View Poll Results: Shall I keep doing that low load efficiency test?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 88.89%
  • No

3 11.11%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corsair HX850 Review

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally, I don't really care for efficiency at 50W or 100W. I', more concerned about how well the unit regulates. Yep, I'm an evil tree burner..
    Software readings are crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Super Nade View Post
    Personally, I don't really care for efficiency at 50W or 100W. I', more concerned about how well the unit regulates. Yep, I'm an evil tree burner..
    What he said.
    Good job, OW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HOOfan_1 View Post
    Notice that the picture of the unit on the back of the box, is not sleaved all the way into the housing....obviously Corsair must have seen the feedback on the web and gone back to CWT and required them to sleave all the way into the housing.
    Dunno, but to me, the unit on the packaging looks more like the HX1000, because the fan is smack in the middle, unlike on the 850. And the power button which you can almost make out, is the big chunky type.

Rig 1: Core i5 6600K - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Corsair Vengeance 16GB PC2666 RAM - MSI GeForce GTX1070 - Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD + 2TB Seagate SSHD - Corsair RM550x - Fractal Design R5 - Win10 64

Rig 2: Ryzen 1700X @ 3.9 GHz - Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5 - Corsair LPX 16GB PC3200 RAM - Gigabyte GeForce 1070 - 250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Corsair RM650i - Win10 64
    HTPC: AMD A6-6400k - MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 mITX - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz - 3.5TB storage - Silver Power 460W passive - CM Elite 120

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Dunno, but to me, the unit on the packaging looks more like the HX1000, because the fan is smack in the middle, unlike on the 850. And the power button which you can almost make out, is the big chunky type.
    You're right, the power stich also rocks horizontally instead of vertically, and the blue connectors are right next to the hardwired connectors, unlike on the HX850
    "There is no way you can be Harvard Monday through Friday, and try to be Alabama on Saturday" -Art Guepe former University of Virginia head football coach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On one hand, there's no point in being overly paranoid about a computer's power usage since it's such a meager portion of the total power usage in a household. On the other hand, the overclocking/PC enthusiast community (like the audiophile, ricer, gamer, et cetera communities) is full of idiots that deserve nothing less than to not be allowed to build systems that draw more than 250W of power. Emphasizing low load efficiency indirectly (in its own almost-insignificant way) pushes the agenda of shutting up the script kiddie overclockers. The end justifies the means for me here, so I vote yes: keep doing the low load tests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2 one star reviews on newegg because it smells like paint and the moderators let that tripe get by?

"it might have lead and be dangerous"...my guess is that author ate plenty of lead paint chips when he was a kid.
    "There is no way you can be Harvard Monday through Friday, and try to be Alabama on Saturday" -Art Guepe former University of Virginia head football coach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HOOfan_1 View Post
    2 one star reviews on newegg because it smells like paint and the moderators let that tripe get by?

"it might have lead and be dangerous"...my guess is that author ate plenty of lead paint chips when he was a kid.
    lol. that's the smell of factory fresh, not buying used an having it smell like an ash tray or a cat. i hope he wouldn't complain about a "new car" smell after buying one fresh off the lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sn_85 View Post
    lol. that's the smell of factory fresh, not buying used an having it smell like an ash tray or a cat. i hope he wouldn't complain about a "new car" smell after buying one fresh off the lot.

Or buying his comprehensive sandwich and complaining it dosen't smell like socks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFK
    The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm enjoying the review. thx OW !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

great review OW!!!

is there any chance at seeing a picture of you hotbox setup?
    Future Build: Thermaltake Spedo Advance Package | Corsair HX1000 | Sapphire Pure CrossFireX PC-AM2RD790 | Phenom 9950 | Scythe SCINF-1000 | G.SKILL DDR2 1066 2GB X2 | SAPPHIRE 4870 X 2 separate cards | Seagate 1TB | Logitech G11 | CyberPower Intelligent LCD 1500VA 900W | Samsung 22" Wide X2

Current Desktop: coming soon!

Laptop: coming soon!