Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSU advice for 5600X + RX6800 (OC)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramar View Post
    I also would like to know.
    Juular would you please explain your reasoning?
    Corsair RM is the most expensive despite it uses all-Chinese caps. I haven't much info on Gigabyte P-GM ATM, but now it's obvious that you shouldn't buy this unit. Seasonic Focus GX is 10$ more expensive than SF Leadex III and Bitfenix Whisper despite offering somewhat lower performance but really i didn't recommend it because Seasonic had some problems with high-transient power draw GPUs and it's still not clear if Focus GX doesn't have them. Corsair TX-m is the cheapest but it's also the least quiet unit there, so it's worth paying 5-10$ more for the other two IMO, SF Leadex III and Bitfenix Whisper M. I can recommend them equally but Bitfenix probably shoud have better consumer support in Europe (Portugal), not idea about Australia tho.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Juular For This Useful Post:

Ultramar (11-24-2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juular View Post
    Corsair RM is the most expensive despite it uses all-Chinese caps.
    That's because the RM doesn't use Jilin Sino and Champion MOSFETs. Better to spend money on parts that can actually explode then spend extra on "brand name" capacitors that make zero difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gerow View Post
    That's because the RM doesn't use Jilin Sino and Champion MOSFETs. Better to spend money on parts that can actually explode then spend extra on "brand name" capacitors that make zero difference.
    No doubt, but when you can get SF Leadex III \ Bitfenix Whisper for cheaper, the choice is obvious. I'd consider paying 10$ more for RMx just for Corsair support and quieter operation but judging by how OP didn't include RMx at all, it's way more expensive there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juular View Post
    No doubt, but when you can get SF Leadex III \ Bitfenix Whisper for cheaper, the choice is obvious. I'd consider paying 10$ more for RMx just for Corsair support and quieter operation but judging by how OP didn't include RMx at all, it's way more expensive there.
    I get that. I was addressing your "despite using all-Chinese caps" specifically.