jonnyGURU Forums
Home Site Search Reviews Articles Contest Links PSU FAQs  

Go Back   jonnyGURU Forums > General Electronics > Electronic Component Discussion

Electronic Component Discussion Discussion of anything pertaining to electronics and the components that make them work

Old 10-24-2017
micro ATX User
Default Analog front end electronics

Hi, I am currently working on a project that involves designing some front end electronics that shape the charge pulse from a solid state detector (effectively a current source - I1 on the diagram). Our source produces a pulse that is about 10us long. The design is essentially a charge sensitive preamplifier, followed by pole zero, followed by two Sallen-Key filters in a low pass configuration that act as shaping. I have a circuit schematic that works, however I should like the outcoming voltage pulse over the load (R13) to be longer. Currently, the pulse is semi-gaussian and lasts for about 200-300us. If I could double or triple this time it would work better with the readout electronics. I would also be interested to know if what i have done is correct, as I don't have a background in electronics so there may be bare faced errors in the design.

On final question on this topic is this - what is the best way to increase the height of the voltage pulse, while keeping the noise to a minimum? I can do this by changing R9 or R10, however I am wondering if there is a better way to do this.