Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: raidmax rx-730ss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default raidmax rx-730ss

Ok before i start i know that i have read 101 reviews and post's saying how horrible raidmax is. But i have a question.

I have this system as is:
    MoBo: MSI MS-7125
    RAM: 4X512mb DDR2
    GPU: MSI 9400GT
    CPU: AMD athlon 64 processor 3000+ ~1.8GHz
    HDD: 1X SATA 1Tb seagate barracuda 7200.11
    2X IDE (one 160gb and one 320gb)
    and ofc fans and DVD writer.

I think that is all the specs i need to give?

Now this system is currently running off a generic PROCASE 300W PSU that is so horrible i can't connect my 2 IDE's and i get performance issues which i am guessing are PSU related.

Now i have a special for the RAIDMAX Sagittarius case with the raidmax rx-730ss for an extremely good price. I live in south africa and PC components and prices are extremely expensive. For example a OCZ GameXStream Power Supply - 700w alone is slightly more in price. A link to the RAIDMAX site specifications of the PSU http://www.raidmax.com/specs/RX730SS.html.

I am 17 and do not have money for expensive top notch parts. I don't see myself doing much to my rig in the near future other than maybe adding another high capacity sata drive. I mostly play games like DotA and will probably start a lil CoD etc as i just got this computer (hand down from mom) and added the GFX card.

Any advice? is it worth going for the deal? As i was looking for a new case as well and i really like the look of the case. But like i said all i read is bad comments :=/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok i have done some more research. You PSU guru's will know what that system i mentioned needs, i have found this PSU "Cooler Master Extreme Power PSU - 550w" for slightly over half the price of that combo. Is it more recommended to go for this PSU and keep my current chassis and maybe later upgrade chassis? One thing is i liked the Modular design on the RAIDMAX.

Ideas?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about the Corsair CX400, Antec Earthwatts 380W, BFG LS450...do you see any of those available for a reasonable price?

As for the Raidmax...it isn't much of a 730W supply, but I am pretty sure it is a mediocre Andyson build that would do ok with your components
    "There is no way you can be Harvard Monday through Friday, and try to be Alabama on Saturday" -Art Guepe former University of Virginia head football coach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is the Antec for roughly 2/3 of the price for that combo.

Here is the selection of PSU's that i would probably have easy access to. http://www.take2.co.za/list.php?type...=351&parent=92

To give an idea that combo is R1366 (you can look at that figure to compare prices on take2)

And you say the raidmax will run the system fine? yes i won't be pushing much out of the PSU and so i thought it is possibly a good idea. But will it have a good chance of failure and causing problems? or do you think it should be pretty stable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Antec NSK4480 or NSK6580 cases both come with good quality PSUs for around the same price as the Raidmax combo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The case in those antec combo's isn't what i was really looking for. :-/ I'd rather keep current case and get a alright psu tbh. But i am really wanting a beter looking case (and i like the gamers cases, remember i'm 17 :P)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the Corsair CX400 can be had for about the same price as the CM 550w.

there's also the 470w gigabyte Odin for R510 and the 585w Odin is R714, can't find much info on either of those. Based on those prices, they definitely aren't in the same league as the Odin GT and Odin Pro PSU's.
    Rig 1: Phenom II X2 550-Asus M5A78L-MLX--2x4 Patriot DDR3 1333--Asus Formula HD4770--Enermax Triathlor 450--LG Flatron W2252TQ--Win 10 x64
    Rig 2: Core i3 6300--Asrock Z170M Extreme4--2x8 Adata DDR4 2400--EVGA GTX 750Ti--Corsair CX500M--Corsair Hydro H55--Windows 7 x64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Avoid crapmax if you can. I have experience with the 600W version of that unit. It died within two hours (silent death).
    Software readings are crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Super Nade View Post
    Avoid crapmax if you can. I have experience with the 600W version of that unit. It died within two hours (silent death).
    Did you open it up? Was it Andyson?

Crapmax could that apply to both Raidmax and Coolmax?
    "There is no way you can be Harvard Monday through Friday, and try to be Alabama on Saturday" -Art Guepe former University of Virginia head football coach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The corsair. Will that 400W unit be enough to power my rig? with perhaps the 2 IDE's replaced with 2 1tb+ SATA drives?

Any other suggestions on exactly what to do?