Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my little rant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madmat View Post
    Got a pic? I put an 850SSI PCP&C into the Armor and it blocked the top fan by quite a bit but that was the only issue. Otherwise it worked just fine and I fail to see how the cables are hitting anything below the PSU as they exit the end of the PSU and are on a plane above the mobo.
    my spelling in english is terrible and i have an hard time explaining whats happening =)
    On this case the power supply goes in vertically. With this power supply i can only put it in one way vertically and if i try and swap it the other way, the switch where the power cord goes in will not go into the slot it gets stuck. Now in the only way it goes in(and i have to give it a good push to actually fit in) i have the part of the cables that are connected to the power supply that are facing the bottom.This power supply has long cables and quite a few of them so for me it would of been much easyer if i could get them facing upwards instead of down. So now practically i have this massive blob of cables taking all my space in the case and the main one that goes to the motherboard comes right infront of the cpu cooler and barely touches it. On top of that this case has a mechanism that locks the power supply from the back, its a little iron bracket that goes behidn the power supply and locks the power supply from the back. And with this power supply i cant use it and when i put the power supply in it scratched the side of my power supply lol.
    Hope you can understand =/ i dont have a digital camera sorry or i would post picks of the case and me smashing it from behind =)

PS that looks exactly like my case is it the kandalf?

see like you have your power supply you have the part where the cables are attached to the power supply are facing upwards on mine i can only have them facing down and if i switch position on the power supply it wont fit.
    Last edited by spaceman; 12-02-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's the Armor, same case aside from the front. Again, got a picture of what's happening? I can't get my head around your description.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ill post a pick later on tonight ill ask my friend to borrow is digital camera.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great, I'd like to help you come up with a solution. To date the Armor was my favorite case to work with, tons of room in that baby. Not to say that there's not room for improvement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    You know what's funny...

Any Thermaltake power supply would fit that Thermaltake case.
    Lol...not many would buy one though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use the Kandalf case, and have no problems with mounting the PSU, but then mine is just the regular size.
    I didn't bother with that locking bar for the PSU.........mainly because I couldn't quite figure out how to mount it I don't think it matters that much as the PSU is resting on the top bars and is screwed to the case anyway.
    I don't know how much bigger the Zeus is over a regular unit, but there is plenty of room between the rear of the PSU and the rear of any opticals mounted up top.
    I've used a non modular and currently a modular PSU, and the cables don't really cause a problem either in this Kandalf.
    Sure, it's not perfect, but I find very few niggles with it.
    Windows 10-64bit-Windows 7 Home-64bit - Phanteks Primo case - Corsair HX850i PSU - Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 - i7-6700K(Bios F21) - Corsair H110i GTX AIO cooler - Corsair LPX 2 x 8GB 2666Mhz memory - Creative ZxRi Onboard sound - 2 x Samsung 950 256GB Nvme 256GB M.2 - 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD - 1 x Intel 750 400GB Pci-e - EVGA GTX FTW ACX2.0 980Ti - Dell 27" G-Sync 2560 x 1440 (main) - Dell 24" (secondary) 1920 x 1200 monitors.