Thanked in
    0 Posts

almost tasty lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    I am not sure what you mean exactly. ECOS does rate and certify units at 230V. Are you trying to say that they WON'T certify this unit at 230V because it does not fit in their vague definitions for 115V/230V and formfactor/usage?
    Because in the past I had a communication with them about this matter. They told me that they don't certify desktop units at 230VAC but only at 115VAC. At 230VAC they only certify units for redundant and data center applications.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@ crmaris:

How many watts/amps were +12V wires loaded with (on 24-pin connector)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

sorry I didn't quite understand your question but I hope the following will cover you.

I combined all virtual rails in one and in the text fixture I connected 6 PCIe connectors (it can take up to 12 but I must find time to remove it from the bench and solder the rest six), two EPS, four peripheral, two SATA and of course the 24 pin ATX. At CL2 test I pulled 127.044A from +12V. Since I combined all rails in one the load is shared among the connectors and I don't measure the load per connector.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What I meant was that the 24-pin connector has all the wires/rails that are present in the PSU.

This PSU (fom what I've seen on your pics) has V-sense wires for all the major rails (+3.3/5/12V).

If for ex. yellow +12V wire (with V-sense attached to it) on the 24-pin connector isn't loaded, then the V-sense isn't working properly and it doesn't have a V-drop to fix on the unloaded wire. If this wire is loaded, the V-sense regulates the +12V rail linearly with greater load (presumably on all +12V wires), so more amps you push through the +12V wire with V-sense on it, more +12V rail correction will be performed.
    That would potentially cover some of the bad regulation that you've been dealing with and could show some improvement on smaller rails as well.

With the crazy amount of amps you've pulled from this PSU, this would make quite a difference ...

I've been dealing with this on my DIY load tester and the results are clearly visible (for ex. 40W vs 80W from the +12V wires on 24-pin ATX).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crmaris View Post
    Because in the past I had a communication with them about this matter. They told me that they don't certify desktop units at 230VAC but only at 115VAC. At 230VAC they only certify units for redundant and data center applications.
    Right, so ECOS could certify them, they just won't certify them. Can/can't and will/won't are two different issues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Right, so ECOS could certify them, they just won't certify them. Can/can't and will/won't are two different issues
    Real classy of you to pick on a guy who doesn't speak English as a first language about semantics.
    Main: i5 2500K@4.6GHz w/Zalman CNPS10X Performa, Intel DZ68BC, 8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600, PNY GTX 470 + EVGA GTX 470, ASUS Xonar DX, ADATA S510 120GB, Samsung 1TB F3+1TB F1+2TB F4, Kingwin LZG 1kW, Lian-Li PC-9F, Dell U2212HM+S2209W, Win7 Professional.
    Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, i5 2410M, 8GB DDR3-1333, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1GB, Intel X25-M 80GB, Seagate Momentus 750GB, Win7 Home Premium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
    Real classy of you to pick on a guy who doesn't speak English as a first language about semantics.
    Should I "pick" on you now for not reading the thread to understand that phrasing was being clarified? Or are you going to keep going off topic as usual?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

It's obvious that the English language isn't Spectre's first language either; as he has no understanding of tact or phrasing. There's a way to help people with their inability to speak English in a "perfect" manner, and then there is just being a dick.
    Unfortunately, as many have witnessed from you time in time again, you feel self important for some reason. Thus you always attack others without any tact or cause.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ferky View Post
    What I meant was that the 24-pin connector has all the wires/rails that are present in the PSU.

This PSU (fom what I've seen on your pics) has V-sense wires for all the major rails (+3.3/5/12V).

If for ex. yellow +12V wire (with V-sense attached to it) on the 24-pin connector isn't loaded, then the V-sense isn't working properly and it doesn't have a V-drop to fix on the unloaded wire. If this wire is loaded, the V-sense regulates the +12V rail linearly with greater load (presumably on all +12V wires), so more amps you push through the +12V wire with V-sense on it, more +12V rail correction will be performed.
    That would potentially cover some of the bad regulation that you've been dealing with and could show some improvement on smaller rails as well.

With the crazy amount of amps you've pulled from this PSU, this would make quite a difference ...

I've been dealing with this on my DIY load tester and the results are clearly visible (for ex. 40W vs 80W from the +12V wires on 24-pin ATX).
    Apparently you didn't understand my answer. As I told you the 24 pin ATX was attached to the fixture so the vsense wire was getting the right voltage.

I know a thing or two about vsense also before I buy my electronic loads I made two loaders by myself and studied a lot on this subject.