Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HCP 1000 Platinum(internal images)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The plexiglass is just for show to prevent people putting their fingers into the demo-units
    The 16-pin are patented dual 8-pin possible with upgrade option. We got overkill of socket and cable numbers.
    Tech is similar (but not fully to Seasonic :-) ) Full bridge phase shift

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to see <0.5% 12v regulation, <1% minor rail regulation, and <10mV ripple on all rails
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" - Unknown (but sometimes attributed to Sigmund Freud)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

@GI_Joe: Is the 16pin connector backward compatible with 10pin and 5pin modular cables? What's the pin count for MB modular cables?
    It's been a hard day's night and I've been working like a dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GI_Joe View Post
    The plexiglass is just for show to prevent people putting their fingers into the demo-units
    The 16-pin are patented dual 8-pin possible with upgrade option. We got overkill of socket and cable numbers.
    Tech is similar (but not fully to Seasonic :-) ) Full bridge phase shift
    Will the old 5-pin and 10-pin physical cables from my HCP-850 be compatible with the HCP-1000?

Wow Travis, you read my mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote from Antec's flyer:

SPECIFICATIONS:
    • 1000W Continuous Power - Guaranteed 1000W of Continuous Power from Antec
    • 80 PLUS® PLATINUM certified - Up to 94% efficient, to reduce your electricity bill
    • Save Energy and Money - Reduce your electricity bill by up to 25%
    • AQ7 - Antec Quality 7 year warranty and lifetime global 24/7 support
    • 16-pin Socket - Industry-leading 16-pin sockets double the modular connectivity by
    supporting 2 different 8-pin cables per socket and allow for future connector changes
    • 28(20+8)-pin MBU socket - World's first socket for possibe future MBU connectors
    • 135 mm DBB Silence - Whisper-quiet high-quality double ball bearing fan with long
    lifetime
    • Thermal Manager - An advanced low voltage fan control for optimal heat & noise
    management
    • High Current Rails - 4 High Current +12V rails with high load capabilities ensure
    maximum CPU & GPU compatibility
    • 100% +12V - Output for maximum CPU & GPU support
    • Multi PCI-E - 6 PCI-E connectors for multiple GPU support
    • CircuitShield™ - Full suite of industrial grade protections: Over Current Protection (OCP),
    Over Voltage Protection (OVP), Under Voltage Protection (UVP), Short Circuit Protection
    (SCP), Over Power Protection (OPP), Over Temperature Protection (OTP), Surge & Inrush
    Protecion (SIP), No Load Operation (NLO) & Brown-Out Protection (BOP)
    • All Japanese Heavy-Duty Caps - All high-performance Japanese capacitors ensure
    tightest DC stability and regulation
    • ErP Lot 6: 2013 - Compliant to the toughest energy standard available
    • PhaseWave™ Design - A server-class full-bridge LLC design with a synchronous
    rectification based on a DC-DC topology
    • Stealth Wires - All wires darkened for minimal visibility in chassis

http://realhardtechx.com/index_archi...00Platinum.pdf
    Police arrest two kids. One was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, they are incompatible. The 16-pin can harbour 1 or 2 slim 8-pin connectors for PCI-E or CPU but no drives. For drives we use common 5-pins. The 10-pin sockets are EOL for new series, they actually do allow 5-pin drives to be inserted. It can harbour a 16-pin of course too :-)

The MB is 20+8, we use one section of one 16-pin socket for 12V for the MB connector, the 20-pins are all other voltages except 12V + grounds.

The 16-p are 8/8 12V/grd

Idea is flexibility on cables without running out of sockets + future connectors + CPU/PCI-E combos.

performance should be on par with Seasonic, but beeating them on sockets/connectors. But this you as reviewers will judge :-)

PS: Our 20+8 has 2 spare 12V wires for any MBU changes, others with something similar use up all 12V wires for added on CPU connectors or have no spare 12V at all.
    Last edited by GI_Joe; 03-08-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duckula View Post
    • 135 mm DBB Silence - Whisper-quiet high-quality double ball bearing fan with long
    lifetime
    • Thermal Manager - An advanced low voltage fan control for optimal heat & noise
    management
    I really, really hope they aren't using the same Adda fan from the HCP-850...and why not add fanless operation at low wattage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IIRC, antec doesn't like to be too aggressive for fan setting. However, their flagship units with good building quality, such as SG-850, HCP-1200 and probably this HCP-1000, are still quiet at heavy load.

Seasonic, on the contrary, provides semi-fanless mode but tends to increase the fan speed significantly at full load in units.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GI_Joe View Post
    The MB is 20+8, we use one section of one 16-pin socket for 12V for the MB connector, the 20-pins are all other voltages except 12V + grounds.

The 16-p are 8/8 12V/grd

Idea is flexibility on cables without running out of sockets + future connectors + CPU/PCI-E combos.

performance should be on par with Seasonic, but beeating them on sockets/connectors. But this you as reviewers will judge :-)

PS: Our 20+8 has 2 spare 12V wires for any MBU changes, others with something similar use up all 12V wires for added on CPU connectors or have no spare 12V at all.
    In other words ... no +12V sense wire like the one HCP-1200 had, only the +3.3 & +5V ones? Internal pics don't show it either (modular PCB to control circuit PCB interconnect).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ssshjp View Post
    IIRC, antec doesn't like to be too aggressive for fan setting. However, their flagship units with good building quality, such as SG-850, HCP-1200 and probably this HCP-1000, are still quiet at heavy load.

Seasonic, on the contrary, provides semi-fanless mode but tends to increase the fan speed significantly at full load in units.
    I prefer Seasonic's take on fan speed. When I'm hitting 600W or so while playing BF3 on a HD 7970 CrossFire set-up, I really don't care about how loud the fan gets. My water pump and radiator fans will be contributing enough noise on their own to drown out the PSU.

However when I'm done gaming and just surfing the web, chatting in IRC or using Lightroom, I would prefer the system to be absolutely quiet. That's the beauty of Scythe/Nidec Gentle Typhoons...their start-up voltage is 3.6V and they don't make a sound at such low RPM. Even my D5 pump dials itself back via PWM.

Does that make sense or am I crazy?