jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Computer Hardware > PC Power Supply Discussion

PC Power Supply Discussion Troubleshooting and discussion of computer power supplies

Old 08-10-2018
1kW User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_lokol View Post
I would start by saying "I am sorry guys" for forcing you to read my concerns weather are worth your time or no. It was never my intention, just that I am really new with posting on forums. I never do that but I found out that this web has very high skilled and knowledgeable people. I will address my future threads more appropriately.
Please, it doesn't take too long to explain what your problem is
Old 08-10-2018
Tinfoil Hat User

Give the guy a break, it's not the end of the world.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orion For This Useful Post:
ehume (08-10-2018), turkey3_scratch (08-10-2018)
Old 08-11-2018
Naughty

Well, on the one hand, I can understand how "need help" is a bit of a redundant topic/title, as most of the time posts (especially by new members) are help requests anyway.

On the other hand, it might feel a bit harsh to get bashed for it, as it's really not any kind of offense - neither in terms of forum rules nor in general.

EL_lokol, please don't take the criticism personally, we're not trying to scold you or anything. It's a constructive suggestion for any future topics you might wish to initiate, here and elsewhere. It's not that we're too lazy to read through the post, it's that it will be easier to find this topic again in the future if need be, and also to set the tone and context for what will follow. And it's simply good forum manners

Welcome to the jG.com forums, EL_lokol! Do pardon our grumpy-old-farts initial "warmth" and abrasiveness, comes with the territory...

As for the topic at hand, as the guys have already said: 850W is a lot more power than most people think and will easily suffice unless you will heavily overclock both your GPUs and the CPU. The factory 5-15% OC on the GPUs is nothing, I mean competition-grade 40+% OC requiring extreme cooling solutions.
ehume (08-11-2018)