22 inch

im just doing some upgrade with gpu and ram, but when i play games with high quality graphic, after some times may be 5-6 hour of playing the monitor is black, its like fatal error, sometimes the monitor turn green with vertical line, the voice from games also totally lost but pc still on, and debug led from mobo show no sign of error, what is happening with my rig?
Old 03-16-2013
Flux Capacitor User

Sounds like that PSU of yours may be overheating, or going out of spec when warm, or something else of the sort. I've not heard of it, which is never (usually) a good thing.

Your other components are not bad at all, in fact they're pretty darned decent. The unknown brand PSU is the only thing that stands out as a possible cause.
Intel i7-2600k with an XSPC Raystorm water block, 4x4GB Corsair Dominator, SLi Evga-GTX560Ti-448 FTWs, Asrock Extreme4 Gen3, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, powered by a Silverstone Strider+ 850 PSU in a Silverstone TJ-07BW case.
I'm not buying EK GPU blocks ever again. (One GPU killed)
Old 03-16-2013
micro ATX User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allikat View Post
Sounds like that PSU of yours may be overheating, or going out of spec when warm, or something else of the sort. I've not heard of it, which is never (usually) a good thing.

Your other components are not bad at all, in fact they're pretty darned decent. The unknown brand PSU is the only thing that stands out as a possible cause.
so it is from psu, if im not wrong, amacrox psu is oem from fsp psu it should be prettt good, im planning on changing to kingwin 550w platinum, do you think its better to get platinum or gold instead? what about from corsair?
Old 03-17-2013
Flux Capacitor User

A kingwin gold or platinum 550w would do you perfectly. If the price difference between gold and plat is small, go plat, otherwise go for the Gold.
Corsair is very good, but I doubt you'll get as good a unit from them for the same money as the Kingwin.
I'm not sure about the OEM of your current unit. But if it is FSP as you believe it is, you could save yourself some money and make all (or nearly all) your fans intakes to improve airflow. Don't worry about getting hot air out too much, worry more about getting cooler air in.
Intel i7-2600k with an XSPC Raystorm water block, 4x4GB Corsair Dominator, SLi Evga-GTX560Ti-448 FTWs, Asrock Extreme4 Gen3, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, powered by a Silverstone Strider+ 850 PSU in a Silverstone TJ-07BW case.
Old 03-18-2013
micro ATX User

Quote:
A kingwin gold or platinum 550w would do you perfectly. If the price difference between gold and plat is small, go plat, otherwise go for the Gold.
Corsair is very good, but I doubt you'll get as good a unit from them for the same money as the Kingwin.
I'm not sure about the OEM of your current unit. But if it is FSP as you believe it is, you could save yourself some money and make all (or nearly all) your fans intakes to improve airflow. Don't worry about getting hot air out too much, worry more about getting cooler air in.
in my country, the psu is super flower i see some review that its look alike and inside is pretty same like kingwin, but only diff sticker, the price gap between 550w golden to 550w platinum around 30USD, should i go for plat? i've seen review that super flower 550w platinum still can pull for gtx 670 sli so it will be worth if i want some upgrade to my pc in next few years.

yes from amacrox site, they stated all of they psu is oem from FSP, so you mean if its real from fsp than i shouldnt have to get new psu?

for my setting i use 4 my fan as intake and 1 exhaust, 2 front fan from sst-ap121 with fan filter, upper intake from 1x120mm nzxt fan and 1x140mm nzxt led fan both also include fan filter, and outake only from rear 1x120mm nzxt fan. in my case there is fan speed controller, i always set the fan to highest mode is it enough? also i use hyper 212 for HSF.
Old 03-18-2013
micro ATX User

i just got something in minds, i think im gonna try to upgrade to 650w,
from the review i see that seasonic xp 660w platinum is much way better than superflower golden king 650w, from build quality, warranty seasonic is longer by 2 year, and the price difference with these two only 5usd more for seasonic, i think its pretty good buy, what do you guys think?
Old 03-18-2013
Flux Capacitor User

Well, it seems your airflow setup is good, your parts choice is good, and with a UPS to isolate you from external problems, I think the PSU is the only other possible culprit. You will also want to tidy your cables (if you haven't already) to keep them away from your motherboard as much as possible. Those AMD chipsets can get quite warm.
Old 03-18-2013
micro ATX User

Quote:
Well, it seems your airflow setup is good, your parts choice is good, and with a UPS to isolate you from external problems, I think the PSU is the only other possible culprit. You will also want to tidy your cables (if you haven't already) to keep them away from your motherboard as much as possible. Those AMD chipsets can get quite warm.
Thanks for the tips, i also guess think the main problem may come from ups, just now the computer is blank out again, but all the cpu is still on, i try some tips from some reading to press windos and r too restart the system but it wont work, than i hard restart from the pc, and after 5 minutes it happens again, im really2 confuse, then i try to test it in furmark for 5 minutes but nothing happen, the card seems nice, it got ave 15fps for 1360x769 4xmsaa setting, if power supply is the main problem, supposesably when i stress test the gpu it will fail like when im in the game right?
Old 03-18-2013
Flux Capacitor User

Try without the UPS.
Also - remount your heatsink, just in case it's that.
Well, if it reliably repeats so soon after it hung, then it's almost certainly a heat related problem. Computers cool down very slowly when shut off.
The 7770 will not be under stress with furmark or anything similar, they've modified the drivers to prevent it doing so.
Add in the fact that furmark doesn't work the CPU at all and it's not a real stability test any more.

You certainly have a heat related issue, but it will be impossible to diagnose further from here. The heat issue is in one of three places - CPU, motherboard chipset, or PSU.

If the PSU is definitely, 100% FSP, then I'm starting to doubt that's the issue. An FSP PSU would just shut off if overheated, not crash the computer as you describe.

Can you provide pics of the inside of your case? And some close up shots of the PSU?
Old 03-19-2013
micro ATX User

Quote:
Try without the UPS.
Also - remount your heatsink, just in case it's that.
Well, if it reliably repeats so soon after it hung, then it's almost certainly a heat related problem. Computers cool down very slowly when shut off.
The 7770 will not be under stress with furmark or anything similar, they've modified the drivers to prevent it doing so.
Add in the fact that furmark doesn't work the CPU at all and it's not a real stability test any more.

You certainly have a heat related issue, but it will be impossible to diagnose further from here. The heat issue is in one of three places - CPU, motherboard chipset, or PSU.

If the PSU is definitely, 100% FSP, then I'm starting to doubt that's the issue. An FSP PSU would just shut off if overheated, not crash the computer as you describe.

Can you provide pics of the inside of your case? And some close up shots of the PSU?
i already taken it with the pc on ill upload it soon

before that i want to share the problem from the first time.
i just moved my pc around 2-3 weeks ago, before that my pc is place in the living room and connected to my LG lcd 32inch 1920x1080 reso, via dvi-hdmi cable, dvi to dvi port on mother board, hdmi to hdmi port on tv.its already been there around 1,5 year with stabilizer voltage and surge portector belkin to protect the electricity.
spec of my pc is all the same, except ram is still corsair value 2x2GB 1333mhz
no video card, using only onboard gpu HD4290 and no ups yet, another peripheral that connect to this pc is webcam, printer, and wifi router. never i experience any trouble like pc fatal error, or black out screen before i move my pc.

than after i bought a table to my new room i replace the pc to this room and connect my pc to my lcd tv samsung LA22C450E1XXD, the problem starts
firstly there is issue with lcd tv colour, i will upload the picture later, the problem still occure sometimes.
when i put with same connection same cable, in my tv when i log in there is some look like ink leaks, when the lcd show white colour there is some yellow colour distortion in the and in black colour in the lcd will have some kind of dark blue spots and its many, and there is very thin 1 vertical green line in the middle of the tv.
first i think it must be the tv or my dvi port on motherboard is damage, so i plan to buy all that stuff, the gpu, and the ups,
when i install, with hdmi-hdmi cable 1 to vga and 1 to monitor, the problem still occur, its flicking its colour distort, im really confuse why is the problem still occur when i already bought a new vga card, but when i use the previous cable dvi-hdmi, the monitor is ok, no leak, but sometimes in blinking, black and on black and on, and sometimes when turn black you can see the dark blue spots again, i use catalyst 13.1 the latest update from amd,
i suspect the driver isnt go well.
so i decide to install the driver from the cd given, its catalyst 12.8, after installing it is better, the problem still occur but not frequently, only few times, than after reading some articles, i found out that till now the most stabilized driver is 12.10 so i download and install it.
after using 12.10 the problem is gone, at least from some time,
i start playing games and it is pretty good, and after few hours than, the monitor either blackout, or turn do all dark green vertical stripe, if only graphic failure i believe that the sound of the games still on, but the sound is also out, but pc still on, debug led is normal,
second time before it happens windows anounce me that it is low on virtual memory something like that, and boom, it happened again. i have to hard restart.after another reading from some review, i set up from my ssd pagefile my virtual memory on setting 300-300mb, in second harddisk first partition i set up with system manage, in third hdd i setup also system manage, than i replace my old ddr3 value ram with patriot viper 3 ddr3 1600mhz 2x4GB,
windows never announce of low virtual memory again, but yet the problem still happen, and the problem is the last i post, it black out, i restart, i play again 5-8 minutes later it black out again, and yes with the sound also out.

also if anyone can help, there is some problem with the casing, nzxt phantom 410 upper usb have 4 ports, sometimes when i plug device such as flash disk or portable hd, the screen freeze or black out, i can do nothing also so have to hard restart the pc, anyone have any problem like this?
sorry if i told very long story and to many asking