Thread: RAGE @[H]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default RAGE @[H]

LOL:

DO NOT BUY RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Header at main page.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yes, Kyle sent them an email asking for a refund. He was not impressed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After watching a playthrough of the game at YouTube I was staring at the screen in disbelief when the game was suddenly over. It must have been terrible to actually have paid for that... game demo.

Seriously, after that second city there should have been a huge, branching storyline or something. The potential was there and it could easily have made it a very popular game. Instead we got the biggest fizzle in the history of videogames. Well, maybe
    www.mayaposch.com - My personal site. Yes, I'm a girl geek

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, Kyle's being a whiner again. From what I can tell, he's barely even played the game. RAGE may not be an amazing game, but it's a far cry from the disaster that people are making it out to be.
    Main: i5 2500K@4.6GHz w/Zalman CNPS10X Performa, Intel DZ68BC, 8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600, PNY GTX 470 + EVGA GTX 470, ASUS Xonar DX, ADATA S510 120GB, Samsung 1TB F3+1TB F1+2TB F4, Kingwin LZG 1kW, Lian-Li PC-9F, Dell U2212HM+S2209W, Win7 Professional.
    Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, i5 2410M, 8GB DDR3-1333, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1GB, Intel X25-M 80GB, Seagate Momentus 750GB, Win7 Home Premium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just my 2 cents. I finished the game and what a boring game it is. nothing is original here, it tries to be like fallout/borderlands, which are both much better games. the texture pop-in is annoying and the textures are awful regardless of ur rig. there are much better shooters out there, and rage is definitly not worth anyones time or money. what a disappointment from id. the shooting part is solid but its not enough anymore if u played shooters before, it gets boring quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The sad thing is they probably still made a ton of money selling such a poor game. I don't remember the numbers but the sales on consoles looked pretty high. The reviews rating it at around 80% were obviously bought. Just goes to show you how far you can take things with only marketing, very little substance, and John Carmack hyping up the engine to give all the uber nerds a boner.
    Last edited by rty; 10-31-2011 at 01:16 AM.