jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Computer Hardware > PC Power Supply Discussion

PC Power Supply Discussion Troubleshooting and discussion of computer power supplies

Old 01-11-2018
micro ATX User

Default PSU Recommandation for Pro Audio DAW PC

Hello Community,
I am planing to build a Pro Audio PC for a recording studio within the next month. The system will be based on a Gigabyte X299 mainboard with Intel i7-7820X, 64GB DDR4 RAM and a Radeon R230 passiv cooled GPU.
Cooling will be done by a watercooling system from Enermax Liqmax II 240 and there will be two M2 SSDs and 2 3.5" SATA Drives.
There won't be a high performance 3D GPU inside the system for now, but I would love to have the possibility to upgrade later.
Special needs for the system would be "Low Noise" (Top priority) and as the DAW stands in an insulated Recording Studio, to operate within 30C Room Temperature, which will effect the case cooling. Also spikes and interfering noise should be at a minimum.
There is a german manufacturer of professional DAW who uses seasonic PSU, so my first idea was to obtain a 1000W Titanium Prime from Seasonic.
But now I have read the Review about the Corsair RM750X, which has even better ripple Control. As I understand, more wattage means less work for the PSU, resulting in less fan-noise. So even if my system won't need that amount of power, a bigger PSU would be cooler, am I right?
In my old system I was using BeQuiet PSU, but three of them failed within a year, so I won't give them another chance.
Has anyone any recommandations or perhaps some experience in building a Digital Audio Workstation and would suggest a specific PSU or probably tend to one mentioned above?
Any Help would be highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,

David
Old 01-11-2018
Antec Rep

A decent 750W PSU is finefor you, choose on price and availability + prefs
Old 01-11-2018
lurkin

The Seasonic SSR-750TR Ultra, Corsair RM650x and EVGA 850 P2 are all very quiet PSU's.

Also there is the Seasonic SSR-600TL which is fanless.

Tags
audio, daw, silent pc, stability