Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SilverPower

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think when their very first review went up, all these things were pointed out. It's a shame that after putting in tremendous effort, the results are not safely above reproach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm not holding my breath that I'll get a proper response...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

jediYoda you aren't doing them any good and Chris is already working on it. . So just sit down and shut up for once ok? You're continued trolling alternating with ass kissing is unneccesary.

That is your last warning, understood?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know I wrote anand with some of the observations that I share with others here, as typical, I got no response (to be fair he is a busy guy). I don't think they care if they are doing things the way other smart people think they should be done, anand and company might not be humble enough to listen to advice or suggestions. I could be wrong though, and I hope I am. I don't think I will read their reviews until changes are made.
    System #1: DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR; Athy 64 s939 4800 Toledo (MKII) @ 3.01GHz w/Thermalright XP-120 Lapped & Panaflo w/Coollabs Liquid Metal compound; 2 x 1GB Team Xtreem Cronus Micron 5B-f DDR-500; EVGA 7950GT; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum; 6prt Adaptec USB card; SevenTeam ST750Z-AF Modular supply; ASUS DRW 1608DW burner NEC 3520a burner; Seagate 7200.10 750GB SATAII HD; Seagate 7200.10 ES 500 GB SATAII HD; Excelstor 80GB SATAI HD; Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 UWK; it's modest, but paid for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Every company in Taiwan uses Chroma for their own evaluations? Really?

Then that island I was on last year must have been Madagascar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyGURU View Post
    Then that island I was on last year must have been Madagascar.
    WOW!!! Did you meet the ninja penguins from that Madagascar movie too!?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Yep. And there were these funny little animals there that danced around singing "I like to move it.. move it..."

Seriously, I don't want to pick on anyone, but you can't use words like "every" when you don't know for a fact. My guess is that someone was told this by a certain company, but it must be said that certain representatives are often just marketing tools in themselves and that you have to swim through a good deal of bull shit to get any kind of facts from some of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

jonnyGURU; Indeed, marketers, what a load of ly***, erm. Yea

I agree with you there, I work with laser cutting and sometimes the stuff the sellers say we can cut is just mind boggling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CO2 LASERS by any chance? What brand? (I'm a former LASER jocky). A LASER gives out a specific wavelength of a very narrow band, monochromatic (with a few exceptions), and that given wavelength will have specific effects on various materials. Certain materials absorb a given wavelength more readily and so on. With the right wavelength, pulse form and amplitude, coherence length, collimation, and focus lasers can cut/damage/drill/etcetera *just about* any substance on the planet, even reflective surfaces in certain instances.

For instance, Neodymium:YAG LASERs are often used to mark cut diamonds. There are other examples. I have worked with LASERs that are so powerful they can knock a large brick down and such. I remember a CO2 TEA LASER that was particularly, well, heavy duty...
    System #1: DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR; Athy 64 s939 4800 Toledo (MKII) @ 3.01GHz w/Thermalright XP-120 Lapped & Panaflo w/Coollabs Liquid Metal compound; 2 x 1GB Team Xtreem Cronus Micron 5B-f DDR-500; EVGA 7950GT; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum; 6prt Adaptec USB card; SevenTeam ST750Z-AF Modular supply; ASUS DRW 1608DW burner NEC 3520a burner; Seagate 7200.10 750GB SATAII HD; Seagate 7200.10 ES 500 GB SATAII HD; Excelstor 80GB SATAI HD; Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 UWK; it's modest, but paid for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yea, a CO2 laser

Mazak FG-300 12M

Can cut tubes up to 12m in length and 200x200mm in width/height (I modded it so it does 250x250 now )
    It has a 3D cutting head so can cut any shape and form of tube, and make any cut in the tube... Quite interesting work I must say
    The laser on this machine is a Panasonic 2.5kW, have cut up to 12.5mm in normal steel, at an angle making the cut close to 20mm... (T and H beams)
    Have also cut stainless steel up to 7mm