jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  


Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Site and Forum Topics > Site Suggestions & Forum Issues

Site Suggestions & Forum Issues Feel free to offer up constructive criticism of the site here. Any suggestions for the forums (like adding more forums) or issues with the forums can be discussed here too

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-07-2006
jonnyGURU's Avatar
jonnyGURU jonnyGURU is offline
Site Founder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: jonnyGURU forums, of course!
Posts: 15,280
Thanks: 489
Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,233 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dBTelos View Post
Anyway you can change the theme? I don't like it, but thats just my opinion.
It's the default theme. I haven't had time to change it. It should get changed up during the week (hopefully.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Fruits|R4z View Post
No signature images :'(

Purely a bandwith decision?

thx
r4z
Not really. More of a "most of the forum functionality is still at default settings" decision.

Take it easy on me. These forums have only been up 24 hours and I work, have a family and do PSU reviews!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-07-2006
Evil-Fruits|R4z's Avatar
Evil-Fruits|R4z Evil-Fruits|R4z is offline
micro ATX User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.K.
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
Take it easy on me. These forums have only been up 24 hours and I work, have a family and do PSU reviews!
LOL

Sry, I just want everything like it is yesterday

r4z
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-07-2006
dBTelos's Avatar
dBTelos dBTelos is offline
PSU Advocate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Moderator
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Our first 2 page thread!!!! as if it means anything.....
__________________
-dB
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-07-2006
tommrussell's Avatar
tommrussell tommrussell is offline
micro ATX User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: orygun
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dBTelos View Post
Our first 2 page thread!!!! as if it means anything.....
and hopefully with many many more to come
__________________
EVGA 680
e 6600
CORSAIR 6400c4
2xEVGA 7800 GT
CORSAIR HX 620
2x RAPTORS
water cooled
u2-ufo
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-07-2006
dBTelos's Avatar
dBTelos dBTelos is offline
PSU Advocate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Moderator
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommrussell View Post
and hopefully with many many more to come
Tom, did you come from HardForums or Anandtech forums by any chance? It seems that most people did.
__________________
-dB
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-07-2006
tommrussell's Avatar
tommrussell tommrussell is offline
micro ATX User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: orygun
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dBTelos View Post
Tom, did you come from HardForums or Anandtech forums by any chance? It seems that most people did.
yes ...... yes i did, been reading jg's stuff for the past year or so , glad to see he started a forum so we can learn
(man do i need to learn) don't know how much i can contribute to this forum but will give it he?? of a try
__________________
EVGA 680
e 6600
CORSAIR 6400c4
2xEVGA 7800 GT
CORSAIR HX 620
2x RAPTORS
water cooled
u2-ufo
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-08-2006
dBTelos's Avatar
dBTelos dBTelos is offline
PSU Advocate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Moderator
Posts: 231
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommrussell View Post
yes ...... yes i did, been reading jg's stuff for the past year or so , glad to see he started a forum so we can learn
(man do i need to learn) don't know how much i can contribute to this forum but will give it he?? of a try
Oh, welcome to the forums
__________________
-dB
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-24-2006
Slartibartfast's Avatar
Slartibartfast Slartibartfast is offline
1kW User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Honestly, I hate the size of the avatar pics. It makes threads a lot harder to read, because your eyes have to travel through the avatar, the name of the poster and the poster's title just to get to the content. It would be much easier if they were smaller, or alternatively, on the left side of the post. That way you could focur your eyes more to the right of the browser window to read through the posts smoothly.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-24-2006
jonnyGURU's Avatar
jonnyGURU jonnyGURU is offline
Site Founder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: jonnyGURU forums, of course!
Posts: 15,280
Thanks: 489
Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,233 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
Honestly, I hate the size of the avatar pics. It makes threads a lot harder to read, because your eyes have to travel through the avatar, the name of the poster and the poster's title just to get to the content. It would be much easier if they were smaller, or alternatively, on the left side of the post. That way you could focur your eyes more to the right of the browser window to read through the posts smoothly.
I don't know if I can change where the avatar shows up, but if they bother you it's very easy to fix.

Just go to the User CP, go to Edit Options, and uncheck the "Show Avatars" box. You can also turn off signatures and other things.
__________________
Rest in peace Mike Clements, aka "Yellowbeard"

Rest in peace Joerg Theissen, aka "GI Joe"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-24-2006
Slartibartfast's Avatar
Slartibartfast Slartibartfast is offline
1kW User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
I don't know if I can change where the avatar shows up, but if they bother you it's very easy to fix.

Just go to the User CP, go to Edit Options, and uncheck the "Show Avatars" box. You can also turn off signatures and other things.

awesome
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's up with Anandtech forums? jonnyGURU Off Topic 6 07-02-2007 06:25 AM
Hot Deals forums? SuperSix Site Suggestions & Forum Issues 8 10-26-2006 10:50 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © JonnyGURU.com 2000 -