jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > Computer Hardware > General Hardware

General Hardware Troubleshooting and discussion of any computer hardware

Old 06-27-2012
Flux Capacitor User

You seem to have a bad case of the "MOAR"s. That is, you feel compelled to have MOAR of everything, rather than getting the things that are correct for your needs.

You don't need MOAR cores and MOAR PCIe and MOAR graphics and MOAR RAM and MOAR keyboard and MOAR accessories and MOAR sound.

You need a CPU that will perform better in your usage scenario, the motherboard and RAM that are right for your needs, graphics cards that make sense for the games you play and resolution you play on, a keyboard that fits you ergonomically, and a sound card / headphones that aren't made of bullshit like 7.1.

Get the MOARs out of your system, calm down, and do the actual research to see what actually fits your needs, instead of listening to random forum posters who may or may not be competent and realistic when it comes to technology.
Old 06-27-2012
micro ATX User

updated the list. switched to sabertooth z77 motherboard, canít choose between the two headsets so if any audiophiles could voice their opinions that would be great and i am still planning on downgrading to a 120gb ssd instead but donít know if i should go with the lower iOPS. I chose the creative card over asus ones as most gamers have mentioned better clarity for gaming and movies, for music asus ones are better certainly but iím not that big on music. which GPU 670/80 do you guys recommend since i wonít be hardcore OCing
Old 06-27-2012
micro ATX User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
You seem to have a bad case of the "MOAR"s. That is, you feel compelled to have MOAR of everything, rather than getting the things that are correct for your needs.

You don't need MOAR cores and MOAR PCIe and MOAR graphics and MOAR RAM and MOAR keyboard and MOAR accessories and MOAR sound.

You need a CPU that will perform better in your usage scenario, the motherboard and RAM that are right for your needs, graphics cards that make sense for the games you play and resolution you play on, a keyboard that fits you ergonomically, and a sound card / headphones that aren't made of bullshit like 7.1.

Get the MOARs out of your system, calm down, and do the actual research to see what actually fits your needs, instead of listening to random forum posters who may or may not be competent and realistic when it comes to technology.
i've been doing this a bit more lately less time invested in the forums lol, but thank you for simple yet great advice
Old 06-27-2012
Flux Capacitor User

For the record, don't get Creative sound cards. They aren't any clearer than Asus, most of their "features" and effects make things sound *worse* and their drivers are buggy. My XtremeGamer card has a delay that varies randomly between 0.05 and 0.5 seconds and I have to reset the driver several times every time I reboot my computer until the delay settles on an acceptable value.
Old 06-27-2012
Flux Capacitor User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
For the record, don't get Creative sound cards. They aren't any clearer than Asus, most of their "features" and effects make things sound *worse* and their drivers are buggy. My XtremeGamer card has a delay that varies randomly between 0.05 and 0.5 seconds and I have to reset the driver several times every time I reboot my computer until the delay settles on an acceptable value.
Then again, the Asus Xonar range has troubles unless you get the top end ST/STX, which aren't 7.1 cards.
Intel i7-2600k with an XSPC Raystorm water block, 4x4GB Corsair Dominator, SLi Evga-GTX560Ti-448 FTWs, Asrock Extreme4 Gen3, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, powered by a Silverstone Strider+ 850 PSU in a Silverstone TJ-07BW case.
I'm not buying EK GPU blocks ever again. (One GPU killed)
Old 06-28-2012
Flux Capacitor User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allikat View Post
Then again, the Asus Xonar range has troubles unless you get the top end ST/STX, which aren't 7.1 cards.
Yeah but at least their low end "gaming" card doesn't cost a hundred god damn dollars.
Old 06-28-2012
Site Administrator

I've been running an Asus Xonar DX since Aug of 2010 and haven't had the first issue with it.
Old 06-28-2012
Flux Capacitor User

Exactly, and if you're serious about it you can always change the OPAMPs yourself... go with a DX.
Old 06-30-2012
1kW User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGAPowa View Post
I chose the creative card over asus ones as most gamers have mentioned better clarity for gaming and movies
Unfortunately, most people (even some audio reviewers) don't have a clue when it comes to sound cards.

All Creative cards except for the Titanium HD use cheap, Chinese Jamicon capacitors, which is why so many Creative cards fail. They negatively impact the performance and reliability of the card. Much that I'd never buy myself an another Creative card until their build quality is on par with Asus/Auzentech/HT Omega's.

Get an Auzen Forte. It's a great card with an X-Fi chip so you'd still get Creative's good positional surround.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBGAPowa View Post
which GPU 670/80 do you guys recommend
I'd go with the 670 as it's a more refined card, a better deal and most importantly, once you put it in SLi they strangely perform like 680's. 670's scale better in SLi than 680's do.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/N...670_SLI/5.html
Old 06-30-2012
Flux Capacitor User

The creative cards are only better in one or two games which are coded specifically to take advantage of creative's codecs. In everything else, they're just as good within a reasonable margin of error.
Intel i7-2600k with an XSPC Raystorm water block, 4x4GB Corsair Dominator, SLi Evga-GTX560Ti-448 FTWs, Asrock Extreme4 Gen3, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, powered by a Silverstone Strider+ 850 PSU in a Silverstone TJ-07BW case.
I'm not buying EK GPU blocks ever again. (One GPU killed)