Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Cougar/HEC PSU's any good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Cougar has a tendency of changing local structure on short notice. In Europe some people have ended up without anyone who cared when their product turned out faulty. Cougar changed distributors and in the end everyone sent the user somewhere else to avoid the cost of dealing with RMA. I'd take 3 years with Corsair over 5 years with Cougar any time. Plus the TX-M is a PSU which performed well in reviews and has low RMA rate. For Cougar GEX we don't have reviews and it's still rather new to the market. I'd personally go for Corsair here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
    MWE Gold 650 & TX 650M v2.

While I wouldn't go as far as saying the MWE Gold is mediocre but it's definitely not in the same league as the TX650M v2 in terms of electrical performance.
    How do I know if the TX M I'm looking at is the V2? It has the grey label and is semi modular afaik

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Philipus II View Post
    Cougar has a tendency of changing local structure on short notice. In Europe some people have ended up without anyone who cared when their product turned out faulty. Cougar changed distributors and in the end everyone sent the user somewhere else to avoid the cost of dealing with RMA. I'd take 3 years with Corsair over 5 years with Cougar any time. Plus the TX-M is a PSU which performed well in reviews and has low RMA rate. For Cougar GEX we don't have reviews and it's still rather new to the market. I'd personally go for Corsair here.
    Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Grey label is V2. 1st TXM has a black label with yellow letters, was launched in 2011 and EOL in the end of 2013.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by --Sid-- View Post
    Grey label is V2. 1st TXM has a black label with yellow letters, was launched in 2011 and EOL in the end of 2013.
    I don't know why you end users keep making up suffixes for Corsair products like "2018 Edition" and "V2".

Technically, the TX "V2" was also Bronze.

Why not just say, "one is 80 PLUS Bronze and the new one is 80 PLUS Gold". There. Done.

http://www.jongerow.com/Corsair_PSU_...chy/index.html