jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Water Cooler > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything goes... within reason

Old 1 Week Ago
20W User

Writing is VERY difficult

Andy Weir did an amazing job with 'The Martian' even if its main premise is deeply flawed.
Old 1 Week Ago
200W User

thanks o.w. for your reviews. and happy birthday
The Following User Says Thank You to adamsleath For This Useful Post:
Oklahoma Wolf (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago
Pinball Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Wolf View Post
Hello, folks. After much thought, I have decided that after 400 plus reviews over the last 11 years or so, 2018 will be my last year for reviewing power supplies. I am setting my official end date for my 45th birthday on November 28.

It's been a wild ride, for sure. When I got into this stuff in 2007, I was still on welfare and only worked part time as a church secretary. I was looking for a way to use my electronics background to help people avoid ending up with units like the cheap Deer power supply that killed a lot of my hardware back around the turn of the century. I had been helping people out on message boards with advice as best I could.

One day, I saw this review from a guy named jonnyGURU of an FSP unit I happened to own, and had some suggestions for how he might continue to review these little watt boxes. Somehow, this led to me being invited to review PSUs full time for his new site... this one.

Many years have passed indeed since then. In that time, a lot has changed in this game. No longer are we the only ones out there producing good reviews. No longer do we have to be quite so worried about whether or not Brand X is going to nuke our hard drives, blow up the planet, or cause the galaxy to be swallowed by a black hole.

And so, I've decided it's time to step away. I once had aspirations of being a novel writer, and tech writing has prevented me from doing so. The two are mutually exclusive for me.

I want to thank Jon and Tony for giving me the opportunity to do this for so long, and my fellow reviewers everywhere for keeping me on top of my game. And of course, my readers for tolerating my weird sense of humor and near complete lack of sanity for all this time... you poor, poor people.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of reviews to get done before November.
It's been a hell of a ride over the years, may the fun only continue after this ride is over and the next starts.

On a personal note......you're also not making me feel any younger. I think this leaves me and Lee as being the only two who predate you. I am going to find my walker...it needs new tennis balls.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre For This Useful Post:
Oklahoma Wolf (1 Week Ago)
Old 4 Days Ago
90 Degrees from Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Wolf View Post
Well, that's my time, folks. Thanks for the well wishes.

Now then... who has cake?
As always Wolf , it has been a pleasure to have watched you over the years.

If you ever make it to Ontario, i'll give you my co-ordinates and personally bake you that cake (I must have owned a bakery in a former life because I am damn good at it).

Will all my respect,

-Storm

- Caught in the Maelstorm / A grasp unknown / tap you heels 3 times / You'll want to be home - *S.T 2009*
The Following User Says Thank You to Stormchaser For This Useful Post:
Oklahoma Wolf (4 Days Ago)