Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What Can Thermaltake Do For You

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's already been stated, but bears repeating, Tt needs to offer PSU's on the low end (300-450w) that are worth having and at a competitive price point. If Newegg can contract with ATNG to produce pretty decent PSU's under the Rosewill brand, Tt should have enough clout to do something similar.
    Rig 1: Phenom II X2 550-Asus M5A78L-MLX--2x4 Patriot DDR3 1333--Asus Formula HD4770--Enermax Triathlor 450--LG Flatron W2252TQ--Win 10 x64
    Rig 2: Core i3 6300--Asrock Z170M Extreme4--2x8 Adata DDR4 2400--EVGA GTX 750Ti--Corsair CX500M--Corsair Hydro H55--Windows 7 x64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrWicked1968 View Post
    it's already been stated, but bears repeating, Tt needs to offer PSU's on the low end (300-450w) that are worth having and at a competitive price point. If Newegg can contract with ATNG to produce pretty decent PSU's under the Rosewill brand, Tt should have enough clout to do something similar.
    I am already working on improving our more mainstream offering... thank you for the feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, review of XT 575W is up, summing more or less, what I had to say. Translation of course is far from perfect, sadly:

http://translate.google.com/translat...w%2Fid%3D17700

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rafal_iB_PL View Post
    Well, review of XT 575W is up, summing more or less, what I had to say. Translation of course is far from perfect, sadly:

http://translate.google.com/translat...w%2Fid%3D17700

I t looks like a very nice review from what I could get from it, I too have heard some say that the fan is a bit too high at 1k rpm which can cause some unnecessary noise and I am already looking at what we can do to remedy this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a minor issue. it would be nice if your website would allow me to register the psu I recently purchased (ToughPower 575W modular), which so far is great btw. I live in the uk, and created an account on ur website but cant link it to my psu. I was wondering how am I going to benefit from the 5yr warranty offered if a problem arises.
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gogoman123 View Post
    This is a minor issue. it would be nice if your website would allow me to register the psu I recently purchased (ToughPower 575W modular), which so far is great btw. I live in the uk, and created an account on ur website but cant link it to my psu. I was wondering how am I going to benefit from the 5yr warranty offered if a problem arises.
    Thanks
    Hello,

Registration is not required, only a proof of purchase, we try to keep the process painless as possible.

as long as you keep a proof of purchase you are good to go IF you ever need it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Full Tower Enthusiast

I sat down and put a few minutes thought into what I think might be a nice case.

First a couple of generalized thoughts: Who uses mulitple optical drives these days? In fact, soon the optical disc will be obsolete! I still use them, but increasingly I use my USB Sticks...for just about everything I ever would have / did use opticals for.

Second: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...xm-35u&x=0&y=0
    I have used this A LOT, and so far it has held up well and worked well. A re-badge to Tt and inclusion into certain select cases by default might be useful.

Ok, so on to those thoughts about a case...

Take your VH6000 chasis:
    -- The top (1) 5.25 bay to be retained.
    -- The next (3) 5.25 bays to be converted: 2.5" bays in 6 x 1 configuration on the left side. To the right of the 2.5" bays you will have room for (2) 3.5" bays. This should make for a nice mix and match of storage and utility.
    -- You should have about 16" left below. I believe (2) 120x3 Radiators and (2) 38mm fans should fit in a cross flow setup.
    -- As others have said, room behind the mother board for cables. (I know you are on this already, I mention it here for the sake of completeness.)
    -- Add in an area right behind the cpu for access. Since you are adding space here anyhow, perhaps a "fan" option for paranoid level cooling? Just a thought...
    -- Perhaps make the PSU Chassis area a solid bottom with through holes in the right places?
    -- As big as that mobo tray area is why not add server / ws board extended stand offs? Beautiful setup!
    ----------- ---------------- ----------------
    Ok now for a strictly personal recommendation. I do not dig the top plastic. I like the tops of my cases to be more or less flat. I do like the front "doors" however! Overall it is a nice chasis. I really like your PSU chasis, being able to flip the psu UP to draw in nice cool air is a nice option.

Thank you for your time,
    Gary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diriel View Post
    I sat down and put a few minutes thought into what I think might be a nice case.

First a couple of generalized thoughts: Who uses mulitple optical drives these days? In fact, soon the optical disc will be obsolete! I still use them, but increasingly I use my USB Sticks...for just about everything I ever would have / did use opticals for.

Second: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...xm-35u&x=0&y=0
    I have used this A LOT, and so far it has held up well and worked well. A re-badge to Tt and inclusion into certain select cases by default might be useful.

Ok, so on to those thoughts about a case...

Take your VH6000 chasis:
    -- The top (1) 5.25 bay to be retained.
    -- The next (3) 5.25 bays to be converted: 2.5" bays in 6 x 1 configuration on the left side. To the right of the 2.5" bays you will have room for (2) 3.5" bays. This should make for a nice mix and match of storage and utility.
    -- You should have about 16" left below. I believe (2) 120x3 Radiators and (2) 38mm fans should fit in a cross flow setup.
    -- As others have said, room behind the mother board for cables. (I know you are on this already, I mention it here for the sake of completeness.)
    -- Add in an area right behind the cpu for access. Since you are adding space here anyhow, perhaps a "fan" option for paranoid level cooling? Just a thought...
    -- Perhaps make the PSU Chassis area a solid bottom with through holes in the right places?
    -- As big as that mobo tray area is why not add server / ws board extended stand offs? Beautiful setup!
    ----------- ---------------- ----------------
    Ok now for a strictly personal recommendation. I do not dig the top plastic. I like the tops of my cases to be more or less flat. I do like the front "doors" however! Overall it is a nice chasis. I really like your PSU chasis, being able to flip the psu UP to draw in nice cool air is a nice option.

Thank you for your time,
    Gary
    Thank you for the feedback, IT is appreciated, As you even stated many of these features are being looked into, and I hope that we can deliver something in the near future that will be much more to your liking and also meet more of your needs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tt e,

Thank you for the reply.

Now that I have had time to really think about it, and research what others are saying about the VH6000, I have some corrections and additional thoughts.

I will start with the improbable:
    -- Perhaps make the case even taller than it already is, and add in a PSU mount down at the bottom, for (2) possible PSU mounts total. There seem to be quite a few people out there who want the possibility of top / bottom, and / or more than one PSU. I personally think this might be a bit overkill, but maybe food for thought even so. As a side note, IF you were to include this "feature", you would also by default add in the possibility for (2) 120x4 radiator mounts. At that point even the most truly hard core setup *Should* be covered cooling wise with (2) 120x4 - (8) 38mm fan setup! Bonus points if you add in a nice fan bus controller setup to allow for fine tuning the noise / cooling.

Now for a clarification: on the 2.5" bay setup / 3.5" bay setup I said 6x1, when in fact 1x6 would likely have been more accurate. Your 15mm drive chasis in a 1 x Wide stack of 6 I believe would fit into the vertical area of (3) 5.25" bays. The 3.5" bays of course would be mounted vertically --> | | <-- like so.

Clarification #2: Behind the CPU area perhaps a 120x25 fan mount, that also gives easy access for mounting cpu blocks / coolers.

Clarification #3: I know I said Cross Flow for the radiators, but given that this would be very much a water cooling case solution, perhaps mount the radiators Front to Back air flow wise. I mean, the video cards would likely be water cooled as well given that much radiator, so the air cooling on high end cards would not be a factor. Just a detail to consider, plus it might very well make life easier when working out the implementation details. One thing, I know you have a Tt 120x3 radiator, does it more or less conform to the other 120's mount wise? Far too many water cooling enthusiasts will demand to be able to easily mount their current favorite rad's and / or "play" with several different types.

As for me personally, I really do not care either way about the addition of a bottom mount PSU area, other than it might allow for two larger radiators to be mounted in. With the "Drive" bay setup I described, the dual front mount vertical radiator mounts, and getting rid of the top plastic I would pretty much for sure make this my next chasis. Plenty of HDD mounts, an optical mount just because I feel like holding onto my LAST optical drive, and the easy radiator mounts would just be so incredibly nice.

Thank you for your time,
    Gary
    Last edited by diriel; 11-30-2011 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Corrections

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Make sure the 8 pin (2 x 4) CPU motherboard connector is long enough for bottom mount cases.

Is it time for an all Sata lead power supply with a SATA connector to 3 pin(or 2) motherboard style fan connectors. Perhaps shipped with busway SATA to 2/3 PIN mother board connectors. Offer SATA to the large molex 4 pin connector adapters mail order say 3 for $8 shipped.
    There are a lot of good case fans shipping with motherboard style plugs, and cases that use a lot of fans.
    You could start by offerring 2/3 pin cables at low cost for modular power supplies.

Maybe start shipping cases with 2/3 pin connectors and a molex adapter for the case fans (or SATA plug adapters = SATA > MOLEX 4 Pin?).

There are 80mm to 120mm case fan adapters.
    I would like to see an adapter built for the oem AMD heatpipe coolers to go from 70mm
    oem to 80mm or 92 mm fans. Long time AMD forum modification.
    A desirable upgrade if inexpensive,

A good modern microATX Case, with simple good looks with a hard drive cage intended
    for one overlarge video card if needed.
    I like the 2 X 5 1/4 external bay with a 3 1/2 for card reader. I suppose an adapter for 2 SSD in one of the 5 1/4 bays would keep the purists happy.

Offer a say 1 inch soft "feet" kit designed for cases with bottom intakes for filter space and up off floor position of case bottom. Just reassuring to me.
    Musician speaker feey 1" x 1" are readily available at $1 each retail plus shipping, a plastic or metal rivet mount or screw with nylock nut should be readily doable.

In cases with cable management space a stick on (paper enveope?) for full page receipts etc can be advertised as noise reduction?
    Last edited by walterm; 12-01-2011 at 09:16 AM.