Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Corsiar 650TX

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Corsiar 650TX

I have read the reviews on the Corsiar VX550 (may end up with) and 750TX (which is a little expensive and maybe a little over kill even for upgrades down the road...

I do not see a review here on the 650TX? Do you guys consider this a good power supply...as good as the VX550 abd 750TX??

Can some one tell me if the Corsair 650TX is CWT made like the two mentioned above..if there are any review links available...and what you think of th 650TX.

The VX550 for be fine for me at the moment...but I am thinking of upgrades down the line.

The best deal I can find on the Corsair power supplies are at www.buy.com...any one find a site with better prices??

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TX650 is a Seasonic build. Review.
    You can pick any Corsair PSU. All are very good PSU's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On that review...

3. AC RIPPLE refers to unwanted "noise" artifacts in the DC output of a switching power supply. It's usually very high in frequency (in the order of kilohertz or megahertz). The peak-to-peak value is measured. The ATX12V Guide allows up to 120mV (peak-to-peak) of AC ripple on the +12V line and 50mV on the +5V and +3.3V lines. Ripple stayed very low, under 15mv on all lines, until about the 200W output level. Beyond this point, it increased in direct proportion to power putput, and reached a fairly high 94 mV on the 12V line at full load. This is still less than the maximum 120 mV ripple recommended by ATX12V. The higher than expected ripple may be related to our sample's thermal behavior.

Is this something one should worry about...it seems a little high?? Even though it is in spec as the review says?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If it's in spec, there's nothing to worry about. That's why there's a spec.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhog32901 View Post
    On that review...

3. AC RIPPLE refers to unwanted "noise" artifacts in the DC output of a switching power supply. It's usually very high in frequency (in the order of kilohertz or megahertz).....
    The noise in the MHz regime is not really relevant as the strength of the harmonic noise drops with frequency (given that switching noise is predominant).
    Software readings are crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Nade

You are talking over my head...and looking at these power supplies for the last two days makes my head feel like it is going to explode.

I first became concerned about ripple when looking at another brand power supply...check out the 3rd post down...on the below link...very short post...

What concerns me is what the guy said about over clocking...both the cpu and gpu...as the ripple may hold back a decent over clock...and of course..the other items in post 3..here is the linky:

http://bensbargains.net/forum/viewto...3d4ee11c240f53

What I am sort of taken back by...is the 650 Corsair appears to be made by Seasonic..which I thought to be up there with the best.(I am not into power supplies like you guys...but even I have heard about Seasonic)..but the 550 and 750 are made by CWT according to reviews here...and to be honest...going by only the reviews...the 550 and 750 seem to be of the cleanest power...and I can find nothing...any where...negative about that 550..and am sort of leaning that way...

I had never heard of CWT before two days ago...but this is the first reading I have done on power supplies in 4-5 years...my old Antec 430 (which I think is a Seasonic) is still going...but getting sort of old.

I am still reading on this...and find it sort of interesting...but a little mind numbing all at the same time..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in the thread you linked to, they were talking about FSP-built OCZ PSU's. what relevance is that to a Seasonic- or CWT- built Corsair?

Your old antec 430 is most likely a CWT build (unless it's an EA430) filled with problematic caps.

It doesn't matter which Corsair branded PSU you pick, you will be getting a very well made unit. Corsair sets the standard for internal components and Seasonic and CWT build to that standard. That's quite different than OCZ telling FSP to push out a 700w unit as cheaply as possible.
    Rig 1: Phenom II X2 550-Asus M5A78L-MLX--2x4 Patriot DDR3 1333--Asus Formula HD4770--Enermax Triathlor 450--LG Flatron W2252TQ--Win 10 x64
    Rig 2: Core i3 6300--Asrock Z170M Extreme4--2x8 Adata DDR4 2400--EVGA GTX 750Ti--Corsair CX500M--Corsair Hydro H55--Windows 7 x64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhog32901 View Post
    Super Nade

You are talking over my head...and looking at these power supplies for the last two days makes my head feel like it is going to explode.

I first became concerned about ripple when looking at another brand power supply...check out the 3rd post down...on the below link...very short post...

What concerns me is what the guy said about over clocking...both the cpu and gpu...as the ripple may hold back a decent over clock...and of course..the other items in post 3..here is the linky:

http://bensbargains.net/forum/viewto...3d4ee11c240f53

What I am sort of taken back by...is the 650 Corsair appears to be made by Seasonic..which I thought to be up there with the best.(I am not into power supplies like you guys...but even I have heard about Seasonic)..but the 550 and 750 are made by CWT according to reviews here...and to be honest...going by only the reviews...the 550 and 750 seem to be of the cleanest power...and I can find nothing...any where...negative about that 550..and am sort of leaning that way...

I had never heard of CWT before two days ago...but this is the first reading I have done on power supplies in 4-5 years...my old Antec 430 (which I think is a Seasonic) is still going...but getting sort of old.

I am still reading on this...and find it sort of interesting...but a little mind numbing all at the same time..
    Sorry.

If you are not doing tri-SLI the Corsair HX620 or the VX550 would suffice for a home computer, i.e single physical CPU, 4 HDDs, SLI GFX cards.

Now among all of Corsairs products for your application, the CWT built units have higher ripple when compared to the Seasonic built ones, but not by much and well within ATX spec. Bottom line. Ripple is a non-issue.

The CWT units regulate a bit better than the Seasonic units. Again, te difference is negligible. Bottom line:- Regulation concerns are a non-issue.

If I had a choice, I would go with the CWT built units as they are more affordable and I prefer their independent regulation design.
    Software readings are crap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tend to go with the Seasonics because I like the feel of them better.

i.e. the differences between a CWT and a Seasonic build basically come down to personal preference.

94mV at 100% load is really rather good. in either case, are you actually going to fully load the PSU? Very doubtful. As a matter of fact, your efficiency "sweet spot" on a PSU is usually 50% load _anyway_.

And if you've got a component that can't handle 94mV ripple, then that component wasn't build to be able to handle ATX spec which is a completely different problem.
    Official Statement:
    Anything written by "Treshix" should be assumed to be a statement of perception and/or of opinion. "Treshix" is not ruler of the universe, known or unknown, nor is he infallible, always correct, a font of true knowledge, expert in knowledge of any subject, or a master of anything except his left foot, the right only being mastered with aid of a titanium rod. It should also be noted that he has chosen to be a Jack of All Trades instead of a master of one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Corsair sets the standard for internal components and Seasonic and CWT build to that standard. That's quite different than OCZ telling FSP to push out a 700w unit as cheaply as possible.
    Now, you hit the nail right on its top, mate, bull$ eye.
    Intel C2D E8400 @4.2 GHz 495x8.5
    DFI LanParty LT X38-T2R
    DIY Watercooling
    Adata Vitesta Extreme PC6400 4 GB kit *2 @DDR2 990 5-5-5-15
    HIS HD 4870 512 MB @830-1080
    WDC 3200AAKS *2 (RAID 0) + WDC 5000AACS
    DVDRW BenQ DW2000 + DVDRW LG GH20NS10
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Creative Inspire T6600 6.1
    Silverstone Olympia 750w
    TT Kandalf (original)