jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > General Electronics > Electronic Component Discussion

Electronic Component Discussion Discussion of anything pertaining to electronics and the components that make them work

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2017
500W User

Default Can you answer the questions and write comments about my surge protector ?

Hello.
I have a cheap surge protector. Can you write a comment about it whether it is nice one or CRAPPY one ?
Can the LED of it, show the MOV status whether it is working or malfunctioned ?

I have another one in my living room. (The same one.) The LED doesn't glow. So, did the MOV actually malfunction ?

The manual says: "You must use surge protector with a wall socket which has ground wire." My wall socket doesn't have ground wire. But the MOV also doesn't have a contact with grounding. Does it matter having grounding or not in this situation ?

Yesterday, I had a problem with electricity. HDD rpm a bit lowered and after that, it returned the actual 7200 RPM. Also my PC restarted itself. When I looked to the street, I saw the all street lights are turned off. (Probably voltage fluctuation or something.) But PC works now without a problem. So, did my surge protector covered the PC or not ? (PSU: Seasonic S12ii 620W)

Here are the images about my surge protector:

Last edited by Overclocked; 12-04-2017 at 02:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Overclocked For This Useful Post:
katebbb (12-11-2017)

Tags
protection, ripple, surge protector, voltage