Thread: Can you help me with power supply cable tools?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Can you help me with power supply cable tools?

The modular power supply I have, a 750 watt Seventeam, came missing, possibly from the manufacturer, one of the cables for 4 pin molex power. I was kindly given tons of cables from the seller so that I could see if any of them would work. None did as far as configuration of the pins @ the power supply plugin.

I just bought a 4 tool kit for working on power supply cables and I can't figure out how to use them to get the wires out of the modular end of one of the spare cables so that I can swap modular ends to make a useable cable.

One tool is like a needle, but thicker. Another is just like it but has two needles, one tool has tubes on both ends, and one tool has 4 teeth/pins on it. Which tool do I use, where and how do I insert it, or do I need some other tool than what came with this Sunbeamtech kit?

Help, please!

EDIT:

Nobody? I really need some help if at all possible. Isn't there someone here that has done mod work on their power supply cables? Jonny? Wolf? Someone?

EDIT 2:

Nevermind guys, I finally figured it out. The two prong tool goes in to the plug in side and sideways. I had tried this, but I didn't pull on the wires with the needed force, a LOT of force, I had to use a wrench. Part of the reason was that particular cable connector held the pins harder than other connectors.
    Last edited by signmeuptoo; 04-24-2009 at 04:53 AM.
    System #1: DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR; Athy 64 s939 4800 Toledo (MKII) @ 3.01GHz w/Thermalright XP-120 Lapped & Panaflo w/Coollabs Liquid Metal compound; 2 x 1GB Team Xtreem Cronus Micron 5B-f DDR-500; EVGA 7950GT; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum; 6prt Adaptec USB card; SevenTeam ST750Z-AF Modular supply; ASUS DRW 1608DW burner NEC 3520a burner; Seagate 7200.10 750GB SATAII HD; Seagate 7200.10 ES 500 GB SATAII HD; Excelstor 80GB SATAI HD; Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 UWK; it's modest, but paid for