Thread: Mainland Chinese Manufacturer Cluster-"Fun"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mainland Chinese Manufacturer Cluster-"Fun"

I'm trying to keep straight all the brands/names used by these various crappy OEMs. Some like Wintech and Linkworld are consistent at least to mostly use just one name, but two really throw me for a loop at times: Leadman and Deer. So what names have you seen these companies go by, for future reference? I know:

Leadman, Powmax, YE, Echostar, Blue Star

Deer, Allied, Apex, Solytech, L&C, Foxtech

Are there any other names these "companies" (I'm not even sure each group is one legal entity or factory) go by?
    It's my PSU in a box!
    Ooo-ooh,
    My PSU in a box, baby!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's also Sunpro Electronics.Not sure it's related to these, but when you release a PSU that has a -5V rail and efficiency of ~70% in March 2010...
    It's listed under ATX 12V V231
    Sent from my PC using my browser.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
    Don't forget some old Diablotek PSU's were made by Leadman as well as ATADC. Although I don't think either of these brands "belong" to the Leadman company.

Foxtech? I know there's some Foxconn's made by Deer, but I've never heard of Foxtech.

Don't forget "Austin" That's another Deer brand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Don't forget some old Diablotek PSU's were made by Leadman as well as ATADC. Although I don't think either of these brands "belong" to the Leadman company.
    Yeah, I'm looking for ones that either are owned by Leadman/are part of that family, or that use exclusively or near-exclusively their power supplies.

Foxtech? I know there's some Foxconn's made by Deer, but I've never heard of Foxtech.

Don't forget "Austin" That's another Deer brand.
    Eagle1337 told me Foxtech, I didn't recognize the name either.
    It's my PSU in a box!
    Ooo-ooh,
    My PSU in a box, baby!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I don't think Diablotek exclusively uses Deer/Leadman stuff. I think I've seen some CWT units under the Diablotek name.

EDIT: I might have been thinking of Dynapower

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Powork and Demon are Leadman owned brands. Supercase is Deer...not sure if Turbolink is too or not but I think so...no reason why companies like Apevia wouldn't go straight to the factory for their Turbolinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What brands are manufactured by Deer? Any reviews of Deer PSU's out there? I've heard some horror stories but not much else about them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ice445 View Post
    What brands are manufactured by Deer? Any reviews of Deer PSU's out there? I've heard some horror stories but not much else about them.
    They're just generally to be avoided PSUs. Worst of the worst, bottom bin, ect ect.

Here's some reviews:
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story3&reid=65
    http://jonnyguru.com/modules.php?nam...=Story&reid=71
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=187
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=123
    http://hardocp.com/article/2007/05/2..._battle_royal/
    http://jonnyguru.com/modules.php?nam...=Story&reid=71

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm trying to keep straight all the brands/names used by these various crappy OEMs. Some like Wintech and Linkworld are consistent at least to mostly use just one name, but two really throw me for a loop at times: Leadman and Deer. So what names have you seen these companies go by, for future reference? I know:

Are there any other names these "companies" (I'm not even sure each group is one legal entity or factory) go by?
    What gets confusing about deer/solytech is all the different brands. When I was going around posing as somebody looking for a OEM for a psu startup, I extracted some info from the solytech salesman I was talking to (thanks Alex W. of solytech)

There is the "deer group" which solytech is the primary "owner" of. Solytech is one branch, Deer is the power supply factory of solytech, and Apex (AKA supercase) is the case factory of solytech. The psu's that come with solytech owned apex built cases are just labeled as Apex or allied. Allied is simply the name that solytech sells their psus under in most of the world. If you look at most newer allieds, they just have the factory solytech label. (such as the sl-8600eps on newegg)

Most other names using solytech built insides are just using them as a OEM, and they do a lot of OEM'ing. They still make a lot of their cheap builds because they sell and they make money.

Since solytech took over I have noticed their psu's are getting better. After all they now have quite a few 80plus offerings, I have what is probably the only solytech sl-9600EPS in north america powering my computer.

Like I said, they can make a good unit, or they can make a steaming pile, depends on how much the customer wants to pay, but anyway:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/558 (sl-8600eps)

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/artic...ply-Review/666 ('nother 8600eps review)

Only the first link is actually a solytech build. And it is probably good for nearly 500W, but some defect with the two transistor 5vsb circuit causes it to...blow up. That unit is identical to the sl-8500btx but the 8500btx uses a IC to produce the 5vsb, preventing eruption. The Powertek pro is actually a Keerda ATX-1000A. (which is a 100W model)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFK
    The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 370forlife For This Useful Post:

-The_Mask- (12-08-2012)