Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: HCP 1000 Platinum(internal images)

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    558
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    The plexiglass is just for show to prevent people putting their fingers into the demo-units
    The 16-pin are patented dual 8-pin possible with upgrade option. We got overkill of socket and cable numbers.
    Tech is similar (but not fully to Seasonic :-) ) Full bridge phase shift

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    in your bathroom
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    68
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I want to see <0.5% 12v regulation, <1% minor rail regulation, and <10mV ripple on all rails
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" - Unknown (but sometimes attributed to Sigmund Freud)

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Beijing, China
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    @GI_Joe: Is the 16pin connector backward compatible with 10pin and 5pin modular cables? What's the pin count for MB modular cables?
    It's been a hard day's night and I've been working like a dog.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GI_Joe View Post
    The plexiglass is just for show to prevent people putting their fingers into the demo-units
    The 16-pin are patented dual 8-pin possible with upgrade option. We got overkill of socket and cable numbers.
    Tech is similar (but not fully to Seasonic :-) ) Full bridge phase shift
    Will the old 5-pin and 10-pin physical cables from my HCP-850 be compatible with the HCP-1000?

    Wow Travis, you read my mind.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beijing, China
    Posts
    315
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote from Antec's flyer:

    SPECIFICATIONS:
    • 1000W Continuous Power - Guaranteed 1000W of Continuous Power from Antec
    • 80 PLUS® PLATINUM certified - Up to 94% efficient, to reduce your electricity bill
    • Save Energy and Money - Reduce your electricity bill by up to 25%
    • AQ7 - Antec Quality 7 year warranty and lifetime global 24/7 support
    • 16-pin Socket - Industry-leading 16-pin sockets double the modular connectivity by
    supporting 2 different 8-pin cables per socket and allow for future connector changes
    • 28(20+8)-pin MBU socket - World's first socket for possibe future MBU connectors
    • 135 mm DBB Silence - Whisper-quiet high-quality double ball bearing fan with long
    lifetime
    • Thermal Manager - An advanced low voltage fan control for optimal heat & noise
    management
    • High Current Rails - 4 High Current +12V rails with high load capabilities ensure
    maximum CPU & GPU compatibility
    • 100% +12V - Output for maximum CPU & GPU support
    • Multi PCI-E - 6 PCI-E connectors for multiple GPU support
    • CircuitShield™ - Full suite of industrial grade protections: Over Current Protection (OCP),
    Over Voltage Protection (OVP), Under Voltage Protection (UVP), Short Circuit Protection
    (SCP), Over Power Protection (OPP), Over Temperature Protection (OTP), Surge & Inrush
    Protecion (SIP), No Load Operation (NLO) & Brown-Out Protection (BOP)
    • All Japanese Heavy-Duty Caps - All high-performance Japanese capacitors ensure
    tightest DC stability and regulation
    • ErP Lot 6: 2013 - Compliant to the toughest energy standard available
    • PhaseWave™ Design - A server-class full-bridge LLC design with a synchronous
    rectification based on a DC-DC topology
    • Stealth Wires - All wires darkened for minimal visibility in chassis

    http://realhardtechx.com/index_archi...00Platinum.pdf
    Police arrest two kids. One was drinking battery acid, the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    558
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    No, they are incompatible. The 16-pin can harbour 1 or 2 slim 8-pin connectors for PCI-E or CPU but no drives. For drives we use common 5-pins. The 10-pin sockets are EOL for new series, they actually do allow 5-pin drives to be inserted. It can harbour a 16-pin of course too :-)

    The MB is 20+8, we use one section of one 16-pin socket for 12V for the MB connector, the 20-pins are all other voltages except 12V + grounds.

    The 16-p are 8/8 12V/grd

    Idea is flexibility on cables without running out of sockets + future connectors + CPU/PCI-E combos.

    performance should be on par with Seasonic, but beeating them on sockets/connectors. But this you as reviewers will judge :-)

    PS: Our 20+8 has 2 spare 12V wires for any MBU changes, others with something similar use up all 12V wires for added on CPU connectors or have no spare 12V at all.
    Last edited by GI_Joe; 03-08-2012 at 01:40 AM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duckula View Post
    • 135 mm DBB Silence - Whisper-quiet high-quality double ball bearing fan with long
    lifetime
    • Thermal Manager - An advanced low voltage fan control for optimal heat & noise
    management
    I really, really hope they aren't using the same Adda fan from the HCP-850...and why not add fanless operation at low wattage?

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    526
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    IIRC, antec doesn't like to be too aggressive for fan setting. However, their flagship units with good building quality, such as SG-850, HCP-1200 and probably this HCP-1000, are still quiet at heavy load.

    Seasonic, on the contrary, provides semi-fanless mode but tends to increase the fan speed significantly at full load in units.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    330
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GI_Joe View Post
    The MB is 20+8, we use one section of one 16-pin socket for 12V for the MB connector, the 20-pins are all other voltages except 12V + grounds.

    The 16-p are 8/8 12V/grd

    Idea is flexibility on cables without running out of sockets + future connectors + CPU/PCI-E combos.

    performance should be on par with Seasonic, but beeating them on sockets/connectors. But this you as reviewers will judge :-)

    PS: Our 20+8 has 2 spare 12V wires for any MBU changes, others with something similar use up all 12V wires for added on CPU connectors or have no spare 12V at all.
    In other words ... no +12V sense wire like the one HCP-1200 had, only the +3.3 & +5V ones? Internal pics don't show it either (modular PCB to control circuit PCB interconnect).

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssshjp View Post
    IIRC, antec doesn't like to be too aggressive for fan setting. However, their flagship units with good building quality, such as SG-850, HCP-1200 and probably this HCP-1000, are still quiet at heavy load.

    Seasonic, on the contrary, provides semi-fanless mode but tends to increase the fan speed significantly at full load in units.
    I prefer Seasonic's take on fan speed. When I'm hitting 600W or so while playing BF3 on a HD 7970 CrossFire set-up, I really don't care about how loud the fan gets. My water pump and radiator fans will be contributing enough noise on their own to drown out the PSU.

    However when I'm done gaming and just surfing the web, chatting in IRC or using Lightroom, I would prefer the system to be absolutely quiet. That's the beauty of Scythe/Nidec Gentle Typhoons...their start-up voltage is 3.6V and they don't make a sound at such low RPM. Even my D5 pump dials itself back via PWM.

    Does that make sense or am I crazy?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 10:23 AM
  2. HCP 1000 Platinum @ TPU
    By Original Sin in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 11:36 AM
  3. FS: Seasonic Platinum 1000
    By Oklahoma Wolf in forum For Sale/Trade
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 10:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •