Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bsod i hear my HDs spinning up after restart

riiaku Guest

ok ill try the harddrive thing first, but i need a computer for this month and next cause of school. but if the harddrive thing doesnt fix it then yeah ill replace the board, im thinking of gettin rid of my x1900 xt and buying a 7900 GTO. Another friend of mine that had a 9700 told me that he had the exact same problems im having, and he changed out his ATI card and got a 6800 ultra and now no more crashes. so i dont know. but ill definitly do as you said and try it. i did do a fresh format and all.

riiaku Guest

Default i finished the game

this is weird, i play cs source for like 6 hours and no bsods or crashes, i play any other game for hours and hours and no crashing yet with actofwar it crashes, i beat teh game finally so no need to go back and play but i think ur right it must be the game engine. Im going to keep running tests and see how it goes, i hear GRAW is hell on ur system so ill try it out and come back with info, if it doesnt work im going to buy a raptor 150 and install it and see how it runs, if its all good ill refurbish my other 2 harddrives, im not going to run raid 0 anymore because i hear its not at all what its cracked up to be.

riiaku Guest

yeah its definetly the game, i had a bsod after i installed my audigy 2zs back in but that was because of a bad network driver, and i replaced it and never again got a bsod. but other than that ive been playing games for the past 9 hours and no bsods at all. its definitly the game. its gotta be. I"m going to continue running tests, but if i get another bsod ill definitly buy another harddrive and test it on that after that ill replace the motherboard if that doesnt work, ill come back here when ive done those 2 things ok, thank you very much for your help.
    Last edited by riiaku; 11-22-2006 at 05:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Usually when i reformat my pc i have a certain way of doing it, i remeber reading this on a forum.
    For example i remove the audio card and my ethernet card if i have one , then i reformat so i can later install this 2 one by one. Make sure you install your chipset driver first thing after a clean reformat , followed by my graphic card driver and then audio card drivers.
    Better to do it slowly and one piece at a time then everything at the same time , it might cause system conflicts.
    Also unless you really need it and browse the internet a lot , i would stay away from antivirus softwares if you want your machine to run smooth, but thats just me=)
    I browse only certain sites that i know im safe on and i stay away from unkown links and downloads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh, I'm really bad with driver reinstalls. I install every single one and then hit them all at once with a single reboot
    Condoleeza Rice is nice but I prefer A-Roni