jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Water Cooler > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything goes... within reason

Old 07-18-2007
Do Not Look Into LASER w/Remaining Eye!

OOH, do tell!

You know, what with most things being made in China, I have seen some shows about what it is like for Chinese workers. Sometimes they are forced like slaves to work as much as 24 hours in a day, or be sent home with no pay. Sometimes they don't even get paid.

I doubt Ultra would choose companies that do such practices, but sometimes the pressure to make an order deadline and get the job done or lose a contract can mean a worker occasionally mess up. Nobody is perfect. I have had jobs where I put in as much as 24 hour days. In fact, one job I was "forced" to work for 6 days straight with ZERO sleep, straight work for 6 days. I nodded off while doing some dangerous work (conditions were hideous) and they got so mad at me it isn't funny. When people are tired they sometimes don't work optimally, so maybe the girl or guy doing the work was having a very bad day.

Don't be so harsh, this isn't like some companies who knowlingly do certain things, such as Creative Labs refusing to communicate with their consumers about how they will support products in Vista. That is unforgiveable, but I complained too much about it and them refusing to honor a warranty on a product and **I** got banned, and frankly, no matter how wrong Creative was, I defintely earned being banned, and I consider it a lesson learned. Flies go for honey, not vinegar, so well.

Take a breath, a chill pill, ease up a little, and consider what the guys are saying, kvar. Yes, you have a reason to be unhappy, but you know just like I do that how you handle yourself when you are unhappy dictates what you get in return. I don't mean to lecture, just suggesting you consider what the guys are saying.

Just about every brand and model supply out there has had failures and rejects, no matter how careful a company is, and they can't test every unit during manufacture, if they did prices would skyrocket like mad.

I am very sorry for your bad experience and I hope the very best for you!
System #1: DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR; Athy 64 s939 4800 Toledo (MKII) @ 3.01GHz w/Thermalright XP-120 Lapped & Panaflo w/Coollabs Liquid Metal compound; 2 x 1GB Team Xtreem Cronus Micron 5B-f DDR-500; EVGA 7950GT; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum; 6prt Adaptec USB card; SevenTeam ST750Z-AF Modular supply; ASUS DRW 1608DW burner NEC 3520a burner; Seagate 7200.10 750GB SATAII HD; Seagate 7200.10 ES 500 GB SATAII HD; Excelstor 80GB SATAI HD; Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 UWK; it's modest, but paid for
Old 07-18-2007
1kW User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nade View Post
Dude, it looks like a tampered unit. Who the hell would take a sharpie and color the transformers Blue?
It was bought form Outpost.com and the box's factory seal sticker was intact as well as the unit's factory seal.
Old 07-18-2007
Flux Capacitor User

Also, it is hard to cherry pick PSU's. They can't change the platform can they?
Old 07-18-2007
Site Founder

Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,086 Posts

I suppose they could take a 600W unit and put it in a 400W unit's box.

Rest in peace Joerg Theissen, aka "GI Joe"
Old 07-18-2007
Flux Capacitor User

Hmm...I think bestbuy's Rocketfish have heard you say that before Jon. Only that they took a 150W unit and put it in a 650W's box.
Old 07-19-2007
1kW User

http://www.ultraproducts.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2661

This is the type of attitude he has to many legitimate complaints. Even though that sub-group within that forum is designated for any comments about their products/staff etc.

I didn't post "your stuff sucks, because it looks crappy". I posted all the pictures, then I stated why I think their QC is unacceptable. To me, that's a legitimate comment.
Old 07-19-2007
1kW User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvar View Post
Where did you get the review sample from? If it was directly from the manufacturer they have some control in what they provide.

I say their QC is horrible, because it is their job to screen each batch. Seeing they're letting through something like this get out is not a good indication.

They actually have their own forums and there is a comment section. I posted what I honestly feel and got banned. There is a manufacturer rep who posts under ULTRA_jon and you can see he's quite a jerk.
That is clearly a different lot and a different revision. Mine doesn't have the daughter board on the heatsink.
Old 07-19-2007
Site Administrator

Quote:
http://www.ultraproducts.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2661

This is the type of attitude he has to many legitimate complaints. Even though that sub-group within that forum is designated for any comments about their products/staff etc.

I didn't post "your stuff sucks, because it looks crappy". I posted all the pictures, then I stated why I think their QC is unacceptable. To me, that's a legitimate comment.
Care to comment on what else you posted? I frequent the forums to give ULTRA jon a hand when I can. I see nothing wrong with his reply on that individual thread. If I had the power to remove your first post I would have before Jon had the chance to see it. Your second post would have gotten you a ban.

Jon isn't part of Tech Support, Jon isn't part of the RMA process. Jon is a good guy simply trying to help those that are capable of being respectful, which is obviously where your problem is.
Old 07-19-2007
Site Founder

Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,086 Posts

Quote:
That is clearly a different lot and a different revision. Mine doesn't have the daughter board on the heatsink.
Looks like it might be a different model. Where yours is a 400W, that one might be a 500W. The sendary PCB is either an OCP or the fan controller where the 400W would have more room on the main PCB for the fan controller (and with only 20A on the +12V, certainly doesn't need an OCP. )

Rest in peace Joerg Theissen, aka "GI Joe"
Old 07-19-2007
1kW User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-Tazz View Post
Care to comment on what else you posted? I frequent the forums to give ULTRA jon a hand when I can. I see nothing wrong with his reply on that individual thread. If I had the power to remove your first post I would have before Jon had the chance to see it. Your second post would have gotten you a ban.

Jon isn't part of Tech Support, Jon isn't part of the RMA process. Jon is a good guy simply trying to help those that are capable of being respectful, which is obviously where your problem is.
What I posted was my legitimate opinion in a forum titled "for any comment". The removal was censorship.