jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Computer Hardware > General Hardware

General Hardware Troubleshooting and discussion of any computer hardware

Old 03-31-2013
500W User

I would definitely recommend an SSD if at all possible. Boot times are halved, the OS is snappy, programs load in a fraction of the time. And if she plays any single player games then she will appreciate the inter-level loads taking only half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allikat View Post
Alternatively some of the hybrid ssd/hdd drives offer the same benefits without the need for software.
That's not a hybrid. The Seagate "XT"'s are the hybrids, and those are being replaced by the "SSHD" brand at some point. Kind of odd since they were announced awhile ago now, but I don't see any yet.
Old 03-31-2013
Flux Capacitor User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kougar View Post
I would definitely recommend an SSD if at all possible. Boot times are halved, the OS is snappy, programs load in a fraction of the time. And if she plays any single player games then she will appreciate the inter-level loads taking only half the time.

That's not a hybrid. The Seagate "XT"'s are the hybrids, and those are being replaced by the "SSHD" brand at some point. Kind of odd since they were announced awhile ago now, but I don't see any yet.
You're right, on both counts. Apologies, I didn't check the drive quite as rigorously as I should have.
Intel i7-2600k with an XSPC Raystorm water block, 4x4GB Corsair Dominator, SLi Evga-GTX560Ti-448 FTWs, Asrock Extreme4 Gen3, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, powered by a Silverstone Strider+ 850 PSU in a Silverstone TJ-07BW case.
I'm not buying EK GPU blocks ever again. (One GPU killed)