jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Water Cooler > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything goes... within reason

Old 03-14-2007
Me fail English? That's unpossible!

Thanked 1,212 Times in 343 Posts

I learned to be heart rate conscious out of necessity - I couldn't afford to keep the old Lincoln on the road year round in Saskatoon (that thing got 14 mpg on the highway), so I biked literally everywhere when it was warm enough to do so. Or walked.

Often made a 15-20km one way trip outside the city to see a friend. Had a Raleigh racing bike back then... could do the trip in an hour if I was in optimal shape, not stopping for anything but traffic lights. Often had that bike in a fairly fast gear too. I remember racing a mouse on the way back from my friend's house one day at 1AM - he was just running flat out along the curb while I biked past him

I do have some Spandex for long trips, but for the most part have never had a problem with other clothing. The problem is, Spandex is no obstacle for skeeters (which they don't spray for around here), and my money being what it is I can't afford to ruin the Spandex with DEET

Usually when I do use the Spandex I'll wear sweat pants overtop and let them soak up the bug spray. Unless it's 200 degrees outside or something.