Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC Power and Cooling, what's up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think OCZ are doing too well financially. The DRAM market is no longer the cash cow. It seems that all their eggs are in the SSD basket. The non-server power supply market seems awash with many companies with good products, a tough market to survive. I won't be surprised if the PCP brand name is reserved for the server segment alone.

Also, the cash dilemma is not limited to OCZ alone (although they may be the most visible company struggling a bit). Anybody heard anything about Mushkin lately?
    Software readings are crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it seems to me that small companies are becoming pointless. mushkin, jetway, soyo, leadtek. all dodo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On the other hand, smaller crappy companies like solytech, youngyear, leadman, and keerda keep surviving.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFK
    The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its because a vast majority of shops put them in builds they make. our shop repairs computers and i seldom get any custom builds with FSPs or antecs. when i say seldom, i mean its been less than ten times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

I believe that we will soon see at least 2-new lines of PSU's from PC P&C based on more profitable platforms. The "lower line" consumer units will either be exclusively modular or at least most models will have a modular option & come with (for them) quiet fans.
    Yes. One of the last commincations I had with Dave Hammock before he disappeared from the web was how a major brand single +12V rail PSU wasn't shutting down when shorted. We were literally arc welding with the PSU. Hopefully Dave's absense isn't due to the fact that he got over zealous with the welding.
    JonnyGURU Posted 4-1-08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've been not so subtly hinting that they should pick up the modular big fanned Win-Tact 1kW for some time... hoping that's what the future holds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidhammock200 View Post
    I believe that we will soon see at least 2-new lines of PSU's from PC P&C based on more profitable platforms. The "lower line" consumer units will either be exclusively modular or at least most models will have a modular option & come with (for them) quiet fans.
    That sounds more like wishful thinking than something that could actually happen .
    Main: i5 2500K@4.6GHz w/Zalman CNPS10X Performa, Intel DZ68BC, 8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600, PNY GTX 470 + EVGA GTX 470, ASUS Xonar DX, ADATA S510 120GB, Samsung 1TB F3+1TB F1+2TB F4, Kingwin LZG 1kW, Lian-Li PC-9F, Dell U2212HM+S2209W, Win7 Professional.
    Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, i5 2410M, 8GB DDR3-1333, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1GB, Intel X25-M 80GB, Seagate Momentus 750GB, Win7 Home Premium.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
    That sounds more like wishful thinking than something that could actually happen .
    they would certainly have to post a retraction about all their "power supply myths"

or knowing them...they will just act as if that page never existed
    "There is no way you can be Harvard Monday through Friday, and try to be Alabama on Saturday" -Art Guepe former University of Virginia head football coach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They will just make a page about how modular connectors actually make the voltages better somehow.

And fanboys everywhere will accept it as fact and also act as if PC P&C never said modular was worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFK
    The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
    We don't have long to wait, I was told Halloween, just in time for the holidays was the plan.
    Yes. One of the last commincations I had with Dave Hammock before he disappeared from the web was how a major brand single +12V rail PSU wasn't shutting down when shorted. We were literally arc welding with the PSU. Hopefully Dave's absense isn't due to the fact that he got over zealous with the welding.
    JonnyGURU Posted 4-1-08