Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Can Thermaltake Do For You

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep to me a selling point would be much more room behind the motherboard for cable routing...........there seems to be a sad lack of it in many cases.
    Access to the mounting screws for vid cards etc from outside the case would be another selling point............but I have already mentioned this....
    Also, I am not about to hack my case about to try and achieve this, as I am not really skilled enough, or have the tools to do it.
    Anyway, regardless of the above, I still favour Tt cases over all the others on the market, and if looking for a new case, then I just check Tt's lineup and pick which one I fancy, and saves me hours of checking all the other makes on offer......they just appeal to me somehow, but that's just me...

P.S. It is nice that a Tt rep is looking and taking notice of peoples thoughts on Tt's products, the same as the Corsair rep's do, which sometimes does lead to changes that appeal to people.
    Windows 10-64bit-Windows 7 Home-64bit - Phanteks Primo case - Corsair HX850i PSU - Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 - i7-6700K(Bios F21) - Corsair H110i GTX AIO cooler - Corsair LPX 2 x 8GB 2666Mhz memory - Creative ZxRi Onboard sound - 2 x Samsung 950 256GB Nvme 256GB M.2 - 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD - 1 x Intel 750 400GB Pci-e - EVGA GTX FTW ACX2.0 980Ti - Dell 27" G-Sync 2560 x 1440 (main) - Dell 24" (secondary) 1920 x 1200 monitors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    Yep to me a selling point would be much more room behind the motherboard for cable routing...........there seems to be a sad lack of it in many cases.
    Access to the mounting screws for vid cards etc from outside the case would be another selling point............but I have already mentioned this....
    Also, I am not about to hack my case about to try and achieve this, as I am not really skilled enough, or have the tools to do it.
    Anyway, regardless of the above, I still favour Tt cases over all the others on the market, and if looking for a new case, then I just check Tt's lineup and pick which one I fancy, and saves me hours of checking all the other makes on offer......they just appeal to me somehow, but that's just me...

P.S. It is nice that a Tt rep is looking and taking notice of peoples thoughts on Tt's products, the same as the Corsair rep's do, which sometimes does lead to changes that appeal to people.

I am definitely already looking at how we can add more area for cable routing.

Thank you for the suggestions all of this stuff adds up to helping us design products that better suit your needs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I'm curious about what you discovered when you "looked into" the whole PSU overrating thing?
    It's my PSU in a box!
    Ooo-ooh,
    My PSU in a box, baby!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
    So I'm curious about what you discovered when you "looked into" the whole PSU overrating thing?
    It takes time, I have teams I work with on these sorts of issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I purchased my first Thermaltake product back in 2004 or 2005, a Tsunami case. At the time it was the enthusiast case of choice. Unfortunately, based on my personal experience with this case and other assorted products from Thermaltake that I purchased until about 2008, it became clear that the Thermaltake name isn't synonymous with quality. Based on reviews on current products, it seems that this hasn't changed much. There always seems to be a better quality product with the same or similar feature set for the same price or better. You said you cannot control retail prices, but you can control wholesale prices and MSRP. As a business owner and computer enthusiast, I cannot recommend or endorse your products at this moment.

Release something impressive and I'll jump on the bandwagon, though.
    PSU: Rosewill FORTRESS-650 || Mobo: MSI Z97M-G43
    CPU: Intel i7-4770K || Corsair H60 (New Version)
    RAM: 8GB G. Skill Ripjaws 2133MHz @11-11-11-30-2T || SSD: Intel 530 240GB
    HDDs: 1TB WD Black, 2x 2TB Hitachi || GPU: AMD Radeon HD7870 @ 1150/1400

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by p4l1ndr0m3 View Post
    I purchased my first Thermaltake product back in 2004 or 2005, a Tsunami case. At the time it was the enthusiast case of choice. Unfortunately, based on my personal experience with this case and other assorted products from Thermaltake that I purchased until about 2008, it became clear that the Thermaltake name isn't synonymous with quality. Based on reviews on current products, it seems that this hasn't changed much. There always seems to be a better quality product with the same or similar feature set for the same price or better. You said you cannot control retail prices, but you can control wholesale prices and MSRP. As a business owner and computer enthusiast, I cannot recommend or endorse your products at this moment.

Release something impressive and I'll jump on the bandwagon, though.
    I can understand how you feel, and I am working on improving our offerings so I hope in the future you would be comfortable recommending our products.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice to see a manufacturer reaching out to the community to get some honest feedback on their products

My personal experience with thermaltake has been mixed. There are some products that I felt were really solid and that I wouldn't have a problem recommending (Element series cases come to mind) and others that didn't have the "fit and finish" that I would like to see. As others have mentioned I have a hard time recommending Thermaltake when people are asking about brands since there is a wide range in the quality between different products. Thermaltake may want to consider a separate brand for the lower end (or higher end products) similar to Lancool and Lian Li. That might help create a more clear brand image in peoples' minds regarding what Thermaltake is all about. Right now I think people have a hard time with Tt's image because the products lines try to cater to everyone from those that just want cheap and a certain bling factor to those that want the best quality. Just my $0.02

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by x.clay View Post
    nice to see a manufacturer reaching out to the community to get some honest feedback on their products

My personal experience with thermaltake has been mixed. There are some products that I felt were really solid and that I wouldn't have a problem recommending (Element series cases come to mind) and others that didn't have the "fit and finish" that I would like to see. As others have mentioned I have a hard time recommending Thermaltake when people are asking about brands since there is a wide range in the quality between different products. Thermaltake may want to consider a separate brand for the lower end (or higher end products) similar to Lancool and Lian Li. That might help create a more clear brand image in peoples' minds regarding what Thermaltake is all about. Right now I think people have a hard time with Tt's image because the products lines try to cater to everyone from those that just want cheap and a certain bling factor to those that want the best quality. Just my $0.02

Thank you,

And im glad you have had some good experiences, I hope I can help make the future better for you guys...

Man im just glad you at least have "some" good experiences lol... some forums have been a lil less nice to me

Thanks for that guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We actually appreciate people who want to improve their products. We don't condemn people for past failures, we look at every product individually. I think we've proven that by our reactions to Kingwin going from barely adequate if not junk, to highly recommended.

I believe we'll be very happy for Thermaltake to bring the rest of their products up to the standard of your heatsinks like the Frio, and some of your cases.
    Intel i7-2600k with an XSPC Raystorm water block, 4x4GB Corsair Dominator, SLi Evga-GTX560Ti-448 FTWs, Asrock Extreme4 Gen3, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, powered by a Silverstone Strider+ 850 PSU in a Silverstone TJ-07BW case.
    I'm not buying EK GPU blocks ever again. (One GPU killed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allikat View Post
    We actually appreciate people who want to improve their products. We don't condemn people for past failures, we look at every product individually. I think we've proven that by our reactions to Kingwin going from barely adequate if not junk, to highly recommended.

I believe we'll be very happy for Thermaltake to bring the rest of their products up to the standard of your heatsinks like the Frio, and some of your cases.
    Frio is one of my favorites as of present

I hope to bring many good things to you guys in the future.