Thread: PSU power patch board

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default PSU power patch board

Does anyone know where I can find a board like the below that would take the leads of my test loader and connect them via the appropriate molex connectors to the PSU.

http://www.pc-experience.de/Bilder-R...maxpoint.2.jpg

If i read it right (the review is in German) the reviewer says that it is an Enhance Multinetzteil-Platine
    Last edited by crmaris; 04-15-2010 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a custom made load board...costs thousands of dollars. I think maybe you'll want to just construct a "harness" using female connectors. That load board is implementing a lot of specific automated tests. Maybe I'm wrong and you can find a universal one that suits your purposes.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have already made custom connectors but I want one of these boards. The problem is that I must first find one and I am too lazy to make one.

[off topic] here you will find the review of Silverstone ST1500 that I have made with my custom made Load Tester (named Faganas). I managed to load it with 125Amps in the 12V rails

http://www.thelab.gr/showthread.php?...#content_start

a teaser

I am waiting for an Extech power analyzer to implement the on the fly efficiency calculation in my program.

And in about a month I am gonna install some electromagnetic relays to fully control the load tester through my program. I have already wrote most of the code. [in the screenshot bellow the program is running in demo mode]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice! You've done some really great work with your testing setup. I look forward to seeing it when it's fully completed.
    Main: i5 2500K@4.6GHz w/Zalman CNPS10X Performa, Intel DZ68BC, 8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600, PNY GTX 470 + EVGA GTX 470, ASUS Xonar DX, ADATA S510 120GB, Samsung 1TB F3+1TB F1+2TB F4, Kingwin LZG 1kW, Lian-Li PC-9F, Dell U2212HM+S2209W, Win7 Professional.
    Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, i5 2410M, 8GB DDR3-1333, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1GB, Intel X25-M 80GB, Seagate Momentus 750GB, Win7 Home Premium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah that's real slick...just curious what you're using to measure AC watts in the interim there? Also dunno why the rise time slew rate changes dramatically at the scopes trigger point but at least you don't have that anomalous dip that OW does...that's just not right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

For the moment I use a simple kill-a-watt but in the following week I will have in my hands a Prova WM01 power analyzer (which is exactly the same with an Extech one and costs about 890$ new).

I am gonna write some code to get 2 times per sec the real AC watts from the power analyzer through its serial port and in conjuction with the current DC watts (which i calculate through some shunt resistors and the appropriate op-ams) i will be able to calculate in real time the efficiency.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

if anyone wants a cheap power patch board he can use/modify a modular connector panel, at least for the PCIE, EPS and the ATX connectors. I tested the modular connector panel of a silverstone ST750 and the ATX,PCIE and EPS connectors fitted perfectly.