Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Load Tester project finished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow.

Very nice Load Tester. If you're possibly considering a bigger box, maybe an Antec 1200 with the giant fan on top and all the fans in front? The modular drive cages with an attached fan might be just the thing for cooling your load with maybe a bit less noise.

That's a particularly nice job on the software. That looks like you know your way around programming and getting the interface going. You do something like that for a living, right? If you don't you probably could.

Now all you have to do is find some PSUs to test!

With a monster like that, be sure that you have permission to let the magic smoke out before testing anything for anyone. Nothing will wreck friendships faster than a badly placed "Bang". Well, OK, Lots of stuff can do that equally fast.

Make absolutely certain the owner of any PSU being tested understands the risk.

Have Fun,
    Keri

PS.
    I can't say much for trying to interest computer shops in load testing PSUs.
    I tried this without success. No one seems interested in testing anything. Not even discarded PSUs.
    Admittedly, I only asked around at two places so far.
    Not an Oscilloscope in sight but plenty of low-budget junk in stock that makes Diablotek look great.

Logic would indicate that inferior parts and poor testing methodology = high failure rate = poor reputation = out of business.

But they persist. How? Why? Some of the ones I've met wouldn't know Ripple from Yogurt. How can people not see technical cluelessness?
    The More You Learn, The Less You Know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KeriJane View Post
    PS.
    I can't say much for trying to interest computer shops in load testing PSUs.
    I tried this without success. No one seems interested in testing anything. Not even discarded PSUs.
    I don't see why they would bother since that wouldn't help their business and it would be a considerable investment. Why test PSUs with sites like this one to do it instead? And most customers are interested in buying the cheapest parts available, not the best ones.
    Main: i5 2500K@4.6GHz w/Zalman CNPS10X Performa, Intel DZ68BC, 8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600, PNY GTX 470 + EVGA GTX 470, ASUS Xonar DX, ADATA S510 120GB, Samsung 1TB F3+1TB F1+2TB F4, Kingwin LZG 1kW, Lian-Li PC-9F, Dell U2212HM+S2209W, Win7 Professional.
    Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, i5 2410M, 8GB DDR3-1333, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1GB, Intel X25-M 80GB, Seagate Momentus 750GB, Win7 Home Premium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KeriJane View Post
    Wow.

Very nice Load Tester. If you're possibly considering a bigger box, maybe an Antec 1200 with the giant fan on top and all the fans in front? The modular drive cages with an attached fan might be just the thing for cooling your load with maybe a bit less noise.

That's a particularly nice job on the software. That looks like you know your way around programming and getting the interface going. You do something like that for a living, right? If you don't you probably could.

Now all you have to do is find some PSUs to test!

Have Fun,
    Keri
    thanks Keri! Actually I built this load tester in order to test PSUs for a Greek IT forum and I have already made, so far, 11 PSU reviews.

As for the programming part, besides my academia career its my passion .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The relays are doing a great work and have simplified the PSU testing a lot! I have already done 5 PSU reviews since I installed them.

some major updates to my Faganas ATE program (which I am working/updating almost every day )

All testing data is feeded automatically to this table and with the press of a button is converted to HTML code (for forum use )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

sneak peak of one of my "soon to released" reviews