Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forums become extremely slow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It still has slow spots, but for the most part it does seem to be a little better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Forums become extremely slow

I noticed the forums randomly become slow, as in taking a minute to load a simple thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's been very very slow at times, on and off last night and today/tonight, Which is Thursday, 19 July. No matter how it goes, I remain faithful to the site, ermm, heh. I applaud you for working at this, I appreciate that it isn't easy!
    System #1: DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR; Athy 64 s939 4800 Toledo (MKII) @ 3.01GHz w/Thermalright XP-120 Lapped & Panaflo w/Coollabs Liquid Metal compound; 2 x 1GB Team Xtreem Cronus Micron 5B-f DDR-500; EVGA 7950GT; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum; 6prt Adaptec USB card; SevenTeam ST750Z-AF Modular supply; ASUS DRW 1608DW burner NEC 3520a burner; Seagate 7200.10 750GB SATAII HD; Seagate 7200.10 ES 500 GB SATAII HD; Excelstor 80GB SATAI HD; Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 UWK; it's modest, but paid for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

for the past couple months it's been slow more often than fast. sometimes it takes 2-3 minutes to load up a single page.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigd
    coolermaster lacks active pfc in every psu i have seen. seasonic sucks fsp sucks tagan sucks antec is ok but the leaders were are and always have been thermaltake and hiper. they both make very stable psus at good prices. antecs failure rate is not as high as stated above, but thermaltake toughpower is the best psu on the market bar none. coolermaster efficiency is also low more heat is given off then just "waste heat" like zalman and thermaltake do._bigd
    http://i12.tinypic.com/4ytbf5k.png

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Yeah. The site just gets more and more popular and Tera-Byte can't seem to handle it. The Corsair VX450W review almost killed me. We (or actually, Tazz) is going to help migrate the forums over to jonnyguru.net which will be on a GoDaddy server. Hopefully that will be the beginning of this site being an acceptable speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jon, if you can give me a detailed report on the symptoms, suggestions and problems you have, I can get an opinion from one of the friendly iNet guys who run ocforums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's been weird for me. The forums have slowed down to all hell almost every night for the past 2 months except for this week. Sometimes around noon also. However when I go to the main front page and browse reviews the site is at full speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The forums, and the site in general are extremely slow in the wee hours of the morning (like, 2-5am) when I usually come on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

Well, if the forums are slow, the whole site is slow. The main site, forums, email, etc. are all on the same server. Because the site is completely dynamic, there is a high memory overhead. tera-byte won't/can't upgrade the RAM on the server I'm on and, due to my package, won't allocate more RAM to my account. The other suggestion was to implement more static pages, which is absolutely ludicrous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Clicking Post reply button and trying to look at the PSU discussion sections yields me this