Default what cause this problem?

symthoms:
    - games lag, higher lag the higher percentage rate of disconnect
    - 50+ frame rate still feel clunky
    - system reboot itself every 10 hours
    - when press to turn computer on, 50 percent it wont display monitor

spec:
    athlon64 3200+, 2.75gb ram, X850 XT, xp home 32bit

- so after replacing 400 watts dynex to antec 380 watts green and still the same... not the psu.

- after increasing ram amount and still the same.... not the ram.

- after cleaning dust out of the X850 XT and still same.... not the graphic card.

- after internet fine yet it disconnect while other computers dont.... not the internet

- after updating catalyst driver from 8. something to 10. something and still same.... not driver

what else could be the problem? overheat? cpu need thermal paste renew? mother board expiriing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds like heat, but every 10-hours is awfully regular?
    Yes. One of the last commincations I had with Dave Hammock before he disappeared from the web was how a major brand single +12V rail PSU wasn't shutting down when shorted. We were literally arc welding with the PSU. Hopefully Dave's absense isn't due to the fact that he got over zealous with the welding.
    JonnyGURU Posted 4-1-08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

10 hours is awfully regular? what you mean by regular? you mean like you saying i turn on my computer alot regularly?

or you mean regular as in its regular for it to reboot itself every 10 hours?

well its more like every 6 hours it reboot itself. and yes the computer is on 24/7 cause someone is playing mmorpg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heat failures are not usually every X hours, they are usually more random or event driven.
    Yes. One of the last commincations I had with Dave Hammock before he disappeared from the web was how a major brand single +12V rail PSU wasn't shutting down when shorted. We were literally arc welding with the PSU. Hopefully Dave's absense isn't due to the fact that he got over zealous with the welding.
    JonnyGURU Posted 4-1-08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidhammock200 View Post
    Heat failures are not usually every X hours, they are usually more random or event driven.
    yeah sometimes its random too.

in the scenario of heat problem...... how do i fix it? once its affected by heat failiure, is there a cure?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by HooHee View Post
    yeah sometimes its random too.

in the scenario of heat problem...... how do i fix it? once its affected by heat failiure, is there a cure?
    You cleaned it out. Next is to re-seat the CPU heatsink with new TIM. Check North Bridge temps as they often need active cooling, also make sure all of your fans are working.
    JonnyGURU Posted 4-1-08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's possible that piece of shit dynex psu has damaged the rest of the components
    Rig 1: Phenom II X2 550-Asus M5A78L-MLX--2x4 Patriot DDR3 1333--Asus Formula HD4770--Enermax Triathlor 450--LG Flatron W2252TQ--Win 10 x64
    Rig 2: Core i3 6300--Asrock Z170M Extreme4--2x8 Adata DDR4 2400--EVGA GTX 750Ti--Corsair CX500M--Corsair Hydro H55--Windows 7 x64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrWicked1968 View Post
    it's possible that piece of shit dynex psu has damaged the rest of the components
    i have a feeling about that too. this dynex i bought is only 14.00 and it does have sign of defective. the psu sound like "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" for 10sec when booting.

in the scenario that the crap dynex has damaged some of the components in the computer, is there a cure? like say it damanged the ethernet holem is there a cure?

or say it damanged the mobo is there a cure?

Quote Originally Posted by davidhammock200 View Post
    You cleaned it out. Next is to re-seat the CPU heatsink with new TIM. Check North Bridge temps as they often need active cooling, also make sure all of your fans are working.
    what TIM? you mean thermale paste? i might do that then

what program to check north bridge temps? i only got everest free edition from long time ago and it dont show temps. i think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*cringes at the thought of a $14 PSU*

I have seen crappy PSUs like that damage systems before and there's little you can do but replace the damaged components and move on. In one system a cheap L&C PSU took out the HDD and GPU. Both still semi-worked, but never reliably. That PSU got trashed and replaced with a HEC one (not perfect, but a heck of a lot better).