Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creepy stalker like behavior on eBay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Default Creepy stalker like behavior on eBay

So I was selling something on eBay....

This guy, we'll just refer to as "ebayn00b2008" sends me a message asking me to stop my now two day old auction and honor my already passed Buy It Now price (FYI: Buy It Now prices "disappear" after bidding begins.)

This is against eBay rules, and I know I can get more for the item, so I ignore the mail.

Finally the same guy wins the auction. Guess what!? At a higher price than the Buy It Now price (I knew it)! He then sends me an email telling me that he sent the payment. I also get an email from Paypal stating that a payment was received. Knowing that Paypal sent him an email stating that the payment was received by me, I choose to ignore the email.

Next, I get an email from the guy asking me to send him tracking as soon as I have it. Well, of course. I stated in the auction that I will be using FedEx Ground to ship and that tracking #'s will be provided. I haven't shipped the package yet (hasn't even been 24 hours since the auction ended) so I don't have tracking, therefore I have nothing to email.

This all went down yesterday afternoon guys.. ok... this isn't like over the course of a week.....

Last night while I was sleeping, an email landed in my inbox from... guess who? ebayn00b2008! In it he states that "we got off on the wrong foot" and that he can't understand why I haven't replied to his email asking to stop the auction, telling me I've received funds, and receive tracking when available.

Now, I'm no eBay pro, but I have almost 200 feedbacks and a 100% rating. Even split of buyers and sellers. This guy has 10 feedbacks and 9 are from sellers.

I explain to the guy that I do eBay a little more casual than he might. It's more of an automated process for me which includes the laborous acts of posting the auction, taking the box to Kinkos and emailing the tracking number to the buyer. I'm under no obligation to do any more than that unless I take unusually long to ship or my cat pisses on the item before I can ship it and I have to offer a refund.

I scroll through my emails a bit more and find one from eBay with a 1:05AM time stamp. Essentially, ebaynoob2008 requested my personal information from eBay and eBay supplied it to him. Name, address.. cell phone number. *sigh*

If this guy calls me, I'm going to use cat shit as packing material and take the potential negative feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    If this guy calls me, I'm going to use cat shit as packing material and take the potential negative feedback.
    Didn't ebay change ti recently so buyers can't neg sellers? Or something like that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

I don't see how or why they would do that. If someone sent me a broken piece of shit, they're getting negative feedback... as they should.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    I don't see how or why they would do that. If someone sent me a broken piece of shit, they're getting negative feedback... as they should.
    Whoops sorry it was the other way:

In May, sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

And that sucks in it's own way too. Like if someone doesn't pay or is late to pay, etc.

My feedback rating was actually upped from 99% to 100% because of this rule change and you know what... fair's fair. I bid on two items at the same time thinking it was the same auction. It wasn't and I ended up not paying on the duplicate auction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ebay should not be giving out personal information, at least not before they come to you and ask about the situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

They shouldn't, but guess what? They do. They emailed all of my personal info to ebayn00b2008 and simply CC'd me:

Dear np_exports and jonnyguru,

This message is an automated reply to a contact information request made by np_exports. This request is related to item # XXXXXXXXXX.

Important Usage Guidelines

1. This contact information should only be used for resolving matters related to eBay. Any other use is strictly prohibited.
    2. Use of this information to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not permitted. Items purchased outside of eBay are not eligible for eBay services.

Contact Information for jonnyguru:
    Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    User ID: jonnyguru
    Name: XXXXXXX
    Company: XXXXXXXX
    City: XXXXXXXX
    State: XX
    Phone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
    Registered Since: Sunday, Sep 19, 1999 11:38:16 PST

Contact Information for XXXXXXX:
    Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    User ID: XXXXXXX
    Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Company: XXXXXXXXXX
    City: XXXXXXXXXX
    State: XX
    Phone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
    Registered Since: Friday, Sep 28, 2007 17:38:13 PST

Note: eBay has strict policies related to members' contact information. More information on these policies and reporting violations can be found at the following address: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/identity-ov.html If you feel your telephone number is being used for harassment, contact your phone company to report the situation. If you receive calls that threaten your property or personal safety, you may also report the incident to your local law enforcement agency. Thank you for using eBay! http://pages.ebay.com/
    They have strict policies related to members' contact information yet don't hesitate to release said information to a noob that's been using eBay for less than a year and only 10 feedbacks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like that..

we have strict policies about giving out information, and if giving out said information causes problems for you...that is your problem, you figure it out.
    What a nice way to operate, no wonder people have begun to hate ebay so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

FYI: I told him I'd email him with tracking and he just emailed me again asking for tracking. *sigh*