Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen Shots of new HX-1000?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Screen Shots of new HX-1000?

I liked the review over at [H] on the new HX-1000, good job RB/YB (we need a Blue Beard now, heh!) But here's the thing guys: Too often, etailers and reviewers take photos of dark/black items with too low an exposure. Sure, you need a real camera that lets you set the exposure/override the auto, but I'd love to see some good, visible screenies of the modular connectors on the supply and of the cables.

How soon will clubit and the egg start hawking this beauty?

Congrats to the Corsair team on this one, it sure is nice to be able to suggest to people Corsair, Corsair, Corsair consistently with confidence. It's a shame that companies like Enermax can't fill such a void too.

So how about it, Beards, can we have some nice screenies? Man I'd love to get one of these at some point!
    System #1: DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR; Athy 64 s939 4800 Toledo (MKII) @ 3.01GHz w/Thermalright XP-120 Lapped & Panaflo w/Coollabs Liquid Metal compound; 2 x 1GB Team Xtreem Cronus Micron 5B-f DDR-500; EVGA 7950GT; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum; 6prt Adaptec USB card; SevenTeam ST750Z-AF Modular supply; ASUS DRW 1608DW burner NEC 3520a burner; Seagate 7200.10 750GB SATAII HD; Seagate 7200.10 ES 500 GB SATAII HD; Excelstor 80GB SATAI HD; Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 UWK; it's modest, but paid for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signmeuptoo View Post
    I liked the review over at [H] on the new HX-1000, good job RB/YB (we need a Blue Beard now, heh!) But here's the thing guys: Too often, etailers and reviewers take photos of dark/black items with too low an exposure. Sure, you need a real camera that lets you set the exposure/override the auto, but I'd love to see some good, visible screenies of the modular connectors on the supply and of the cables.

How soon will clubit and the egg start hawking this beauty?

Congrats to the Corsair team on this one, it sure is nice to be able to suggest to people Corsair, Corsair, Corsair consistently with confidence. It's a shame that companies like Enermax can't fill such a void too.

So how about it, Beards, can we have some nice screenies? Man I'd love to get one of these at some point!

I think Newegg has it up right now...at least they did last night.

The modular connectors on the supply end are 6-pin (PCI-E style) for most connectors, and 8-pin (EPS12V style) for all the PCI-Express connectors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well there are a couple of things at play. One I nor my photographer went to art school we are science people Also, those photos have to be GREATLY reduced so our bandwidth doesn't get slammed. And I looked the modular connectors in that review are pretty clear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spectre, I am certainly NOT criticising AT ALL.

It is common for dark things to photo almost like they are lower exposed.

But hey: Photography IS science (at least according to me, I am a student of optics, so, well...) Unless your camera allows increasing the aperture and/or the "shutter speed" (time light hits CCD) manually, it won't be possible to increase the exposure. HOWEVER there IS one trick that helps:

Don't photograph dark objects in front of a light and bright background. The background will influence the automatic logic of the exposure system, because most cameras do averaging of the entire exposure area of a photo, rather than the center.

Here's another trick:

Some cameras let you lock in an exposure by pressing the shutter button down part way, so you can take a large black surface, put it to the side of the camera but at the same distance from you so that the auto focus will come out right, lock in on the exposure to the dark area, keep holding the button there, moving the camera's aim to the subject, and follow through with the depress of the button.

(Yes, I used to be a shutter bug, but even if I wasn't, I studied Optics in college some, so...)

Please don't take offense, I wasn't insulting your work intentionally. Newegg under exposes THEIR photos of dark stuff too a LOT of the time, so do almost ALL sites. This is one reason why enthusiastic photographers prefer SLR cameras, because they have characteristics that better support playing with and achieving special exposures and other effects. Before DSLRs came out, a lot of guys yearned for them because their point and shoot view finder digital cameras just limted them way too much. That said, some point and shoot cameras, the better ones, DO have such settings to at least SOME extent.

I do most of my shooting in manual if I have the choice, and use a hand held light meter and so on. My first non point and shoot camera was a Petre 1.6 IIRC. It looked like a SLR but was only a Viewfinder (no pentaprism in it and no reflex mirror). I wish I still had it, it got stolen, today it would be worth plenty.

I'll go check newegg.

BTW, I just saw a different site's review and can see the connectors, but not the cables. I see that there are six pcs. six pin modular receptacles, so you don't actually get to use ALL the cables that Corsair gives you. Corsair, thoughtfully, in effect, added an "extra" four pin and SATA cables, so you can have whatever you want, such as 4 SATA and 2 Molex hooked up, or 3 and 3, or 2 and 4... That is awesome, and really further takes advantage of their modular implementation, giving more flexibility, IMHO. /me applauds.

Sorry if I offended ANYONE. Last thing I want to do when I think that the review was beautifully done. God Bless.
    System #1: DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR; Athy 64 s939 4800 Toledo (MKII) @ 3.01GHz w/Thermalright XP-120 Lapped & Panaflo w/Coollabs Liquid Metal compound; 2 x 1GB Team Xtreem Cronus Micron 5B-f DDR-500; EVGA 7950GT; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum; 6prt Adaptec USB card; SevenTeam ST750Z-AF Modular supply; ASUS DRW 1608DW burner NEC 3520a burner; Seagate 7200.10 750GB SATAII HD; Seagate 7200.10 ES 500 GB SATAII HD; Excelstor 80GB SATAI HD; Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 UWK; it's modest, but paid for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is one reason why enthusiastic photographers prefer SLR cameras, because they have characteristics that better support playing with and achieving special exposures and other effects. Before DSLRs came out, a lot of guys yearned for them because their point and shoot view finder digital cameras just limted them way too much. That said, some point and shoot cameras, the better ones, DO have such settings to at least SOME extent.
    Heh - I've actually been thinking about replacing the camera I've been using for my reviews with something a bit more flexible. My Nikon 3700 is a decent P&S camera, I just want way more flexibility for the reviews so I don't have to keep re-taking pictures while trying to get the Nikon to behave itself.

Got my eye on a refurb Fuji S700 on eBay right now. Looks like it'll do what I want, and the price is at least affordable. Then I'll have something decent for the HX1000 review sample I got yesterday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome on both things!

I wish I could get a Nikon Digital SLR, my dad has one, it is freaking cool. Best camera I ever had was a Canon 650 AF/AE SLR with a 420EZ flash and a couple lenses. Boy did I have fun with that thing. I was able to do different kinds of effects, especially with the flash, it could do 5 flashes per second at max range. Now things are even more fancy...

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-came...-32401643.html

I thought that, since I saw that, I'd share it with you. I don't always agree with CNET, YMMV...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wish I could get a Nikon Digital SLR
    Believe me, you're not the only one here wishing that

The Steve's Digicams review of the 700 left me wanting it - it's only around $150 refurbed. I can handle that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

most of the time, newegg's photos are the same photos supplied by the vendor.

FWIW, I love my Konica-Minolta 5D. The Sony bodies are nice, if pricey, and the Image Stabilization is in the body, not the lenses.
    Rig 1: Phenom II X2 550-Asus M5A78L-MLX--2x4 Patriot DDR3 1333--Asus Formula HD4770--Enermax Triathlor 450--LG Flatron W2252TQ--Win 10 x64
    Rig 2: Core i3 6300--Asrock Z170M Extreme4--2x8 Adata DDR4 2400--EVGA GTX 750Ti--Corsair CX500M--Corsair Hydro H55--Windows 7 x64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrWicked1968 View Post
    FWIW, I love my Konica-Minolta 5D.
    I'd love your 5D too. When can I expect that to show up in my mailbox again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Wolf View Post

The Steve's Digicams review of the 700 left me wanting it - it's only around $150 refurbed. I can handle that.
    Body only, right?