Thread: Would this be a normal score form 3DMark06?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Would this be a normal score form 3DMark06?

Here is the score:

And here is the system:

WindowsXP Home, Asus A7N8X-X (non-dual channel model), AMD AthlonXP 3200+, EVGA 6800GT, 1GB Corsair XMS Pro DDR400, Hiper 580

This system isn't overclocked, all settings are default. Well, now that I think of it, the memory voltage is lowered to 2.5 from the default 2.6.

Just trying to get an idea if this system configuration is working somewhere around normal or if there might be problems.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, it sounds about right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. That score was from a test done prior to installing the Hiper PSU and I did a couple tests. That score was consistent... 1867 and 1869.

I just a little while ago ran another test with the Hiper installed and got 1893. I rebooted the PC, went into BIOS, set settings to "Aggressive" and memory voltage to 2.7...BTW, I was mistaken about that pre-stated voltage. It wasn't 2.5. There is no 2.5 for this board. It had to have been 2.7 default because I remember lowering the voltage and the voltage going into the BIOS was setting at 2.6. Nevertheless I set it to 2.7, saved and exited.

Windows booted up, I shut down all non-essential programs and ran 3DMark06.

With the BIOS settings supposedly more performance oriented the score remained the exact same number...1893.

EDITED -
    BTW, the lower score...1867, 1869... was with the Ultra XVS700, I just recently purchased, installed.
    Last edited by MartyLK; 04-08-2007 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The difference between the three scores is enough to be within the margin of error. I've seen my scores vary as much as 150 points (or more) from one run to the next with me making no changes at all to anything. From what I've heard and seen in '01 the tests vary a bit from time to time. Certain things happen one way on one run and another on another run so the scores between runs will naturally vary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

3DMark06 just now ended for the third test since installing this Hiper PSU.

I went into BIOS prior to running this latest test for purposes of putting memory back to 2.6 from 2.7. I left the settings at "aggressive" saved and exited and when Windows loaded up i shut down all the non-essential programs and ran the test.

Score was 1896.

Quote Originally Posted by madmat View Post
    The difference between the three scores is enough to be within the margin of error. I've seen my scores vary as much as 150 points (or more) from one run to the next with me making no changes at all to anything. From what I've heard and seen in '01 the tests vary a bit from time to time. Certain things happen one way on one run and another on another run so the scores between runs will naturally vary.
    I agree with you but one thing I came to learn under the exhaustive efforts of trying to help that now defunct MSI system is that a reboot of the computer after a test seems to make the test consistent. I've done numerous tests with this P5ND2-SLI system...because it's my primary power system and I have 3DMark06 specifically for this system....and the tests are all consistent, hardly even varying 1 point, as long as I reboot after each test. And I always make the same preparations prior to the test...shutting down all the same non-essential programs and processes. If I don't reboot, sometimes the score is incredibly low. For an example it normally scores at 3819 and an incredibly low score is in the below 2000 range.

EDITED -
    I beg your pardon. I just got done with another test on the AthlonXP system and sure enough the score dropped to 1870. DOH!

Where's that kick-myself-in-the-butt icon...
    Last edited by MartyLK; 04-08-2007 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have run those barebones settings also..shutting down everything within a 4 block radius..

Then I test with my daily driver settings to see where I am really at..
    E8600 @ 4.5Gghz@1.36v currently, ABit IP35Pro ThermalRight SE128 Corsair Dominators 4gb PC8500 EVGA 280GTX XFI Fatality Gamer Pro
    2x150gb Raptors Raid Zero Corsair TX650
    Antex 1200 Samsung 216BW