Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: bsod problems with x1900xt and new psu

riiaku Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Super Nade View Post
    If your video card is not overclocked, heat should not be a problem (noise will).
    iv read quite a few reviews saying that my video card at stock settings runs very hot, very close to restarting temps, so im thinking of buying the accelero x2 for its quiet cooler and efficient cooling.

riiaku Guest

i know we this will sound like going in circiles, but whats better? a single rail cpu with 60 amps on one rail or a multi rail psu with 18amps on each rail?

cause i bought the 850 watt silverstone psu for 250, yet i feel like i wont ever use that 850 watts, ever, even with a crossfire set up and my cpu overclocked to 3.0 gigahertz, so i think i should return the silverstone and buy the pc power and cooling 750 watt, for 50 bucks less, i dont know. what do you think? will i ever use those 750 watts with the system ill be getting soon?

EDIT: I wish jonny would review the pc power and cooling silencer 750
    Last edited by riiaku; 10-27-2006 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by riiaku View Post
    EDIT: I wish jonny would review the pc power and cooling silencer 750
    Buy one and send it to him
    MSI P67A-GD65
    i72600K@4.8
    Corsair H70
    4x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 16Gb 1600
    MSI 670 GTX PE/OC
    2x750Gb Seagate Barracuda's RAID 0
    Zalman ZM-MFC1
    Lite-On Dvd burner
    SB X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro
    Silverstone Zeus ST85ZF
    Coolermaster HAF-932
    "Experience is the benchmark of maturity"

riiaku Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CAD4466HK View Post
    Buy one and send it to him
    how does your psu support the system u have now? cause it seems like your system would be useing 450 watts by now and yet your psu is only 480 and ur efficiency is around 80 percent right? so i will never need my 850 watt will i?

For the system i want, for instance if i get a second card for crossfire or a dx10 card, and a creative xfi card, an extra 120mm fan, overclock my system to 3.2 gigahertz and and run a tv tuner card, how much power will my system use? im thinking of returning or selling the 850 watt silverstone i have and getting the 750 watt pc power and cooling. ill end up saving 100 bucks and 60 amps on one rail.
    Last edited by riiaku; 10-31-2006 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how does your psu support the system u have now? cause it seems like your system would be useing 450 watts by now and yet your psu is only 480 and ur efficiency is around 80 percent right? so i will never need my 850 watt will i?

For the system i want, for instance if i get a second card for crossfire or a dx10 card, and a creative xfi card, an extra 120mm fan, overclock my system to 3.2 gigahertz and and run a tv tuner card, how much power will my system use? im thinking of returning or selling the 850 watt silverstone i have and getting the 750 watt pc power and cooling. ill end up saving 100 bucks and 60 amps on one rail.
    For one thing, I'm sure my system is "not" pulling anywhere near 450w.
    Trust me, I fell into the marketing hype on PSU's like alot of other people
    did a few years ago, and I regret it now

BTY jG has that PSU at his proveing grounds right now, getting ready to see if the little bitch has what it takes for the hotbox , then it gets shipped to OW for recapping

If I was you, which I'm not, I would keep that Zeus over that rebadged
    Seasonic anyday
    MSI P67A-GD65
    i72600K@4.8
    Corsair H70
    MSI 670 GTX PE/OC
    Zalman ZM-MFC1
    Lite-On Dvd burner
    Silverstone Zeus ST85ZF
    Coolermaster HAF-932

riiaku Guest

For one thing, I'm sure my system is "not" pulling anywhere near 450w.
    Trust me, I fell into the marketing hype on PSU's like alot of other people
    did a few years ago, and I regret it now

BTY jG has that PSU at his proveing grounds right now, getting ready to see if the little bitch has what it takes for the hotbox , then it gets shipped to OW for recapping

If I was you, which I'm not, I would keep that Zeus over that rebadged
    Seasonic anyday
    what? the silencer is a rebadged seasonic? i found out now i can only get 50 dollar difference now between the two or less. so now its too late i guess. what the hell do i need 850 watts for? SHIT!!!!!!!, i should have bought a 600 watt silverstone or pc power and cooling and stuck with that. because then id still have ample wattage and a lot of amperes, cause thats what matter, amperes and quality. I'm thinking of buying another x1900 XT before they leave the market to run crossfire because a friend of mine at microsoft told me vista and dx10 is just a lot of hype, and that it wont be as great as everyone thought it would be. he told me to wait a year or a year and a half after its release to reveal its potential but even then a crossfire system will be able to take anything that is thrown at it. so i dont know. what do you think? id like a second opinion.

EDIT: this is what i plan on getting next. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889160005
    would this screen draw power from my PSU or just from the wall?
    Last edited by riiaku; 11-02-2006 at 03:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what? the silencer is a rebadged seasonic? i found out now i can only get 50 dollar difference now between the two or less. so now its too late i guess. what the hell do i need 850 watts for? SHIT!!!!!!!, i should have bought a 600 watt silverstone or pc power and cooling and stuck with that. because then id still have ample wattage and a lot of amperes, cause thats what matter, amperes and quality. I'm thinking of buying another x1900 XT before they leave the market to run crossfire because a friend of mine at microsoft told me vista and dx10 is just a lot of hype, and that it wont be as great as everyone thought it would be. he told me to wait a year or a year and a half after its release to reveal its potential but even then a crossfire system will be able to take anything that is thrown at it. so i dont know. what do you think? id like a second opinion.

EDIT: this is what i plan on getting next. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889160005

Put it this way,if you keep the Zeus, thats one less PC upgrade your going to have to shell out for.

That PSU will serve you well through the next couple of years
    MSI P67A-GD65
    i72600K@4.8
    Corsair H70
    MSI 670 GTX PE/OC
    Zalman ZM-MFC1
    Lite-On Dvd burner
    Silverstone Zeus ST85ZF
    Coolermaster HAF-932

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just the wall.

riiaku Guest

Put it this way,if you keep the Zeus, thats one less PC upgrade your going to have to shell out for.

That PSU will serve you well through the next couple of years
    oh dude my system is really unstable now, im gettin all these weird crashes everytime i start up windows media player ofr AIM triton or other programs sometimes like the search option. what could it be? im thinking of uninstalling aim triton and bitdefender and getting another antivirus, cause my system is really unstable. There are no blue screens, just constant freezes. I have ATI catalyst 6.9, i hear those have problems, what drivers should i try that you know of?

EDIT I JUST GOT A BLUE SCREEN ERROR, OMG im sooo pissed off, it was a stop error. i just got my ram chips replace yesterday, what is going on? what could it be? something tells me i should have stayed with nvidia and AMD.
    Last edited by riiaku; 11-03-2006 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh dude my system is really unstable now, im gettin all these weird crashes everytime i start up windows media player ofr AIM triton or other programs sometimes like the search option. what could it be? im thinking of uninstalling aim triton and bitdefender and getting another antivirus, cause my system is really unstable. There are no blue screens, just constant freezes. I have ATI catalyst 6.9, i hear those have problems, what drivers should i try that you know of?

EDIT I JUST GOT A BLUE SCREEN ERROR, OMG im sooo pissed off, it was a stop error. i just got my ram chips replace yesterday, what is going on? what could it be? something tells me i should have stayed with nvidia and AMD.
    Try a clean install with "NO" programs running and see how she acts.
    XP will be a bitch to install with any hardware conflicts present,most of the time that is, but it could be a loose wire or a hard drive slowly dying
    MSI P67A-GD65
    i72600K@4.8
    Corsair H70
    MSI 670 GTX PE/OC
    Zalman ZM-MFC1
    Lite-On Dvd burner
    Silverstone Zeus ST85ZF
    Coolermaster HAF-932