Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Can Thermaltake Do For You

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What Can Thermaltake Do For You

Hello,

Thermaltake is actively working on getting community feedback on existing and future Thermaltake products. We would like you as the enthusiast community to provide feedback on your experience with present Thermaltake product, and also any product, Idea or changes you would like to see from Thermaltake in the future. Thermaltake is here to support the enthusiast community and we would like to address any issues or concerns you have so that your experience with Thermaltake is excellent and our products will improve to better suit your needs. Please feel free to discuss, comment or provide suggestions as we are here for you and we are willing to work directly with you to assist with any issues that may arise. Please let us know what you would like to see from Thermaltake or what we can change to make a product that would be more suited to what you would like.

Thank you
    Thermaltake Enthusiasts support

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would just like to mention that I have the (excellent) Tt Armor + Black windowed case. When I took off the side panel a few weeks ago, I dropped it and therefore ripped off the power supply side connector (male) to the 200mm window fan.
    I emailed Tt support and received an email shortly after saying that they would happily send me a replacement connector cable FOC, which they did and it turned up a few days later.
    However, on opening the bag I found a knife nick cut into the insulation of one of the wires, which did work with some insulation tape around it.
    I emailed them back to advise them, and they again sent me another cable FOC which was in perfect condition.
    That attention to a very minor matter in the scheme of things rather impressed me, and since I have had 3 different models of their cases, I shall continue to buy them when needed in the future.........and won't need to look anywhere else.
    Thanks Tt.
    Last edited by Baron; 09-29-2011 at 03:58 AM.
    Windows 10-64bit-Windows 7 Home-64bit - Phanteks Primo case - Corsair HX850i PSU - Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 - i7-6700K(Bios F21) - Corsair H110i GTX AIO cooler - Corsair LPX 2 x 8GB 2666Mhz memory - Creative ZxRi Onboard sound - 2 x Samsung 950 256GB Nvme 256GB M.2 - 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD - 1 x Intel 750 400GB Pci-e - EVGA GTX FTW ACX2.0 980Ti - Dell 27" G-Sync 2560 x 1440 (main) - Dell 24" (secondary) 1920 x 1200 monitors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a review sample of XT 575W, I got only one real complaint:

fan is too loud @idle, which actually is common occurence for CWT made units - rpm are around 1000.

Can anything be done about it in future products in that range? (I haven't heard TPG yet).
    Last edited by rafal_iB_PL; 09-16-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You could stop rebranding the same HEC 300W as forty different model of 400-450W power supply (PurePower 430W, TR2 430W, PurePower 450W, essentially all variants of the W0069/W0070 series). And remove all the overrated models from your lineup in general.

That would be nice.
    It's my PSU in a box!
    Ooo-ooh,
    My PSU in a box, baby!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    I would just like to mention that I have the (excellent) Tt Armor + Black windowed case. When I took off the side panel a few weeks ago, I dropped it and therefore ripped off the power supply side connector (male) to the 200mm window fan.
    I emailed Tt support and received an email shortly after saying that they would happily send me a replacement connector cable FOC, which they did and it turned up a few days later.
    However, on opening the bag I found a knife nick cut into the insulation of one of the wires, which did work with some insulation tape around it.
    I emailed them back to advise them, and they again sent me another cable FOC which was in perfect condition.
    That attention to a very minor matter in the scheme of things rather impressed me, and since I have had 3 different models of their cases, I shall continue to buy them when needed in the future.........and won't need to look anywher else.
    Thanks Tt.
    Thank you for the kind words, that is awesome to hear we are definitely here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by rafal_iB_PL View Post
    I got a review sample of XT 575W, I got only one real complaint:

fan is too loud @idle, which actually is common occurence for CWT made units - rpm are around 1000.

Can anything be done about it in future products in that range? (I haven't heard TPG yet).
    I will definitely check which model of fan used and weather the input voltage can be dropped to slow the fan more without compromising stability or longevity, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
    You could stop rebranding the same HEC 300W as forty different model of 400-450W power supply (PurePower 430W, TR2 430W, PurePower 450W, essentially all variants of the W0069/W0070 series). And remove all the overrated models from your lineup in general.

That would be nice.
    I can definitely check into your concern as I am not aware of this issue but I will definitely look into it.

thank you for bringing it to my attention as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tt enthusiasts View Post
    I can definitely check into your concern as I am not aware of this issue but I will definitely look into it.

thank you for bringing it to my attention as well.
    Glad to hear you're looking into it.

Gabriel Torres discovered the overrating with his PurePower NP 430W review, and every 430/450W Thermaltake I've seen reviewed or opened up since then, maybe four or five units from three or four SKUs, has been the same power supply with minor changes. Sometimes different caps (brand or value), sometimes a modular connector interface, sometimes a different bridge rectifier... But base platform has stayed the same, as has the major silicon, when identified. And Gabe found this platform's OPP cuts in and shuts the PSU down at 350-355W, which is indicative of a ~300W PSU.

Oh, the TR2 450P is fine, that was a Channel Well DSA I think. But every other 430/450W has been the same HEC.
    It's my PSU in a box!
    Ooo-ooh,
    My PSU in a box, baby!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Adding my 2 cents here as well... I bought Tt stuff in the past, for example a nice big 4U case for a dual processor server and was impressed with the quality.

But I have to say I share the opinion of the poster above me.

I'm living in Romania and friends often ask me for advice regarding what should they buy but I'm reluctant to recommend Tt power supplies simply because I just can't keep track of their quality (revision, oem manufacturer) and often the online store's description does not match the product number (the code that starts with W) and so on.

Take a look for example at the offer of these two online stores in Romania:

http://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/thermaltake/
    http://www.emag.ro/surse/termaltake/sort-priceasc

So let's see what we have:

W0089RE TR2
    Litepower 450W
    TR2 RX 450W
    W0134 TR2 RX
    TR2 700w
    Toughpower XT 775W
    TR2-800P 800W
    Toughpower Grand 650W
    TP-1350M
    TPG-850M
    W0355RE

Without any research, which one is better, what should I pick from this list and recommend when someone asks me on the phone?

The names are all over the place - why is a 600 watt psu cheaper than a 470w one, why is TR2 RX 550w about 20$ cheaper than a TR2 RX 450w... it's a mess.

They're also more expensive than Corsair CX models, the cheapest (470w one) is about 15$ more expensive than the Corsair CX V2 430 watts and has basically the same price as a CX V2 500w from Corsair. But I guess it's up to the local distributors or due to low number of units sold or something like that.

Oh... and there's stupid stuff like this :

http://www.emag.ro/surse/sursa-therm...50w--pTP-1350M - ~267 dollars for 1350 watts vs http://www.emag.ro/surse/sursa-therm...50w--pTPG-850M ~ 370$ for 850 watts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mariush View Post
    Adding my 2 cents here as well... I bought Tt stuff in the past, for example a nice big 4U case for a dual processor server and was impressed with the quality.

But I have to say I share the opinion of the poster above me.

I'm living in Romania and friends often ask me for advice regarding what should they buy but I'm reluctant to recommend Tt power supplies simply because I just can't keep track of their quality (revision, oem manufacturer) and often the online store's description does not match the product number (the code that starts with W) and so on.

Take a look for example at the offer of these two online stores in Romania:

http://www.pcgarage.ro/surse/thermaltake/
    http://www.emag.ro/surse/termaltake/sort-priceasc

So let's see what we have:

W0089RE TR2
    Litepower 450W
    TR2 RX 450W
    W0134 TR2 RX
    TR2 700w
    Toughpower XT 775W
    TR2-800P 800W
    Toughpower Grand 650W
    TP-1350M
    TPG-850M
    W0355RE

Without any research, which one is better, what should I pick from this list and recommend when someone asks me on the phone?

The names are all over the place - why is a 600 watt psu cheaper than a 470w one, why is TR2 RX 550w about 20$ cheaper than a TR2 RX 450w... it's a mess.

They're also more expensive than Corsair CX models, the cheapest (470w one) is about 15$ more expensive than the Corsair CX V2 430 watts and has basically the same price as a CX V2 500w from Corsair. But I guess it's up to the local distributors or due to low number of units sold or something like that.

Oh... and there's stupid stuff like this :

http://www.emag.ro/surse/sursa-therm...50w--pTP-1350M - ~267 dollars for 1350 watts vs http://www.emag.ro/surse/sursa-therm...50w--pTPG-850M ~ 370$ for 850 watts
    Unfortunately we cannot control pricing that resellers put on their products as it can vary in many different locations. I could definitely see where it becomes a source of frustration though.

I really wish there was something I could do for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Some thoughts have already been reflected well here.

My biggest issue with Thermaltake as a company is the stark difference in quality between a low end product (like the TR2 line of PSU's, or the Challenger line of keyboards) and you high end product like (like the ToughpowerXT units & Meka series of keyboards.)

More focus should be put towards quality components. If quality means you need to loose some features, so be it. Don't let it be the other way around though.

I also agree that you should focus on fan speed and keeping the max sound pressure from a unit around 30dB(A), as that'll make your products more attractive as a whole.

Another thing, is that units which can support 150w GPU's (e.g. 2 x PCIe 6pin connectors) should have them. So 2 x 6pin on quality 450w products would give you an edge against the competition who will use a single PCIe connector.

Also; for your case division, use the community as a resource and gather greater community input. I've done so for companies in the past, and it always turns out a better product in the end. Because unless you've worked with many cases, there's some simple things which can get over looked.

If you want more specifics in regards to certain products; I'd be glad to give my thoughts. Though, the devil is in the details as they say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

TR2-800 is clearly overrated (regarding its capacity) and on top of that it has a really huge problem with operating temperatures that exceed 40C. In general I think it's very unreliable and the least you could do is to add OTP (Over Temperature Protection) to it.

Also you should definitely lower the prices of your high-end PSUs (e.g. Toughpower Grand Series) because their performance/price ratio with the current prices is very low. On top of that, in my humble opinion for a high-end PSU series you should use only one of the best OEMs and no a clearly inferior one which can offer only budget/outdated platforms.

It's was a very good move to join this forum and ask for our opinion. For PSUs (and not only) you will get some great feedback here