2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    i wish cwt takes it to another level
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=125

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Given the quality & price of the Corsair HX1000, the TT was yesterday...
    Yes. One of the last commincations I had with Dave Hammock before he disappeared from the web was how a major brand single +12V rail PSU wasn't shutting down when shorted. We were literally arc welding with the PSU. Hopefully Dave's absense isn't due to the fact that he got over zealous with the welding.
    JonnyGURU Posted 4-1-08

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidhammock200 View Post
    the TT was yesterday...
    Yeah I found it rather odd that Thermaltake was pushing out such an old unit for review. I suppose, they are just trying to keep their name on the tip of our tounges.

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Wolf View Post
    Time for a company with some actual market presence to bring out a DSR based PSU. Hopefully one that will slap CWT upside the head and say give us threadlocker on our screws and give us cables sleeved into the casing.
    Last edited by HOOfan_1; 03-17-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: I was wrong about the warranty, so I just removed that whole sentence
    "There is no way you can be Harvard Monday through Friday, and try to be Alabama on Saturday" -Art Guepe former University of Virginia head football coach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't usually comment about reviews but I have to chime in here. In my opinion 18" is NOT enough length for main cables on a 1Kw PSU. As a matter of fact, it is a travesty.

For any of the newer E-ATX cases with a bottom mounted PSU location you will need a MINIMUM of a 20" 8-pin cable if you want to do any kind of cable routing. The same goes for the length of the PCI-E cables when setting up dual GPU setup with a top mounted PSU.

Paul, I think you may have to reevaluate your thoughts on what is an acceptable cable length.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Skymtl

+1
    you do have a point, my es800 had a short 24pin cable...twas awful, huge wattages but with short wires suck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know this first hand actually since I had a Toughpower 1200W PSU installed into a THERMALTAKE case and the PCI-E cables wouldn't reach the bottom card in a Crossfire setup. I had to use the bloody 8-pin to 6-pin adaptors for some needed length:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    I don't usually comment about reviews but I have to chime in here. In my opinion 18" is NOT enough length for main cables on a 1Kw PSU. As a matter of fact, it is a travesty.

For any of the newer E-ATX cases with a bottom mounted PSU location you will need a MINIMUM of a 20" 8-pin cable if you want to do any kind of cable routing. The same goes for the length of the PCI-E cables when setting up dual GPU setup with a top mounted PSU.

Paul, I think you may have to reevaluate your thoughts on what is an acceptable cable length.
    Quite frankly I don't give a shit about cable length. The numbers are there for people to figure out if it will fit in their setup or not. If people can't be bothered to bust out a tape measure and figure that out that is not my problem or the power supplies. That is all, and that is all the numbers will ever mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre
    Quite frankly I don't give a shit about cable length. The numbers are there for people to figure out if it will fit in their setup or not. If people can't be bothered to bust out a tape measure and figure that out that is not my problem or the power supplies. That is all, and that is all the numbers will ever mean.
    This is your choice, not to share with everyone else what you know - if cables are right or not for any kind of tower cases. Unfortunately, this attitude doesn't do you any good. Quite the opposite.
    GOD uses all of us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisTian View Post
    This is your choice, not to share with everyone else what you know - if cables are right or not for any kind of tower cases. Unfortunately, this attitude doesn't do you any good. Quite the opposite.
    You have the length to the first connector which is everything you need. In order to "share with everyone else what you know" I would have to own every kind of tower case and fit the unit and motherboards in order to actually know. I don't. So I do "share with everyone else what you know".