Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: What Can Thermaltake Do For You

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    in your bathroom
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    68
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Gonna' jump on the bandwagon(friendly aggression really)

    This HEC/CWT/FSP/Enhance/Sirtec mix can get pretty confusing even for knowledgeable people, if Antec(with a product portfolio at least as vast as TT) managed to consolidate to two OEMs(Delta and Seasonic) both known for quality products, I can't see why TT can't do the same.. If you want to fight the likes of Corsair and Antec you need to ditch the products(and OEMs) that reflect poorly on the brand perception..
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" - Unknown (but sometimes attributed to Sigmund Freud)

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,038
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    I also have reason to believe Tt is selling that aforementioned HEC 300W as a 480W in China and other regions. Haven't confirmed yet though.
    It's my PSU in a box!
    Ooo-ooh,
    My PSU in a box, baby!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    572
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Consolidate your OEM picks to only the good ones, if that means dropping a whole heap of units at the lower end, so be it. I have difficulty including your brand in recommendations that want only brands, for the same reason CoolerMaster doesn't get in there, they may have some nice units, but there's a lot of dross there too.

    Dump the over-rated junk, compete on quality, and rationalise OEMs by range if possible.
    Intel i7-2600k with an XSPC Raystorm water block, 4x4GB Corsair Dominator, SLi Evga-GTX560Ti-448 FTWs, Asrock Extreme4 Gen3, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD, powered by a Silverstone Strider+ 850 PSU in a Silverstone TJ-07BW case.
    I'm not buying EK GPU blocks ever again. (One GPU killed)

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    Some thoughts have already been reflected well here.

    My biggest issue with Thermaltake as a company is the stark difference in quality between a low end product (like the TR2 line of PSU's, or the Challenger line of keyboards) and you high end product like (like the ToughpowerXT units & Meka series of keyboards.)

    More focus should be put towards quality components. If quality means you need to loose some features, so be it. Don't let it be the other way around though.

    I also agree that you should focus on fan speed and keeping the max sound pressure from a unit around 30dB(A), as that'll make your products more attractive as a whole.

    Another thing, is that units which can support 150w GPU's (e.g. 2 x PCIe 6pin connectors) should have them. So 2 x 6pin on quality 450w products would give you an edge against the competition who will use a single PCIe connector.

    Also; for your case division, use the community as a resource and gather greater community input. I've done so for companies in the past, and it always turns out a better product in the end. Because unless you've worked with many cases, there's some simple things which can get over looked.


    If you want more specifics in regards to certain products; I'd be glad to give my thoughts. Though, the devil is in the details as they say.
    Thank you.

    I am here for feedback not just for the PSU but for chassis or any other product you may have... If you have ideas for what will make our chassis lineup stronger or better yet something you would want please do share as thats what were here for.... if it isnt for the enthusiasts then there is no reason for a custom design to cases. we want to make sure what we make is something that not only looks cool but meets your needs.

    Quote Originally Posted by crmaris View Post
    TR2-800 is clearly overrated (regarding its capacity) and on top of that it has a really huge problem with operating temperatures that exceed 40C. In general I think it's very unreliable and the least you could do is to add OTP (Over Temperature Protection) to it.

    Also you should definitely lower the prices of your high-end PSUs (e.g. Toughpower Grand Series) because their performance/price ratio with the current prices is very low. On top of that, in my humble opinion for a high-end PSU series you should use only one of the best OEMs and no a clearly inferior one which can offer only budget/outdated platforms.

    It's was a very good move to join this forum and ask for our opinion. For PSUs (and not only) you will get some great feedback here

    Thank you, the feedback helps give us better direction and I will look at your feedback to help better our offering.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crmaris View Post
    TR2-800 is clearly overrated (regarding its capacity) and on top of that it has a really huge problem with operating temperatures that exceed 40C. In general I think it's very unreliable and the least you could do is to add OTP (Over Temperature Protection) to it.

    Also you should definitely lower the prices of your high-end PSUs (e.g. Toughpower Grand Series) because their performance/price ratio with the current prices is very low. On top of that, in my humble opinion for a high-end PSU series you should use only one of the best OEMs and no a clearly inferior one which can offer only budget/outdated platforms.

    It's was a very good move to join this forum and ask for our opinion. For PSUs (and not only) you will get some great feedback here
    Hello,

    The max rated operating temperature for that model is 40C

    anything over 40C would be over the specification that it was designed to run within.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,528
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    185
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    yeap I know (but forgot to write it in my initial post) and it is very easily burnt with temps around 43C so it should have OTP installed at least according to my humble opinion. Also I think 40C max operating temperature provides a very small safe margin so a manufacturer should stick with the 50C ambient that ATX spec recommends. The ideal would be in the future the 50C recommendation to become a requirement so all manufacturers would have to follow it. In a PSU heat tolerance is one of its greatest assets.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Isle of Wight - UK - Not Virginia USA.
    Posts
    363
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    As I mentioned, I have the Tt Armor+ case. Many things I like about the case.
    The orientation of the HDD cage...i.e. transverse across the case, so the power and data cables are plugged into the drives from behind the side panel.......rear of motherboard, and the ease of which I can remove a HDD as well.
    Also the top and drawer storage which I find very useful for various items.
    Plenty of room inside the case for 'doing things'.
    Removeable mother board tray, which makes a big difference (to me anyway) when building the PC.

    I wish a case would be made that gave more room behind the side panel (rear of motherboard) for routing cables, especially the thick ones like the 24 pin ATX power cable, and others that are in the harness. Having a modual PSU helps with this, but I find it rather cramped either way.

    I would also like the ability to get at the screws for the video card(s) and other cards that are plugged into the motherboard to be accessed from outside of the case. I don't use the plastic 'tags' to hold my video card (and others) in place as I much prefer screws, and it is a bit of a pain to have to take off the side panel, and then try to insert screws which are a few inches away from the outside of the case to get them 'started' into the threaded hole............this could just be me being clumsy and awkward though...

    There are a few small niggles, but not enough to make me dislike it overall.

    I had an Xsar III, then a Kandalf, and now the Armor+ case, which I am very happy with, as it has many features that I like, and should I change to a new case, I rather fancy one of the Level 10 series.....
    Windows 10-64bit-Windows 7 Home-64bit - Phanteks Primo case - Corsair HX850i PSU - Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 - i7-6700K(Bios F21) - Corsair H110i GTX AIO cooler - Corsair LPX 2 x 8GB 2666Mhz memory - Creative ZxRi Onboard sound - 2 x Samsung 950 256GB Nvme 256GB M.2 - 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD - 1 x Intel 750 400GB Pci-e - EVGA GTX FTW ACX2.0 980Ti - Dell 27" G-Sync 2560 x 1440 (main) - Dell 24" (secondary) 1920 x 1200 monitors.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    As I mentioned, I have the Tt Armor+ case. Many things I like about the case.
    The orientation of the HDD cage...i.e. transverse across the case, so the power and data cables are plugged into the drives from behind the side panel.......rear of motherboard, and the ease of which I can remove a HDD as well.
    Also the top and drawer storage which I find very useful for various items.
    Plenty of room inside the case for 'doing things'.
    Removeable mother board tray, which makes a big difference (to me anyway) when building the PC.

    I wish a case would be made that gave more room behind the side panel (rear of motherboard) for routing cables, especially the thick ones like the 24 pin ATX power cable, and others that are in the harness. Having a modual PSU helps with this, but I find it rather cramped either way.

    I would also like the ability to get at the screws for the video card(s) and other cards that are plugged into the motherboard to be accessed from outside of the case. I don't use the plastic 'tags' to hold my video card (and others) in place as I much prefer screws, and it is a bit of a pain to have to take off the side panel, and then try to insert screws which are a few inches away from the outside of the case to get them 'started' into the threaded hole............this could just be me being clumsy and awkward though...

    There are a few small niggles, but not enough to make me dislike it overall.

    I had an Xsar III, then a Kandalf, and now the Armor+ case, which I am very happy with, as it has many features that I like, and should I change to a new case, I rather fancy one of the Level 10 series.....

    I am looking into how to add more area behind the motherboard tray for cable routing and hiding. also the rear access screws can be seen on the Level 10 GT but that is not adopted on every chassis.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Did you come up with any idea? Nothing a little metalwork and soldering won't fix, it can be kind of fun to add space and do some quirky things with the casing. If you need somebody to take the system off of your hands I will do it. I am looking for a tower right now to dedicate towards all kind of computing applications while I wait to hear back from the IT staffing people. You should hit me up if you are seriously interested and wanting to get something done. I am not messing around when it comes to these kinds of IT related things...
    Last edited by notjohnny; 12-19-2011 at 07:50 PM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notjohnny View Post
    Did you come up with any idea? Nothing a little metalwork and soldering won't fix, it can be kind of fun to add space and do some quirky things with the casing...
    Are you referring to me?

    If so I am looking at future case offerings how we can design them to better offer space for you to fit your cables behind the motherboard tray.

Similar Threads

  1. Be wary of thermaltake rma!
    By Master Wolfe in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 10:12 PM
  2. help, thermaltake or ultra?
    By snyder160 in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 01:40 PM
  3. 2kW Unit from Thermaltake?
    By Super Nade in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 08:51 AM
  4. My Thermaltake RMA Experience
    By Sphere in forum PC Power Supply Discussion
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 12:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •