Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The making of a case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signmeuptoo View Post
    Oh yeah, and one other idea, which I am "double posting" so it will be real visible here so that the guys can consider it:

You know how nice the finish is on the steel of the Infiniti power supply case? What about your case parts incorporating that brushed metal look?
    It's already brushed black.

I prefer brushed over "piano gloss."

Another nice thing is how Ultra's other case you should use used a PC board to send power to parts, what about using that feature, or some kind of cable management tubing system to route supply and drive cables more neatly.
    The case will get that, but it's the final step in the process. You can't make the PCB and then change around the lay out of the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I did miss your post about that, I read too fast. What I meant by using the 92 mm fan is on a HD cube that incorporates one floppy, the fan would have to be smaller to cool the 3 HDs while still accomodating the floppy drive. Wasting an entire 5.25" bay just for a floppy is unappealing, that is why I suggested it.

Check out the panduit channel products, maybe there are some things there you could use?

Also, didn't mean to imply that what you had on the top of the case was using a 5.25" bay, I was referring to what Coolermaster did that I didn't like. I really like their Stacker, the original one, but there are some things I would change on it, plus make it more affordable, too...
    System #1: DFI LP UT nF4 SLI-DR; Athy 64 s939 4800 Toledo (MKII) @ 3.01GHz w/Thermalright XP-120 Lapped & Panaflo w/Coollabs Liquid Metal compound; 2 x 1GB Team Xtreem Cronus Micron 5B-f DDR-500; EVGA 7950GT; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum; 6prt Adaptec USB card; SevenTeam ST750Z-AF Modular supply; ASUS DRW 1608DW burner NEC 3520a burner; Seagate 7200.10 750GB SATAII HD; Seagate 7200.10 ES 500 GB SATAII HD; Excelstor 80GB SATAI HD; Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 UWK; it's modest, but paid for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any updates on this case?

Daniel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

If it hasn't been released yet probably not since jonny doesn't consult for Ultra anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Haha... yeah. I'm thinking this case is dead unless someone picks up where I left off or I decide some other company needs a new case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i need a new case

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I read the first couple posts, I thought, What would happen if we mounted the motherboard to the left side of the case, upside down. CPU on the bottom next to the bottom mounted PSU and slots at the top?

Because of my quest for quiet, I like the idea of the PSU cooling nothing but itself. If I could put up a wall in the middle of the bottom of my P180 and still get air to move over the hard drives (even out the front) I would do it.

In a lot of ways the BTX standard has some good ideas. Too bad it never caught on.