Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my little rant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default my little rant

Here is my little rant to express how PISSED OFF i am with thermaltake right now.
    I recently purchased a silverstone zeus 850w power supply and the case i own is a thermaltake kandalf alluminum full tower case that i payed over 300$ canadian dollars for.
    This case will not properly fit my power supply i had to remove all the usb ports from the top of the case , in order to fit it in in and even when i did this it would not fit properly. It will only fit on a cetain way and the cables end up hitting against my zelman 7700 cpu cooler.
    I think thermaltake should really be ashamed of them selfes and stay away from this case if you have a big power supply.
    unbelievable im at a lost of words right now cause im probably gona have to spend another 300$ for a new case.

this is the case http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...582&CatId=1510 , i really dont understand how this company`s can get away with stuff like this. The silverstone is a popular power supplu ic ant believe this guys at thermaltake didnt take the time to check compatibility with theyr cases and power supply?
    And before i purchased this case i saw tons of reviews all sayng what a great case this is .
    Last edited by spaceman; 12-02-2006 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's why you do your homework on the size of the PSU your planning on buying, especially after you already bought a $200+ case
    MSI P67A-GD65
    i72600K@4.8
    Corsair H70
    4x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 16Gb 1600
    MSI 670 GTX PE/OC
    2x750Gb Seagate Barracuda's RAID 0
    Zalman ZM-MFC1
    Lite-On Dvd burner
    SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro
    Silverstone Zeus ST85ZF
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    "Experience is the benchmark of maturity"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its still a shame that a top of the line full tower case cannot fit one of the most popular power supply on the market=/
    Im not an expert at this and when i spend 300$ dollars on a case i expect the company to do the homework for me.
    Or maybe thermaltake doesnt want silverstone power supplys to fit in theyr case =/
    When i bought this case i had in mind for it to last me for several years that is why i spent that kind of money on this case , i can only immagine if i had bought an enermax galaxy power supply instead of the silverstone.
    The first thing i noticed when i bought this case was that the side panel wouldnt close properly and had to be closed using screws and on top of it all this case has a new mechanism for locking your graphic card and audio card into the pci slot and pci express slots, it uses this little green levers that you slide up and down to lock them into position and one of them snapped on me and i had my audio card that was stuck in and almost broke it.
    This are signs of a terrible company and im gona stay away from anything thermaltake makes from now on.
    Last edited by spaceman; 12-02-2006 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel your pain
    I had to gut the bottom tier on my P180{removed the 120mm fan and the chassis that it was connected to}, just to get my Zeus to fit
    Then again, you can't blame the case maker, there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all.
    Last edited by CAD4466HK; 12-02-2006 at 10:48 AM.
    MSI P67A-GD65
    i72600K@4.8
    Corsair H70
    4x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 16Gb 1600
    MSI 670 GTX PE/OC
    2x750Gb Seagate Barracuda's RAID 0
    Zalman ZM-MFC1
    Lite-On Dvd burner
    SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro
    Silverstone Zeus ST85ZF
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    "Experience is the benchmark of maturity"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$300 on a case is insane! Where is my money tree?

You could sell the case and get a new one, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am going to buy a silverstone case now , i have no idea why i didnt do that in the first place im so stupid =/
    This is the case im gona buy i guess http://www.canadacomputers.com/index...258&cid=CS.220
    Has a motherboard removable tray and tons of space in it . I guess i was suckered in by the nice blue lights on the thermaltake case.

I forgot to mention that i also had to remove the motherboard to try and fit the power supply in lol.

yes Super hopefully ill be able to sale it on ebay=/ and get the silverstone instead. I just made this rant to warn people to stay away from this case, very far away =)
    I dont want to spend that much on a case but most top of the line case sale for over 250$ anything cheaper then that and i might run in the same problem, The new silverstone case sales for almost 500$ look =/ http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...116&CatId=1510
    I was shocke dwhen i saw this lol , im sure it would last for years a case like this.
    I really dont like cases that put power supplys vertically and some of them put them on the bottom , then i have to fight with all the cables not getting in the way of my cpu cooler.
    The flaw with the thermaltake case is that the power supply is mounted vertically and for this reason the width of the case is small compared to other cases and that is why the power supply wont fit.If they only had mounted the power supply slot orizontally this would of not been a problem.
    Last edited by spaceman; 12-02-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Its not their fault your PSU doesn't fit their case. The case is designed to allow a standard ATX PSU to fit. Your PSU is not the same size as a standard ATX PSU. Its also not their responsibility to research which power supplies will fit in their cases. That is a responsibility that is left up to the person building the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    286 Posts

You know what's funny...

Any Thermaltake power supply would fit that Thermaltake case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

doesnt matter anymore im selling the case anyways , but im sure that this power supply would fit on a lian-li case or a silverstone case. They just have better experience in building pc cases and have a little more brain into reasearching what are the most used power supplye`s on the market and make sure theyr cases fiT with this power supply`s.
    Sure its my responsability to make sure the power supply fits my case but i think its also theyr responsibility to figure out what are the top ranked and most used PS on the market so they can actually sale theyr cases to people that buy this units.
    Im 100 percent sure any thermaltake power supply will fit in this case.Companys like thermaltake make more then just PC cases and im pretty sure that companys like this try and make sure that everything you buy has a thermaltake logo on it , who are we kiding =/

PS exactly my point jonny=) Plus the zeus is not the biggest power supply out there, immagine if i had purchased the enermax galaxy lol?
    Last edited by spaceman; 12-02-2006 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a pic? I put an 850SSI PCP&C into the Armor and it blocked the top fan by quite a bit but that was the only issue. Otherwise it worked just fine and I fail to see how the cables are hitting anything below the PSU as they exit the end of the PSU and are on a plane above the mobo.

Here's an example:

And with everything in the case:

As you can see the PSU is huge yet it works like a champ, too bad it's loud as hell.
    Last edited by madmat; 12-02-2006 at 12:41 PM.