jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > General Electronics > Electronic Component Discussion

Electronic Component Discussion Discussion of anything pertaining to electronics and the components that make them work

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2011
micro ATX User

Default Small 12VDC power supply needed, touch slide dimmer

Hello,

I am an industrial designer looking to ad a series of slim LED lamps to my portfolio. I am looking for two components that I haven't been able to find on my own.

I need an extremely small 12vdc power supply to fit inside my lamp frame. I only need 4-5W to power the LED's. I could use a wall plug power supply with a low voltage connector somewhere on my lamp but I really want the power supply to be an integral part of the frame with only a 120V cord exiting the frame to the outlet. Does anyone have a suggestion for where to look for this part?

The second piece I am looking for is a touch slide dimming switch for the LED's. If anyone has seen the Koncept lights, the switch they used is what inspired my idea. I don't know the technical language for what I'm looking for but it's a touch sensitive strip that increases power output to the LED's.

If anyone has suggestions for a supplier or manufacturer that I could source these parts I would greatly appreciate it. I also apologize if I broke protocol with this post or posted in the wrong category.